Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Wait a minute, not a NE fan, objective analyzer here:

If you wanna take away last year's Brady "win" then why don't you also talk about how Gronk was horribly injured against the Giants last time OR that the Tyree play was clear holding and a heave? Gimme a break.

For those still talking about Brady vs. Peyton Manning it's embarrassing. Just look at Peyton's playoff performances and you'll puke they are so below average given how good he was otherwise. Like seriously putrid.

That's why it's hard to rank players by greatness according to their rings. It's all about the team. Brady could go 400 yds 4tds and they lose 37-31, because the defense sucks.

I don't know if I'd go as far as saying his playoff performances are putrid. They aren't great by any means...

What's your thoughts on Big Bens playoff performances?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

For me end of the day I just cannot who overlook Peytons night and day difference between legend in reg season and pretty awful in Jan. That and fact Brady and Pats have absolutely owned his teams heads up thru their careers. I'm not even counting rings yet

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post

That's why it's hard to rank players by greatness according to their rings. It's all about the team. Brady could go 400 yds 4tds and they lose 37-31, because the defense sucks.

I don't know if I'd go as far as saying his playoff performances are putrid. They aren't great by any means...

What's your thoughts on Big Bens playoff performances?
    Ted, Peyton's playoffs are bad. I said "given how good he was otherwise" which makes my statement very accurate. His only run to, and win of, the Super Bowl was when the D carried his bad offense. Seriously, look up that run, where they beat Rex Grossman and the Lovie Smith coached Bears in the SB, LOL

I just can't understand, and never have understood, on what basis anyone ever said Peyton was better than Brady.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Check out Brady's contract over his career as well. He delivers tremendous bang for the buck under the salary cap.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Now I'm curious.

Here it is, NFL career playoff GWDs:
    Brady: 9
    Elway: 6
    Montana/Eli: 5
    Bradshaw/Marino/Ben/RW: 4
    Fouts/Stabler/Brees/Warner: 3
    Flacco +18 other guys: 2
    Peyton/Luck/Rogers/Rivers/Romo/AlexSmith/MattRyan/RexGrossman +46 other guys: 1

Eli is certainly respectable, but Brady towers over everyone. Check out RW, not bad for such a young career.
    Great post----I never thought about that.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Someone needs to bump every Brady/Peyton thread from the last 10 years, it would be hilarious. I got this one.

First 12