000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1356

NFL Carolina Panthers @ Dallas Cowboys

NFL Carolina Panthers @ Dallas Cowboys

I do kind of feel that my hands are tied over the Panthers, we keep betting them, they win comfortably every week and next time out the oddsmakers underestimate them yet again and the cycle starts again. They saw off the Redskins inside two quarters with four first half touchdown passes from Cam Newton who is having the time of his life, he was miked up for the game and just doesn't know the meaning of the word pressure and is simply enjoying himself. The big passes would have made most highlight packages, but the plays where he and the Carolina coaching staff were continually drawing the Redskins offside were no less impressive.

Today they have to travel to play the Cowboys on a short week and for once, Newton probably will not be the most talked about quarterback in this game, with Tony Romo having made his return for Dallas last week, during his two months on the sidelines the Cowboys went 0-7, when Romo plays they are 3-0 and they got straight back on track versus Miami last Sunday in a 24-14 victory. It kind of feels like the entire organisation has been waiting for him to get suited up and the team were clearly boosted by his return, but NFL football is not quite that simple and Romo or not, only two of the Cowboys last ten regular season wins have come against a team with a winning record and they are going to be asked some serious questions today.

Newton will not like the focus being on his counterpart, but will love the huge television audience and the stage is set for another virtuoso performance.

Carolina Panthers + 1 point 1.98 Pinnacle Sports/Vegas Line/Sportmarket Pro.

KSmooth4U
    KSmooth4U's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2137

Only 1 of the Panthers last 10 regular season wins have come against a team with a winning record...

yankees10
    yankees10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by KSmooth4U View Post
    Only 1 of the Panthers last 10 regular season wins have come against a team with a winning record...
    And this is why they have the 9th ranked defense

Chum Slam
    Chum Slam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3275

And so do the cowboys, panthers it is!

BELM0NT
    BELM0NT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Seems like a turkey day gift to get panthers so low on spread, good luck everyone

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

I'm pretty sure this is not right. Both the packers and colts had winning records. I went back to last year (excluding playoffs) and only 2 of their last 14 regular season wins come against teams with a winning record

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

panthers betters dont realize they are the sucker in the room.

yeah free money indeed, keep believing that

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    panthers betters dont realize they are the sucker in the room.

yeah free money indeed, keep believing that
    I'm not sure who I'm taking, but in all fairness I don't look at the Panthers as a sucker bet. I mean yea, it is a sucker line for sure. But, you're getting a line with the much better team against a team that is awful (even with Romo), has locker room issues, and is undisciplined. Not the worst bet. I do see what you mean though

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Dallas beat the Phins last week < this is what they call a huge overreaction .... Carolina by 10 even traveling on a short week
    Points Awarded:

Bbfromgpt gave House 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bigh2001
    Bigh2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

Any chance that dallas might come out more inspired in this game ended when vegas made carolina an underdog. You will see the panthers prove a point to the country today. They are the best team in the NFL.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Bbfromgpt View Post
    I'm not sure who I'm taking, but in all fairness I don't look at the Panthers as a sucker bet. I mean yea, it is a sucker line for sure. But, you're getting a line with the much better team against a team that is awful (even with Romo), has locker room issues, and is undisciplined. Not the worst bet. I do see what you mean though
    i respectfully disagree with that. better record sure, better team? not so much imo. dal improved the talent on their d from last season, only real loss was murry and i just dont believe he a difference maker. imo dal was prob the best team in the nfc last season and were a terrible call from beating the pack and getting another game with sea who they dominated in reg season... no disrespect to panthers, im not one of the ppl that been fading them left and right, i liked them last season and still do. they legit contenders but fact of the matter is if romo hadnt went down this would be a battle of 2 division leaders and boys would be laying at least 3. all the value on the 3-7 team as favs imo..

KSmooth4U
    KSmooth4U's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2137

Colts were 3-4 when they played Carolina and only 5-5 now... GB is the only team with a winning record that they have beaten this year...

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i respectfully disagree with that. better record sure, better team? not so much imo. dal improved the talent on their d from last season, only real loss was murry and i just dont believe he a difference maker. imo dal was prob the best team in the nfc last season and were a terrible call from beating the pack and getting another game with sea who they dominated in reg season... no disrespect to panthers, im not one of the ppl that been fading them left and right, i liked them last season and still do. they legit contenders but fact of the matter is if romo hadnt went down this would be a battle of 2 division leaders and boys would be laying at least 3. all the value on the 3-7 team as favs imo..

I had Dallas finishing with a one game lead over the Giants before the season started at 9-7 at best. Dallas did get screwed against the Pack after the Lions got screwed for the Cowboys to advance. They win 2-3 more games without romo if Murray was running in that scheme behind that line. Just my opinion, which of course could be dead wrong.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

Colts were 3-4 when they played Carolina and only 5-5 now... GB is the only team with a winning record that they have beaten this year...
    You're right bud, my apologies

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

Definitely the better team. Much better! Not very often Vegas gives free money

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Definitely the better team. Much better! Not very often Vegas gives free money
    The sad part is I was so baffled by the line I passed on a huge gift