POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Can we talk about something?

I know the Steelers/Bengals finish was absurd, a lot of media attention etc. But lost in all of that is what I'd like to discuss.

AJ McCarron did it. He won a playoff football game for the Cincinnati Bengals. I know the idiot defense literally gave it away, but that's not relevant to this discussion.

What I want to know is this. Do we have a quarterback controversy in Cincinnati? No one can believe that Dalton would have won that game. The guy doesn't have "it" in the big moment. This has been documented for years, not only in the playoffs but in regular season prime time as well.

What should the Bengals do?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Pump the brakes. McCarron is not better than Dalton.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    I know the Steelers/Bengals finish was absurd, a lot of media attention etc. But lost in all of that is what I'd like to discuss.

AJ McCarron did it. He won a playoff football game for the Cincinnati Bengals. I know the idiot defense literally gave it away, but that's not relevant to this discussion.

What I want to know is this. Do we have a quarterback controversy in Cincinnati? No one can believe that Dalton would have won that game. The guy doesn't have "it" in the big moment. This has been documented for years, not only in the playoffs but in regular season prime time as well.

Brother, they should wait until next year, like everybody else. Let's move on to this week's games, shall we. I mean no offense, but who at this moment in time gives a shit about the Bengals ????

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 192

no converse ... mccarron is the starter ...

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

haha chill out pool.. only controversy in cincinatti is the head coach position.. not the QB position. once andys thumb heals McCarron will go back to his normal role.. watching and observing..

slacker00

For Cincy, it's a good problem to have. 2 decent QBs that are capable of winning, leading the team, etc.

johnnyvegas13

dalton has never impressed me

hes always been like matt stafford and checks it down instead of going to aj green or megatron

mccarron knew how to use aj green and basically turned him into a top 5 wr again

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    dalton has never impressed me

hes always been like matt stafford and checks it down instead of going to aj green or megatron

mccarron knew how to use aj green and basically turned him into a top 5 wr again
    Again, you boys have many months to discuss this. LOL. Moving on.................

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    For Cincy, it's a good problem to have. 2 decent QBs that are capable of winning, leading the team, etc.
    McCarron is one. Who's the second one?

JayDr3am
    Handi

pool has it out for andy Dalton..

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    pool has it out for andy Dalton..
    Guy can't win a big game. Not sure what's to love. I don't care how consistently you make the playoffs. If you continually display an inability to compete when the spotlight is on you, why are you leading an nfl football team? These teams have such a short window. Cincy is good. They're very good. But their quarterback isn't going to win them a title. Time to give McCarron a shot. We know what we have with Dalton.

johnnyvegas13

guys dalton and rg3 done

mccarron and cousins now

JayDr3am
    Handi

Guy can't win a big game. Not sure what's to love. I don't care how consistently you make the playoffs. If you continually display an inability to compete when the spotlight is on you, why are you leading an nfl football team? These teams have such a short window. Cincy is good. They're very good. But their quarterback isn't going to win them a title. Time to give McCarron a shot. We know what we have with Dalton.
    how do you know he couldn't have won that game vs pittsburgh?? he didn't play?? you cant go off of his past and just expect he would've lost the game for them too.. that's just not right.. you gotta give him atleast that respect...

freestyle raw
    freestyle raw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

Aj all the way

POOLSIDE

how do you know he couldn't have won that game vs pittsburgh?? he didn't play?? you cant go off of his past and just expect he would've lost the game for them too.. that's just not right.. you gotta give him atleast that respect...
    Know? I don't know. What I do know is that he's had several chances, more than most quarterback will ever get in their careers, and he's done nothing. Zero playoff wins. Favored, underdog, home, away. He does not get the job done. Ability to come through in the clutch. That's a legitimate intangible. We know this by now. We get to see it regularly in sports like basketball. Robert Horry. Derek Fisher. These are non superstars but they have "it". There's an entire position devoted to it in baseball. Mariano Rivera had it. He thrived in high pressure situations. Brady has it. Big Ben has it. Eli even has it. Dalton does not. AJ had it in college, but that's college. We're never sure if that translates to the pros. AJ showed us on Saturday that he has it. You have to go wth that. All the regular season wins in the world mean nothing if you can't win a playoff game.

Remind me me the last time the Bengals won a playoff game?

JayDr3am
    Handi

Know? I don't know. What I do know is that he's had several chances, more than most quarterback will ever get in their careers, and he's done nothing. Zero playoff wins. Favored, underdog, home, away. He does not get the job done. Ability to come through in the clutch. That's a legitimate intangible. We know this by now. We get to see it regularly in sports like basketball. Robert Horry. Derek Fisher. These are non superstars but they have "it". There's an entire position devoted to it in baseball. Mariano Rivera had it. He thrived in high pressure situations. Brady has it. Big Ben has it. Eli even has it. Dalton does not. AJ had it in college, but that's college. We're never sure if that translates to the pros. AJ showed us on Saturday that he has it. You have to go wth that. All the regular season wins in the world mean nothing if you can't win a playoff game.

Remind me me the last time the Bengals won a playoff game?
    its been a while since he won a playoff game.. that's very true but i can with ease argue that andy would've won that game if he played..

POOLSIDE

its been a while since he won a playoff game.. that's very true but i can with ease argue that andy would've won that game if he played..
    Been a while? It's been an infinite amount of time because it has never happened. He has zero playoff wins.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Well Lewis doesn't have any therefore neither does Andy.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Been a while? It's been an infinite amount of time because it has never happened. He has zero playoff wins.
    LOL** well i can argue that andy would've won his 1st playoff game if he was in

POOLSIDE

LOL** well i can argue that andy would've won his 1st playoff game if he was in
    Absolutely. But you'd have a hard time convincing anyone outside of Bengals fans, and even then they'd likely be split. What we do know is that AJ did win them a game. Not his fault the running back coughed up the ball on a play that was pretty much a formality, or that his defensive players went haywire, or that a ref decided it was a good idea to penalize Pacman fifteen yards and effectively end a team's season for what really appeared to be nothing at all. These are things outside of his control. As for things in his control, he did throw what should have been the game winning pass late in a nip and tuck playoff game, something that we haven't seen from a Bengals quarterback since basically the 1980's. He also held his composure in a huge game with the whole football world watching, something we haven't seen from Dalton... ever.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Absolutely. But you'd have a hard time convincing anyone outside of Bengals fans, and even then they'd likely be split. What we do know is that AJ did win them a game. Not his fault the running back coughed up the ball on a play that was pretty much a formality, or that his defensive players went haywire, or that a ref decided it was a good idea to penalize Pacman fifteen yards and effectively end a team's season for what really appeared to be nothing at all. These are things outside of his control. As for things in his control, he did throw what should have been the game winning pass late in a nip and tuck playoff game, something that we haven't seen from a Bengals quarterback since basically the 1980's. He also held his composure in a huge game with the whole football world watching, something we haven't seen from Dalton... ever.
    but how well was he playing before he got injured?? fantastic.. the fact that they only lost by 2 with aj McCarron kinda makes me feel even more confident to say that andy would've won that game if he was 100%

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

The problem with cincy in big games is their approach and mentality. They are not aggressive enough. They play too conservative and play tight. I re-watched the game from sat and cincy had 0 creativity. They never threw the ball downfield until they were down 2 scores. Lewis thinks he can win these games by grinding it out and with his defense

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Maybe if he dyed his hair??? That ugly orange and those uniforms, they just clash. They scream "make over". LOL.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Dalton stays, he signed a six-year contract last year.
    He is what they need more than McCarron.
    McCarron has three years left on a very cheap contract
    which makes him VERY desirable in a trade.
    Cincy could get a lot for him.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Maybe if he dyed his hair??? That ugly orange and those uniforms, they just clash. They scream "make over". LOL.
    yeah I think pool just hates red heads.. this has nothing to do with his terrible playoff performances..

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post

POOLSIDE

yeah I think pool just hates red heads.. this has nothing to do with his terrible playoff performances..
    No way. Pale, freckled redhead girls are so sexy. One of my favorites.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JayDr3am

JayDr3am
    Handi

No way. Pale, freckled redhead girls are so sexy. One of my favorites.
    LOL you aint lyin.. ive dated a couple pale redheads.. sexy af
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

slacker00

This is what intrigues me. I wonder if they'd get some real interest or stand pat with a solid backup behind Dalton.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is the same B.S. logic that you losers use when you lose a game (which is very often) and blame it on a bad call. "We didn't lose. The Ref's took it away from us". BULL S**T. McCarron LOST the game. Cincinnati LOST the game. Don't give me this crap that the QB won the game and the rest of the team lost it. You excuse makers have got to go. Way too much Bull S**t from you clowns. You KNOW that Cincinnati has the worst playoff Head Coach of all time. 0-7. IF you want to win a playoff game, fire his worthless arse. Cincinnati got what it deserved. Their fans got what they deserved. As long as Lewis is there, they will get what they deserve, which is losses.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is the same B.S. logic that you losers use when you lose a game (which is very often) and blame it on a bad call. "We didn't lose. The Ref's took it away from us". BULL S**T. McCarron LOST the game. Cincinnati LOST the game. Don't give me this crap that the QB won the game and the rest of the team lost it. You excuse makers have got to go. Way too much Bull S**t from you clowns. You KNOW that Cincinnati has the worst playoff Head Coach of all time. 0-7. IF you want to win a playoff game, fire his worthless arse. Cincinnati got what it deserved. Their fans got what they deserved. As long as Lewis is there, they will get what they deserve, which is losses.
    No one is arguing against any of that. All I'm saying is that McCarron put them in a position to win a playoff game, which is more than can be said of Dalton ever. Not sure how that makes me a loser, but last time I checked I'm having a really good year in the nfl ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    This is what intrigues me. I wonder if they'd get some real interest or stand pat with a solid backup behind Dalton.
    Backups are a dime a dozen
    they can get more of what they need by shopping him

POOLSIDE

Backups are a dime a dozen
    they can get more of what they need by shopping him
    They could get even more by trading Dalton, and having way more cap space freed up.