R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Thoughts on Raider potential move

Would love to see them stay in NoCal but honestly if that does not happen I'm warming up to the idea of San Antonio a bit. Thoughts on other alternatives

St Louis = absolutely no thank you place is a shithole bad market for football it's a Cardinal town and even though Raider Nation is thick nationwide still same state as a long time rival in KC only few hours away. From what I've read Davis wants no part of that market either thank god! Honestly why would anyone they've lost 2 teams in what about 25 years so give them another shot? I've also read where city officials honestly don't value having a Nfl franchise much and won't be much effort to assist bringing one in.

Los Angeles = love the city , lived there several years but let's get real folks. City has 2 MAJOR college teams and now you wanna bring in 2 Nfl teams to compete with that? L.A. also a bit plastic and fake overall so good luck bringing them in if you don't win 10+ games every year. Also a transient city where most have come from elsewhere and already have "their" team so again hard to gain a stronghold on a true fan base. And much like St Louis this team had 2 squads lost both and nobody in L.A. has been losing sleep since. Bol Dolts and Hams enjoy L.A. and if after 2 years you are not winning they won't show up in #'s you would like.

Give Raiders Nocal or San Antonio fine with me

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Was out in Napa recently Murph. My friend and his son think they stay put. I hope, because once again, I didn't go to the game. I was suffering from a bad knee I have had for 32 years. I got it replaced finally. Out of the cities to choose from, I favor San Antonio. It wouldn't bother me to see them move to Cleveland. lol My buddy made the comment, "Oakland is Cleveland west." I can see the comparison. I have a bucket list to see my Raiders in Oakland. It will happen this year for sure!

Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6645

San Antonio
    Would be a great fit
    They need an NFL Team

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Zinister good to hear from ya. Hope knee is mending well my boss had same operation last spring and healed up surprisingly fast ,hope yours is same! I've only been to Oakland once and sat in black hole it was a bucket list thing aside from from being a die hard I had to sit and "feel" where it all started. I'm old school and not for some of these "theme park" stadiums. Is what it is though it's 2016 and sports is ALL about $$ I realize this. Become the new status symbol for rich white owners I guess on "who's got the prettiest new stadium with most b.s. sideshow for sale Therefore we will continue with seeing strip mall stadiums with restaurants , lingerie shops, video gm rooms and the other b.s. incorporated which is truly sad.

You go to a gm to see a fukking gm , get drunk and tailgate period. It's supposed to be an escape from all the other b.s. in our lives and be rugged. I truly hope they play 1 mo at least in the coliseum if they do I will be there next season for 1 more and I suggest every Raider fan do the same. I always root for my Raiders it's in the blood but if they should move I hope it's for the best.

WIN LOSE OR TIE RAIDER NATION TILL WE DIE!!
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 01-23-16 at 11:48 PM.

birdman24
    birdman24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15432

Raiders ain't going anywhere. I'd rather share levi stadium than go to San Antonio.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Birdman if it were up to me the Raiders stay put in the coliseum. The A's get their own park giving us a our own field, they dump some $ into updating facility a bit and we shine on. Unfortunately it's up to very wealthy men with huge egos not practical ones.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

I sure hope they stay. They don't belong anywhere outside of California, and we don't need multiple teams in la.

birdman24

We won't get our stadium until we make the playoffs and start making some noise. Then nfl will be throwing money for a stadium. At least way more than 100 mil

...oh and we will make the playoffs next season.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

We fukking better Birdman! This season went as planned no sophomore setback for Carr I truly believe in him now. Got a great o-line overall, stud running back , and playmakers on offense. Front 7 on D very solid especially if Aldon stays clean and returns. Seriously another great off season and continued growth from our young superstars and anything south of 10 wins would be a failure. I wanna see playoffs next season, and "legit" contender in next couple years is my hope

POOLSIDE

Haha I love you guys. Giving me some hope for the Raiders. Of course, hope is a dangerous thing to have as a Raiders fan but it's better than the hopeless post-Gannon mess we've been stuck in. I think we could get the wild card next season. Maybe, and this is a huuuuuge maybe, win the division. I'd love either.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Hey Poolside most "youngsters" not meaning you don't realize up till decade past the Raiders were bar for excellence or at least mediocrity. I feel it like in late 90's this is legit and will stay several years if Carr stays on path and continues progression.

birdman24

The offense should be very potent next year. Just need an extra rb that can contribute with Ltrain. I'm excited to see what musgrave can do with this offense in his 2nd year. We had some pretty damn good numbers on offense. Despite the bad play calling second half of season. I would like to see more aggressive play calling to start games off with a lead. The Jets game for example. Could have easily been a playoff team this year with 4-5 losses by less than a td. We're still a young team though. I say focus on defense all free agency and draft and next season should be a playoff year no doubt. Especially with our easy schedule, plenty of money to spend and all our picks. Raiders are back and everybody knows it which makes it more enticing for free agents to come and play here as well.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah 2nd season with Musgrave is big let's HOPE Clive can be that next Miller or even better Christensen we need the bad ass te threat over middle in worst way to make this offense more complete!

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Hey Poolside most "youngsters" not meaning you don't realize up till decade past the Raiders were bar for excellence or at least mediocrity. I feel it like in late 90's this is legit and will stay several years if Carr stays on path and continues progression.
    I was born in '83 so didn't get to see most of it. Hoping this team can change that over the next 5-8 years. I really, really, reallllllly like Jack Del Rio. Can't say enough about him.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Well Pool I'm only about 6 on you so pretty much missed the main heyday myself. Wasn't referring to guys like us though born on the "fringe" at Raiders peak and actually know and appreciate what we speak of. But more so the football "fan" in general from today's younger /dumber crowd who despite all their technology literally at their fingertips simply too lazy or dumb to appreciate the past.

Prime example couple weeks back on the birdie some stupid fukking twat who is in such hurry to type before even doing simple 101 research gets on the net and just has to type congrats Cincy on blowing your 1st playoff win ever. This dumb ignorant ,uniformed waste of life gets couple thousand retweets and faves prior to me chiming in with facts. Lol I just HAD to respond you know they've been in 2 SB's right dumbass? Lol aww kids these days so dumb but cute, but not really.
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 01-24-16 at 04:29 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

The real down turn in Raider power was when New England got their dynasty started. The pump rule was the NFL's all time biggest fuocking. The league put the fuocks to Al for many years. He wasn't one of them! The future looks good for us fans. A few DB's and a stone cold killer at MLB will complete the team. GL this weekend!

birdman24

All I know is Raiders held Broncos offense to 0 td's this season. We right around the corner fellas..... I'm disgusted the Broncos are in the super bowl in our back yard tho. I can't wait to see them lose!

framero
    framero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2017

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Haha I love you guys. Giving me some hope for the Raiders. Of course, hope is a dangerous thing to have as a Raiders fan but it's better than the hopeless post-Gannon mess we've been stuck in. I think we could get the wild card next season. Maybe, and this is a huuuuuge maybe, win the division. I'd love either.
    My raiders brothers, wherever they go they still are going to b the RAIDARRSSS, and yes my hope is eternal lol

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Dream on Raider fans. Your organization is one of the worst in the NFL. Your team is nothing more than a bunch of "maybe" players. The Raiders have not had a winning season since 2002. That is the worst record in the NFL. Their fans are by far, the most illiterate, when it comes to football knowledge. Oakland is the Arsehole of California. For a bunch of wanna be tough guys, the Raiders get their arses handed to them on a regular basis, just like their fans do. I hope that they go anyplace other than L.A. Let the Bay area keep them. Snip their worthless arses to San Antonio or Las Vegas. The biggest problem that the Raiders have is that NO ONE other than some pathetic Raiders fans likes them, including the vast majority of the Owners, who will eventually decide what the Raiders can and cannot do.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Send them to London