TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Been Thinking About Carolina VS Denver Scenario's During The Game

Any chance at all that Osweiler gets playing time in this one? Reason why I ask... because if Manning comes out throwing this short junk... Carolina's D will be all over it. In fact, just throwing some estimations... what if Carolina is winning by 14 or 17 at the half? Would Osweiler get playing time? What would the 2nd half line be?

Denver +1.5 or +0.5
    Carolina -1.5 or -0.5??

Would you take Denver 2nd half if the announcers told you Osweiler would start 2nd half?

If Kubiak thinks Manning can handle the entire game... he has to be dreaming.

Honestly... I think Osweiler has a better chance at winning this game than Manning.

Only reason why Tom Brady lost to Denver... he was one dimensional. And even then... Denver still got lucky. Now Denver has to face Cam Newton who is super explosive.

I'm just suggesting to some posters... if this game isn't rigged... you should see Carolina up by 14-17 at the half. I'd be ready to take Denver 2nd Half.... if there's a QB change.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3403

not for nothing.. but I think New England got lucky.. You forget 6 points that were on the board should of never happened.

Denver's first turnover on the 20 yard line was a fluke after they had just marched down the field..

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    not for nothing.. but I think New England got lucky.. You forget 6 points that were on the board should of never happened.

Denver's first turnover on the 20 yard line was a fluke after they had just marched down the field..
    Talking about that lateral play? Forward pass? Well.. you're going to get a few mistakes/mental errors. Honestly... to me... that play is on Manning. Even though people are going to say it's the RB's responsibility. It shows you that Manning is "jumpy" at times. Forcing things that just aren't there.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    not for nothing..
    And if Kubiak won't replace Manning... Denver will be in some serious sh#$. If you look at the last 2 games Manning has played... look how many points Denver has scored in the 2nd half. That just won't get it done against Carolina.

It shows you the defense is smarter... Manning gets fatigued. And that spells trouble.

Kubiak needs some balls and get Osweiler ready.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Pats turned it over on the 20 as well. So what. And the lateral turnover, if that's what ur referring to, was not after Denver had marched down the field

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Think they ride with Peyton hell or high water it's his last game. Only scenario I see him getting pulled is if it's just ugly helpless bad down 34-6 in 4th.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Think they ride with Peyton hell or high water it's his last game. Only scenario I see him getting pulled is if it's just ugly helpless bad down 34-6 in 4th.
    I agree with this. I think it's sad that they will RIDE WITH HIM. Carolina -6 is a strong looking play.

Manning = Intelligence, can change plays at the line, knows defense schemes, WEAK TIT ARM
    Osweiler = Everything I said about manning.... just the opposite.

I want the strong arm though.

KnownUnknown
    KnownUnknown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2061

Osweiler would be like a "deer caught in the headlights" in this huge game. Denver backers better hope it doesn't come to that (imo). You can't extrapolate play in the NFL's largely mediocre regular season games to the huge pressure generated in the Super Bowl. That young gun doesn't have enough experience to deal with a solid defense like Carolina's. Denver will sink or swim on the heels of Peyton's play.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
    Osweiler would be like a "deer caught in the headlights" in this huge game. Denver backers better hope it doesn't come to that (imo). You can't extrapolate play in the NFL's largely mediocre regular season games to the huge pressure generated in the Super Bowl. That young gun doesn't have enough experience to deal with a solid defense like Carolina's. Denver will sink or swim on the heels of Peyton's play.
    True. But don't you have to give the kid a chance somewhere? He did get you to this point... while Manning was injured. What about Tom Brady against St. Louis in the Super Bowl? No one believed in Tom Brady when they were 13 point underdogs against the Greatest Show On Turf.

If you DVR'd any of Denver's last 2 playoff games... look at the play calling during the 2nd half. Look at Manning's throws. I just can't believe Kubiak won't step in and say look... here's what we're going to do if you can't do this. Not knocking Manning's intelligence... but he is about a second off to what his mind is telling his body what to do... and that's all a defense needs is an extra second to shut a play down.

Carolina's defense needs to play the poorest for Denver to have a shot to win. Several missing assignments.

KnownUnknown
    KnownUnknown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2061

I agree with you on Peyton's timing but I'm not with you on the Brady comparison. Brady is a special player and his team also had the best coach in the game to lean on. I really wouldn't want my bet relying on a young dude like Brock coming through in such a huge game. That is asking more than most young players could overcome (imo).

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Did Manning get "pulled" in that shellacking against the Seahawks? That was a mercy killing. I am hoping for that type of game so Peyton can take his rightful place next to one time super bowl winning quarterbacks like Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer.

yankees10
    yankees10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Denver might be up 34 to 6 in the 4th what you think they'll do in that scenario ???

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by yankees10 View Post
    Denver might be up 34 to 6 in the 4th what you think they'll do in that scenario ???
    U wake up from dream

yankees10

Dude Denver is covering the game I don't know if they'll win probably but definitely cover

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I agree think Denver gets this and "somehow" Manning rides off in glory most with thanks to the defense once again. Ironic he never had much of a D before and had to carry those teams now roles reversed lol. Think only way possible he gets pulled would be a "mercy" thing if script is not working out he has few picks , been sacked 6x, out their hobbling and Donks down big they give him the hook to save a little face.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

the more i think about this game the more i like Denver.
    but it must be said this depends on Peyton being able to play
    at least 50% better than last week. I think he was kind of strapped in
    at times. It seemed like maybe he wasn't making the calls. He needs
    complete flexibility. This is his last rodeo he is the sheriff.

yankees10

Key to this game is Denver not turning the ball over Carolina thrives on that if denver can protect the ball I think they hang around and most likely win the game

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

The only way Denver stays in the game is if CJ Anderson gets going. This isn't a fairy tale and Manning isn't stupid , he will play it close to the vest and let the running game and defense try to win it. I'm sure studying tape for 2 weeks straight will give him an idea of where the soft spots are and give him some safe throws to make via play action , motion , and stacking but think if he only has to throw 20-25 times that would be ideal.

Could see this being a very boring field position game. Like 7-3 at the half and 21-13 game. If Denver gets behind early by a couple TDs then it could get ugly. Manning having to get chunks of yards to catch up is a recipe for disaster vs this D.

Carolina has been superior to everyone all year while Denver had to win a dogfight at home vs 4-12 SD in the season finale or they probably aren't even here. I think Carolina wins but lowish scoring for them so if the line keeps climbing it's a risky bet. I took them at -5. Jealous of the people that had the foresight to grab the -3.

Mirrapro
    Mirrapro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Would much rather have Peyton in over Brock in this game. If Brock did somehow come in the game I would pound the hell out of whatever line they gave Carolina.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18961

Peyton Manning would have to be hurt to come out - realistically, he is playing in his last game and I think he gets his shot. The warm temperatures will help and I think it will add to his health and his "fastball" so to speak. I am more interested in how many points can the Broncos score? The cannot get in a shootout and the Denver defense has to hold the score down. The under seems to correlate to Denver and Carolina and over correlates in my mind. But, who knows - amazing that we have two teams that fought to get in the Super Bowl and nobody thinks Denver has a chance.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Money cam will throw 2 picks min.

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Talking about that lateral play? Forward pass? Well.. you're going to get a few mistakes/mental errors. Honestly... to me... that play is on Manning. Even though people are going to say it's the RB's responsibility. It shows you that Manning is "jumpy" at times. Forcing things that just aren't there.
    By throwing it backwards half a yard to an open receiver? Give me a break . Denver +210 is a gift

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

The more I think about it, to believe Denver is going to win is to believe the whole thing was scripted from the start. Peyton going out with another ring is the perfect fairy tale ending for the NFL.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bustedu

Plopowitz
    Plopowitz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1423

I see Cam getting a lot done with his legs in this one.

Wallnuts
    Wallnuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1135

I could see the read option tearing up Ware and Von, just like RG3 tore up damarcus ware in the NFCE division title game circa 2012. If those OLBs of Denver go to tee off like they did against Brady they might have some trouble

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

I had a dream that Denver lost 79-0. Largest deficit in Super Bowl history as the announcer said in my dream.

How do you get to 79 you ask? I'm guessing 11 touchdowns and a safety. My dream did not have all the details. Peyton was a pro about it though and shook hands with Cam afterwards.

However, I am fading my dream and taking Denver. If they do lose 79-0 though then I am your God now.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

money wtf is this topic?

its like I am watching 3hr tv radio shows with filler topics

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    True. But don't you have to give the kid a chance somewhere? He did get you to this point... while Manning was injured. What about Tom Brady against St. Louis in the Super Bowl? No one believed in Tom Brady when they were 13 point underdogs against the Greatest Show On Turf.

If you DVR'd any of Denver's last 2 playoff games... look at the play calling during the 2nd half. Look at Manning's throws. I just can't believe Kubiak won't step in and say look... here's what we're going to do if you can't do this. Not knocking Manning's intelligence... but he is about a second off to what his mind is telling his body what to do... and that's all a defense needs is an extra second to shut a play down.

Carolina's defense needs to play the poorest for Denver to have a shot to win. Several missing assignments.
    Osweiler was a trick. HE was put in to rest manning. thats it.