R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I realize Mld and believe they are guilty. I'm just smart enough to understand cheating and bending rules is a widespread thing in all sports and every organization has players or personnel who look for ways. Hell when this story broke many ex and current Nfl players like Rice, Rodgers to name a couple came out stating how they cheat. Nobody gets in a uproar over any of that. Not a Pats fan or Brady fan but double standard and fact this is nothing but a jealous witch hunt is bothers me.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    I realize Mld and believe they are guilty. I'm just smart enough to understand cheating and bending rules is a widespread thing in all sports and every organization has players or personnel who look for ways. Hell when this story broke many ex and current Nfl players like Rice, Rodgers to name a couple came out stating how they cheat. Nobody gets in a uproar over any of that. Not a Pats fan or Brady fan but double standard and fact this is nothing but a jealous witch hunt is bothers me.
    It's because they have been much worse and especially arrogant in high profile situations....Kraft and Goodell are good friends and the Pats have been hammered twice publicly

First team to lose a 1st round pick and it happened again for cheating

It seems like a witch hunt for a reason.....why would Goodell and the NFL go after a team so hard if nothing was there in the first place?

Like I said, the spygate stuff was most likely really bad that they had to destroy all evidence. Lots of rumors and many former players in that time period hold grudges because they know something was off

1 play here or there could have costed teams championships and people jobs because of that

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Well if this is indeed payback for spygate which was also overblown and a widespread league problem the Pats just took an extra step with. Then where is Goodells accountability? Why did the owners not band against that punk bitch and have him ousted? I realize he's making them $$ and that's all anyone cares about. But seriously any puppet could fill his shoes. If you think Goodell is in bed with Kraft which he was and destroyed evidence his credibility should be completely shot and ousted from league.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

There's some thought that the evidence was so bad that it would really damage the NFL if it came out....I think the owners probably have the attitude of ok we let them off easy and now they're back at it again, unreal

Bottom line is its not in the best interest of the NFL to have these cheating scandals so they're probably much worse and deserved.....If you don't cheat nothing will ever happen, bottom line

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ratboy where is your contempt and 500 threads for the cheater Colabello? Nonexistent because he's a Blowjay your fave team? You are most ignorant dumb fukk troll here double standard much clown?
    no, no.. i am against anyone creating artificial edge..

i am looking into the Collabello... might have been framed.
    so i can't pass judgement yet, but i have launched official invesitgation,
    problem is.. all my guys have been assigned to monitor and investigate the Pats..
    (they are still active and most innovative in creating new and even more crooked ways to cheat)

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

But that's my point everyone cheats to some degree. Aaron Rodgers readily admitted he tells his guys to overinflate after they have possession and they've been checked by league. He ADMITTED it yet no follow up or investigation? Bottom line this stuff is a non issue and if league feels it's so important to integrity then they should have refs or separate unbiased party handle ball situation till game time. This is a rule now but at time of deflate gate was not. Again all goes back to league being accountable as well. Original punishment was way over the top to begin with and probably why this still exists.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

And all this nonsense about Pats history of cheating. Think it was Steel curtain.com or something to that effect I looked at last year. Listed all known cases of cheating in Nfl history and Pats were not even close to topping list. Believe Denver was actually on top by wide margin.

Called "Yourteamcheats.com" lists all known cases of cheating by every Nfl team. Denver ranks #1, with Pats #23! Again this is just media running with nothing and creating a huge misconception. I always encouraged people to do their own homework on any issue. Just don't listen to media they are bought paid for liars with an agenda.
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 04-25-16 at 02:02 PM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

That site was created by a Patriots fan

My point is these cheating scandals are not what anyone involved with the NFL wants....so the Pats must be doing things that are especially egregious and arrogant. If they were doing run of the mill things it would never blow up like this....come on man

You can't say whether Spygate was overblown because they destroyed all of the evidence
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 04-25-16 at 02:12 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Spygate and Deflategate. NFL should give Rams and Seahawks their Superbowls. Punish the cheaters. Deflategate happened because no one was punished for Spygate.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

But that's my point everyone cheats to some degree. Aaron Rodgers readily admitted he tells his guys to overinflate after they have possession and they've been checked by league. He ADMITTED it yet no follow up or investigation? Bottom line this stuff is a non issue and if league feels it's so important to integrity then they should have refs or separate unbiased party handle ball situation till game time. This is a rule now but at time of deflate gate was not. Again all goes back to league being accountable as well. Original punishment was way over the top to begin with and probably why this still exists.
    Shut up about Rodgers already,I don't see Brady bringing his name up or anybody else for that matter.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Does not matter who created it. Fact is these are known documented cases that have gone on over time. League has always done a great job of sweeping things under rug and networks have never dwelled on a story like this or spygate. Your average Nfl fan probably does not know the history of spygate even or fact many other teams were guilty. Pats just went a step further and through media manipulation anyone who hears spygate now automatically associates it with NE.

Good discussion MLD you know I respect you and believe you are one of more educated and unbiased fans around here!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Yeah you as well....we just don't see eye to eye on this one and that's fine

I'm reading some the stuff on that site and it's pretty mild and alot of the stuff is a real stretch

But regardless I still stand by the fact that it all goes back to spygate and many teams have been pissed off that the NFL/Goodell destroyed everything....Google the name Ernie Adams

I want to find the article from last year about it....makes you wonder how bad it could have been

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

KPackerd I have nothing against Rodgers actually love him as a player. And I don't see an issue with any of this being a crime or worthy of punishment. Fact is though he made that statement and no going back from it. Good for Brady he's a man's man for not playing that card and breaking players code like Colts did and turning rat or trying to throw someone else under bus with him. Hope I didn't make your homer goggles steam over with fury I was just stating a fact not going after Rodgers.

Ratzz

And all this nonsense about Pats history of cheating. Think it was Steel curtain.com or something to that effect I looked at last year. Listed all known cases of cheating in Nfl history and Pats were not even close to topping list. Believe Denver was actually on top by wide margin.

Called "Yourteamcheats.com" lists all known cases of cheating by every Nfl team. Denver ranks #1, with Pats #23! Again this is just media running with nothing and creating a huge misconception. I always encouraged people to do their own homework on any issue. Just don't listen to media they are bought paid for liars with an agenda.
    LOL... so you bought this?

an idiot PATS fan.. creates a PHONEY website.. where they list cheaters by rank
    (AND the PATS are 23rd!!!!)

oh man... that is sweet. the kicker here is that THE BRONCOS are No.1!!!

OMG... what a knucklehead.. good thing you are not a cop.
    "no, no.. i spoke to the guy.. he said he didn't do it"
    "said it was red paint"

this is one of the pages on that site
    http://yourteamcheats.com/what-is-deflategate

do you think that is Pro-Pat or not?

idiot.

they have a SPECIAL SECTION where they go INTO SPYGATE and DEFLATEGATE..
    c;claiming that both are nonsense

Ratzz

Does not matter who created it. Fact is these are known documented cases that have gone on over time. League has always done a great job of sweeping things under rug and networks have never dwelled on a story like this or spygate. Your average Nfl fan probably does not know the history of spygate even or fact many other teams were guilty. Pats just went a step further and through media manipulation anyone who hears spygate now automatically associates it with NE.

Good discussion MLD you know I respect you and believe you are one of more educated and unbiased fans around here!
    idiot. YES IT DOES MATTER WHO CREATED IT.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Will do this evening MLD

packerd_00

Packerd I have nothing against Rodgers actually love him as a player. And I don't see an issue with any of this being a crime or worthy of punishment. Fact is though he made that statement and no going back from it. Good for Brady he's a man's man for not playing that card and breaking players code like Colts did. Hope I didn't make your homer goggles steam over with fury I was just stating a fact not going after Rodgers.
    Fair enough dude,I think they should have dropped this after the verdict was handed out,and also Kraft should have shut up about the draft picks aswell.

Rodgers backed up Brady actually during the case to be fair to the guy.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Ratzz most cases have been brought out and documented just never abused like this deflate gate crap. It's not some Pats fan making shit up my point. You are a prime example of a fan who is naive enough to think Pats are worst team of cheaters and basically invented the art form. You seriously need to educate yourself I've given you countless examples myself over past year/ half alone.

packerd_00

And no im not a homer by the way,no more then anybody else including yourself.

Ratzz

if ANY person goes through THAT KIND OF TROUBLE to divert blame.. then they are GUILTY.
    that is what criminals or the guilty do.

the fact that the No.1 Team is Denver... and the PATRIOTS are near the bottom is all you need to know..
    did you click not the specific links that attempt to poke holes in all the theories?

all you need to read is the message contained in the URL
    "YOUR TEAM CHEATS"

what is really meant is "your team cheats too"

funny how IT IS ALWAYS THE PATS WHO GET CAUGHT....

FUNNY HOW IT IS ONLY THE PATS WHO GET CAUGHT

what a child you are... to believe in that transparent website

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Just to chime in about the Spygate stuff, a lot of people have this idea that the Pats were doing some super dirty flat out cheating. Couldn't be further from that. They were videotaping defensive signals. First off, you were allowed to do this. Everyone did it because why wouldn't you. Where the Pats went wrong if I recall was just doing it from the sidelines. The NFL had just changed the rule and said no taping from the sidelines, but that rule was misinterpreted by belichick who thought it referred to the use of the video for the the same game.

My point is, the whole thing about the "dirty, cheating pats" is nothing but a BS rep which is about 10% founded in reality and 90% bitterness toward them because of always doing things better than everyone and plus Belichick's apparent arrogance. Same deal with Deflategate. A QB adjusting the ball to his standards is such a nothing. No one would even have ever cared if certain owners and certain league officials didn't have an agenda from the get-go.

The biggest shame is that 95% of the Pats' success is because they work their asses off! From the top down. Great scouting, amazing coaches, choosing players who love the game and will make sacrifices to get better and help the team win. Guys who work all year long at their craft, take care of themselves, show up early, stay late, study film, work tirelessly to get better. BRADY is the quintessential example of that. And instead because of all this crap, casual fans associate he and the Pats with "cheating." It's a shame is what it is.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Just to chime in about the Spygate stuff, a lot of people have this idea that the Pats were doing some super dirty flat out cheating. Couldn't be further from that. They were videotaping defensive signals. First off, you were allowed to do this. Everyone did it because why wouldn't you. Where the Pats went wrong if I recall was just doing it from the sidelines. The NFL had just changed the rule and said no taping from the sidelines, but that rule was misinterpreted by belichick who thought it referred to the use of the video for the the same game.
    You just don't know exactly what they were doing for years prior to being caught and neither do I

Many think it was way worse than just that

listen to this, sounds really bad:

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Law caught up with Tom

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Just to chime in about the Spygate stuff, a lot of people have this idea that the Pats were doing some super dirty flat out cheating. Couldn't be further from that. ...... It's a shame is what it is.
    people that are not serious cheaters just do not get caught up in serious scandals like this even ONCE.

the fact is that the Pats are always cheating in some respect.. THEY ALWAYS CHEAT.

this is KARMA. Period.

End of Discussion. GUILTY as Charged.

Ratzz

SPYGATE WAS SOOOOO BAD they destroyed ALL THE EVIDENCE...

Goodell logically thought that belichik would be grateful NOT to be kicked out of the league
    and would go straight.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    people that are not serious cheaters just do not get caught up in serious scandals like this even ONCE.

the fact is that the Pats are always cheating in some respect.. THEY ALWAYS CHEAT.

this is KARMA. Period.

End of Discussion. GUILTY as Charged.
    BINGO

NFL doesn't want this garbage and it happens not once,but twice with the same team

afgballer56
    afgballer56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

brady is a competitor and all competitors take any edge they can
    hes not a cheater
    he din take steroids
    hes the greatest QB of alltime and this was a witch hunt by the NFL

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Well here's another issue what we don't know is truly for best. Montana and Rice recent admissions of stickem and Joe saying his linemen used silicone on their jerseys in 80's. Obviously every team thru time has been guilty of looking for edges some more outlandish than others. Many cases have been documented thru being found guilty after investigation or by their own admission down the road in an interview or tell all book post retirement.

Myself I just tend not to dwell on these matters with understanding it's like a plague and how many cases out their we don't know about probably endless. Oh well it's just a damn game end of day!

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

That won't work on my old phone but I'll listen later.

I mean even if for the sake of argument I said okay they were doing bad shit up through SpyGate, they were penalized (insanely and unprecedented - losing a first round pick and paying giant fines), they paid their penance. Then they went on to continue dominating without the benefit of any of that BS. But still they can never just be respected for their devotion to greatness (personally and as a whole organization) -- people seem to just want to find angles and reasons to take all the credit away. Sorry, Tom, all those hours you ate broccoli and kale, got in at 5:30 to watch film, staye late to develop chemistry with new receivers, we don't care, Fukk u ya cheater.

Again, this is a true shame.

And Belichick, sure, he does himself no favors with the way he treats the media. Acts like a douche needlessly. But regardless, to call him just a cheater is to disregard what an unreal student of the game he is. Knows every detail of every position and how to take best advantage of matchups. Just loves the game and is a pure football genius. Saying he's nothing but a big cheater SO undermines what he's done for the game.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Why can't they be both? Plenty of great baseball players that also took steroids

That's how many will view the Patriots.....They will always have the cheating stain having been caught up twice in big scandals but they still proved they are talented.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pats done

1-3 or 0-4 start means death
    so pats will go 3-1 or 4-0 if he sits first 4 since you are one of the worst predictors ever born.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

What league should do is keep this internal like most businesses. Just conduct your own little kangaroo court that's private to handle these matters. Hit them where it hurts with a fine or gm checks but no suspensions and try best to keep media out of it and internalize the matter. Now I'm not talking about players busted for dui or beating a women obviously completely different.

But come on seriously a deflated football? Handle business in house and quietly there are actually real issues and problems in this world!

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Odds ratzzz is a broke little man who's team regularly loses to the pats -20000000000

Odds ratzzz will get his feelings hurt by the above line and say his team never lost to pats -30000000000

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Just more motivation for the Patriots.

Brady will take off a quarter of the season and be as fresh as ever when the playoffs start.

Get your futures now.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

My favorite part is how worked up people like Ratzz get over word "cheater" and want them stoned to death for something so insignificant. Obviously cheating just a way of life and transcends sports, and willing to bet 99.9% of all man guilty of multiple ways, multiple times and far worse than deflating a football or putting Vaseline on a go##amn baseball lol.

1. School where it all starts and most are guilty of the cheat.
    2. Significant other
    3. Taxes
    4. Insider trading among many all way down to cheating their diet or speeding in traffic.

Guilty of 1 or more on this short list alone anyone? Yeah I thought so myself included so be careful when throwing stones Mr glasshouse

First 12345 Last