EdV38
    EdV38's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2172

If you got Lions +1 what would you do?

As soon as the lines came out I took Lions +1 for a fairly large bet. Now that it's swung the other way, I'm thinking about taking the Eagles ML to walk away from the game with a little bit of money and a small chance of a tie or Eagles win by 1. Detroit has all the momentum coming into the game but I would trust both teams about as far as I can throw them.

What would you do? Walk away with a little bit of cash guaranteed or ride with Detroit +1?

Chum Slam
    Chum Slam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3275

Depends how mucheap it means to you. But I always hedge.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Maybe 10 years ago I made a similar mistake and the line moved the wrong way. I must have added an extra zero to my bet and only realized after it was booked. By the time I realized, the line moved 1 point the wrong way. I hedged it out, eating the point and sweated my ass off hoping not to get middled. It was a serious sweat but survived and only ate the juice. Mistakes happen, hedge out and eat the loss, live to bet another day.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

ride it out.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Maybe 10 years ago I made a similar mistake and the line moved the wrong way. I must have added an extra zero to my bet and only realized after it was booked. By the time I realized, the line moved 1 point the wrong way. I hedged it out, eating the point and sweated my ass off hoping not to get middled. It was a serious sweat but survived and only ate the juice. Mistakes happen, hedge out and eat the loss, live to bet another day.
    He didn't make a mistake. You misunderstood his post.

To to answer the original poster, why the money line? Take Philly +2.5 and you've got four full points that all pay you. Worst case you lose the juice on one of the bets.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    He didn't make a mistake. You misunderstood his post.

To to answer the original poster, why the money line? Take Philly +2.5 and you've got four full points that all pay you. Worst case you lose the juice on one of the bets.
    Sounded like he over-bet and now needs to buy back? Otherwise what's the problem? Please explain.

Is he trying to set up a middle or something. I guess I misunderstood that, if that's what he's shooting at...

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

take out the tampon and man up
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JayDr3am, and Ebe

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    take out the tampon and man up

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Sounded like he over-bet and now needs to buy back? Otherwise what's the problem? Please explain.

Is he trying to set up a middle or something. I guess I misunderstood that, if that's what he's shooting at...
    He put a large bet (on purpose) on Detroit at +1. The line has since moved to Detroit -2.5. This puts him in a position where he can bet slightly less money on the Philly money line and split the slight profit either way no matter what happens. And if Philly wins by one point, he pushes his Detroit bet and wins the Philly bet. Or if the game ends in a tie, he'll push the Philly bet and win Detroit. No matter what, he'll profit somewhere in the range of 7.5% of whatever his initial bet on Detroit was for.

He's asking if he should take the bird in the hand here. I personally think he should, but that's only because I think Philly is the right side tomorrow. Ultimately the decision comes down to whether he loves his Detroit bet or not. The tiny money he's guaranteed wouldn't normally be enough to sway him, assuming he still loved the Lions bet. Obviously he's having second thoughts, and I don't blame him.

JayDr3am
    Handi

He put a large bet (on purpose) on Detroit at +1. The line has since moved to Detroit -2.5. This puts him in a position where he can bet slightly less money on the Philly money line and split the slight profit either way no matter what happens. And if Philly wins by one point, he pushes his Detroit bet and wins the Philly bet. Or if the game ends in a tie, he'll push the Philly bet and win Detroit. No matter what, he'll profit somewhere in the range of 7.5% of whatever his initial bet on Detroit was for.

He's asking if he should take the bird in the hand here. I personally think he should, but that's only because I think Philly is the right side tomorrow. Ultimately the decision comes down to whether he loves his Detroit bet or not. The tiny money he's guaranteed wouldn't normally be enough to sway him, assuming he still loved the Lions bet. Obviously he's having second thoughts, and I don't blame him.
    if theres any game to hedge tomorrow its this one. which I will prolly do. just to have a guaranteed return.

slacker00

So, if he likes Detroit he should stick with Detroit. If he's getting cold feet and wants out, he's got a parachute.

GmenYanksNJ
    GmenYanksNJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 413

Wait until half or live bet.....might get a pretty good number to hit both bets

EdV38
    EdV38's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2172

Thanks for the comments....with the Eagles up to +125 I kept my tampon in and went with the Eagles ML and offset some of that with the Lions TT over 24.5. Now I hope the Eagles win by one point and it's a shootout