t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    I can name 10 QBs in the league right now I would take over Cam.....Good year YES.....good QB no....It must be nice playing 5 of 6 games in the division against QBs not in the top 23 in total QBR....How many teams have the panthers beat that have a winning record as of today? I'll answer it for you.....fuking 2....Not only are they in a bad division they lucked out and played maybe the two other worst divisions in football in the AFC SOUTH AND NFC EAST.....You want to crown the Panthers go right ahead and I don't always agree with NOcoin....but he's right on here....Panthers have had a cake walk and Im not buying the shit either....15-0 is impressive don't get me wrong but 2 wins over teams with a winning record?.....lets not shoot our load just yet....Let Seattle get in and come to Carolina?...Carolina won't make it out the second round....Book it....

This moron. "10 quarterbacks over Cam." Lol you are so clueless.

Adults are speaking. Sit down and shut up son.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    This moron. "10 quarterbacks over Cam." Lol you are so clueless.

Adults are speaking. Sit down and shut up son.
    1) Brady
    2) Rodgers
    3) Manning
    4) Rivers
    5) Rothlisberger
    6) Romo
    7) Eli
    8) Brees
    9) Russell Wilson
    10) Flacco

All of them before Cam....Clueless? One good year against a shitbag schedule and you shoot your load....Your clueless......You figure out how to make a bet slip on Microsoft paint yet?

GT21Megatron

Outside of this year Cam has never sniffed being in the top 10 in QBR....he was fuking 26th last year for fuks sake.....finished below .500....lmao

t-wizzle

Newton has been the best quarterback in the NFL this year and you would take 10 guys over him. You're a fukking joke.

It's not 2008 anymore you dumb fukk.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

NFL.com had him ranked 11th coming into this year.

Sports Illustrated had him 16th.

I could go on and on and on. Until recently, you would never hear Cam Newton included in the upper echelon.

I don't mind discussing this with you but you can't just go on with your straw man arguments and expect to have a legitimate discussion.
    "Ranked" according to what? Cam's always been mentioned among the "upper echelon" because he's Cam Newton. Heisman Trophy. National championship. No. 1 overall pick in 2011. Statistically speaking, I absolutely agree that he's never lived up to the hype as a top-tier QB before this season. But nearly every NFL fan would still rank him in their top 5-7, before this year and certainly now. To say "no one has mentioned him among the top quarterbacks in the league" before this year is just stupid.

GT21Megatron

Newton has been the best quarterback in the NFL this year and you would take 10 guys over him. You're a fukking joke.

It's not 2008 anymore you dumb fukk.
    Hes not the best QB in the league you fuking retard.....What are you basing this off of? Being 15-0 against a shit schedule? Your an air betting babbling idiot who is a 20% capper trying to talk sports when your more clueless then bigdaddy....I listed them....Track records matter not one year against shit teams and beating two teams with winning records.....Same shit happened with the Cheifs 3-4 years ago and the Ravens walked the dog against them in the playoffs in KC....You don't know what the penetrate your talking about.

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    "Ranked" according to what? Cam's always been mentioned among the "upper echelon" because he's Cam Newton. Heisman Trophy. National championship. No. 1 overall pick in 2011. Statistically speaking, I absolutely agree that he's never lived up to the hype as a top-tier QB before this season. But nearly every NFL fan would still rank him in their top 5-7, before this year and certainly now. To say "no one has mentioned him among the top quarterbacks in the league" before this year is just stupid.
    Hes hasn't been mentioned nor should he be. He hasn't sniffed a top 10 QB since he's been in the league until now and now everyone is blowing him

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Bottom line: the time will come sooner rather than later to fade Carolina ATS against some bloated number in the playoffs. And it will cash.

t-wizzle

i literally just gave two examples of major websites ranking him outside the top 10.

That retard megaton guy even said he wouldn't put Cam in the top 10 RIGHT NOW.

The general consensus has always been Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Brees, Rivers, Romo, Wilson, Flacco, Eli, hell even Matt Ryan, etc etc. Cam was never considered a top 5-7 guy until the past month or so.

t-wizzle

GT21MegaIdiot put Peyton Manning as the 3rd best quarterback in the league. That alone should disqualify him from this conversation.

GT21Megatron

i literally just gave two examples of major websites ranking him outside the top 10.

The general consensus has always been Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Brees, Rivers, Romo, Wilson, Flacco, Eli, hell even Matt Ryan, etc etc. Cam was never considered a top 5-7 guy until the past month or so.
    Im still taking the others over him....he isn't a top 10 QB....period....Prove it consistently and he's been consistently mediocre at best....

GT21Megatron

GT21MegaIdiot put Peyton Manning as the 3rd best quarterback in the league. That alone should disqualify him from this conversation.
    I listed them with numbers not in the exact order you dipshit

t-wizzle

I listed them with numbers not in the exact order you dipshit
    You put numbers with each player dummy. You could have put him 10th and still been a dumbass.

Dismiss yourself from this thread before you risk further embarrassment.

GT21Megatron

You put numbers with each player dummy. You could have put him 10th and still been a dumbass.

Dismiss yourself from this thread before you risk further embarrassment.
    Cam Newton is the best QB in the league and I'm the dumbass?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

If you were talking about some run-of-the-mill QB, I would agree. But again, this is Cam Newton. National champion. No. 1 pick. Heisman Trophy. The fact that he's played for a solid team with a strong running game and defense the last few years and never done anything in the playoffs yet gets back to my initial point: he's fool's gold. I'm hoping this team is 16-0 at season's end.

t-wizzle

No Brady is the best. Followed by Rodgers and Roethlisberger. Then it's probably Cam. Watch the games fukkboy.

t-wizzle

If you were talking about some run-of-the-mill QB, I would agree. But again, this is Cam Newton. National champion. No. 1 pick. Heisman Trophy. The fact that he's played for a solid team with a strong running game and defense the last few years and never done anything in the playoffs yet gets back to my initial point: he's fool's gold. I'm hoping this team is 16-0 at season's end.
    Yea there were high expectations. He's what, 26? So he's just entering his prime now. Oh my god he hasn't won the super bowl yet!

You need to take a look at the big picture. He's in Year 3 of having a good team. And by good team, we're basically saying a good defense because he's got arguably the worst receiving corps in the league.

What's he's done this year has been nothing short of remarkable. He's going to more than likely win the MVP and rightfully so. Just give it up. You're a Cam hater. We get it.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I'm not sure what the hate is for Newton. You never see this guy beating up women or getting arrested. In fact, you never hear about him off the field and all he does on the field is have fun.

So why the hate?

The bottom line is that Carolina is very good and very capable of winning it all. I can see them losing to Arizona in the NFC title game or New England in the Super Bowl but that doesn't diminish the fact that they're really good.

It's not like they're lucking their way to 14-0.

Also, there are not 10 QBs better than Newton "right now". Right now Newton is your NFL MVP. Carolina could go 17-1 this year and be like 13-5 ATS. What would be so glorious about picking one of those loses???? My logic would be to back them and keep racking up wins until they lose.

t-wizzle

BigD gets it. Newton has been spectacular. It's not even like he's some game manager. The guy has played at an incredibly high level with shit on the outside.

40 touchdowns this year. I swear some of you guys don't even watch the games. Newton has made great play after great play. Who gives a fukk if he's cocky. Oh no he can't dare have fun playing football. Lighten up.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I'm not sure what the hate is for Newton. You never see this guy beating up women or getting arrested. In fact, you never hear about him off the field and all he does on the field is have fun.

So why the hate?

The bottom line is that Carolina is very good and very capable of winning it all. I can see them losing to Arizona in the NFC title game or New England in the Super Bowl but that doesn't diminish the fact that they're really good.

It's not like they're lucking their way to 14-0.

Also, there are not 10 QBs better than Newton "right now". Right now Newton is your NFL MVP. Carolina could go 17-1 this year and be like 13-5 ATS. What would be so glorious about picking one of those loses???? My logic would be to back them and keep racking up wins until they lose.
    I don't "hate" Cam at all. I just think he's incredibly overrated, and so is this team.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I can name 10 QBs in the league right now I would take over Cam.....Good year YES.....good QB no....It must be nice playing 5 of 6 games in the division against QBs not in the top 23 in total QBR....How many teams have the panthers beat that have a winning record as of today? I'll answer it for you.....fuking 2....Not only are they in a bad division they lucked out and played maybe the two other worst divisions in football in the AFC SOUTH AND NFC EAST.....You want to crown the Panthers go right ahead and I don't always agree with NOcoin....but he's right on here....Panthers have had a cake walk and Im not buying the shit either....15-0 is impressive don't get me wrong but 2 wins over teams with a winning record?.....lets not shoot our load just yet....Let Seattle get in and come to Carolina?...Carolina won't make it out the second round....Book it....
    That means nothing, its a parity league where pretty much any team can beat another on a given day, most if not every team in the league has a similar record with 2 or 3 wins over teams that have winning records, they dont make the schedules.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    That means nothing, its a parity league where pretty much any team can beat another on a given day, most if not every team in the league has a similar record with 2 or 3 wins over teams that have winning records, they dont make the schedules.
    Not to mention they won in Seattle and basically dismantled the Packers (game got close at the end but it was a blowout mostly).

jtoler

1) Brady
    2) Rodgers
    3) Manning
    4) Rivers
    5) Rothlisberger
    6) Romo
    7) Eli
    8) Brees
    9) Russell Wilson
    10) Flacco

All of them before Cam....Clueless? One good year against a shitbag schedule and you shoot your load....Your clueless......You figure out how to make a bet slip on Microsoft paint yet?
    Funny Cam has played half of those qbs this year and beat them, Brees twice. And in just all of those games Panthers were up 17+ at one point.

t-wizzle

Funny Cam has played half of those qbs this year and beat them, Brees twice. And in just all of those games Panthers were up 17+ at one point.

That list is an abortion. It's good for a few laughs though.

briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3395

Cam will show the world he truly is an NFL superstar this season. 19-0 is a possibility. Ever since his pickup truck accident, mentally he's been lights out. With his arm, athleticism, and now football IQ, there is no ceiling.

jtoler

Roethlisberger 3 wins over teams with winning records.
    Brady 2 wins over teams with winning records.
    Wilson 2 wins over teams with winning records.
    Rodgers 3 wins over teams with winning records.

Only 11 teams out of 30 with winning records so opportunity has to present itself first, besides just because those teams dont have a winning record now, they could have had a winning record when you played them, still a pretty meaningless thing to go by in this league if you ask me.
    Last edited by jtoler; 12-21-15 at 08:58 PM.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Let's not forget Cam's top wide receivers are fukking stone hands Ginn, philly brown, and cotchery. I've never been a fan of newton but he's easily your MVP IMO

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Let's not forget Cam's top wide receivers are fukking stone hands Ginn, philly brown, and cotchery. I've never been a fan of newton but he's easily your MVP IMO
    Exactly. I was never a fan of him either but you can't really dispute what he is doing.

The guy is young and is turning into a really good NFL QB in like his 4th or 5th year in the league. That's typically about the time good QBs turn into star players in the league since it takes a few years for the game to slow down.

I'm actually kind of liking the fact that people still aren't giving Carolina credit. They may have the best defense in the NFL and they have this year's MVP at QB. I might just ride them all the way to the Super Bowl....although I really like Arizona.

I think the final four teams will be Pitt/New England and Arizona/Carolina. That might all depend on matchups but I think those are the four best teams.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

If you're starting a franchise right now and don't consider Cam first overall, you're lost

Has been a good player throughout his career with flashes of greatness but he has now hit the point of greatness as he enters his prime

I would easily take him first....Luck would be my only other consideration but he has been banged up to hell every single season due to moronic Indy management

GT21Megatron

Thats a lie. Luke Mcgown played the first game. Get your shit straight

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    If you're starting a franchise right now and don't consider Cam first overall, you're lost

Has been a good player throughout his career with flashes of greatness but he has now hit the point of greatness as he enters his prime

I would easily take him first....Luck would be my only other consideration but he has been banged up to hell every single season due to moronic Indy management
    well your an idiot....he hasn't been in the top 10 of any major passing categories until this year. The only one lost is you

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

Outside of this year Cam has never sniffed being in the top 10 in QBR....he was fuking 26th last year for fuks sake.....finished below .500....lmao
    Tom Brady is 13th in QBR......Cam must be great then

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

1) Brady
    2) Rodgers
    3) Manning
    4) Rivers
    5) Rothlisberger
    6) Romo
    7) Eli
    8) Brees
    9) Russell Wilson
    10) Flacco

Wow....have you actually watched any football this year?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Can't wait.

You really are a headcase. There will not be a "right time". If there is, you sure as hell will not know what time that is. Stop trying to make us believe that you know what you are talking about. We have seen your record and it is not worth writing home about.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Don't know about Cam Newton being the best QB, but you certainly are a dumbass. One of the biggest in here. How may times have I told you that you do not know caca and been proven right? Go back to your hopeless Ga. Tech team, which was almost as big a dumbass this season as you were. Now shut the f**k up and leave, you moron.

First 123456 ... Last