aston
    aston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3658

Cardinals -6.5 vs rams (why is the fourm not making this a *lock* play?)

The Cardinals are easily the most underrated 3-0 team in the NFL. Sure, they haven’t really played any tough opponents in the Saints, Bears and 49ers, but good teams win games they are supposed to win. Arizona has done that with ease, blowing out San Francisco last week and doing the same to Chicago on the road the week before. People underestimate how much Carson Palmer means to this team. The Cardinals have won 16 of the last 18 games he has started. Are the Rams — a team that lost at home to the Steelers last weekend after Ben Roethlisberger left with an injury — going to stop him from making it 17 out of 19? I doubt it, and 6.5 points doesn’t sound like much to lay.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

It's definitely a square play... that doesn't mean it won't hit, but it has all the hallmarks of a typical SBR "lock."

To play devil's advocate, I would say that, as you mentioned, Arizona's slate thus far has been cupcake city. They haven't really been threatened, although the Saints were competitive for the better part of that game. A late dump pass to David Johnson padded the final margin for the Cards. As for the other two, the Bears are a mess, and aided the Cards with a couple of defensive/special teams scores, as did the 49ers.

The point here is that nobody has even remotely played a clean game versus Arizona, outside of maybe the opener. That's to the Cardinals credit, but you can expect some degree of regression at some point. Nobody brings their "A" game every single week.

The fact that the Rams are a divisional opponent means Coach Fischer should have a viable gameplan... whether they are able to execute it or not is another story, but they do boast the best defensive line, by far, that Arizona has seen this year. If they can pressure Palmer and keep the game low scoring, they'll have a chance to cover. The Cardinals have shown occasional lapses in their protection up front, both last year, and in the preseason this year, and that's a vulnerability St. Louis can exploit.

Offensively, if Foles can avoid turnovers, and move the chains enough to eat some clock and put points on the board here and there, it could be a competitive contest. I'm not brave enough to side with the Rams here, but I'm also aware of the fact that the Cards aren't invincible and could come down to earth a little bit, given the test they'll get in the trenches. That being said, it's a pass for me.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 10-02-15 at 09:31 PM.

aston

WHY LAS VEGAS GIVES NO RESPECT TO ARIZONA CARDIANLS HAVE NO CLUE.??

goldust
    goldust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

St. Louis can rush Palmer effectively, and the Cardinals' other opponents had no chance in that regard. There's a good enough chance of that happening most of the game that Cardinals -7 is too steep. It's hard to see the Rams winning outright, though.

ByAnYMe9n$
    ByAnYMe9n$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 803

Cards -6 1/2 cash it

scratbandit
    scratbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

St louis covers..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sherfire

aston

STILL SURPRISED THIS LINE HAS NOT MOVED?? WHAT DOES THE BOOKS DOING WITH THIS GAME AND KEEPING THE LINE -6.5 CARDINALS...

Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6645

Rams need this one in a big way
    cards might have shot their LOAD

aston

I think REVENGE WILL BE ON PALMERS MIND THIS GAME from last season.

I STILL THINK THE CARDINALS WILL BE ABLE TO RUN ON THE RAMS .. WHICH WILL MAKE PASSING EASY

Jowframs

Let down game for the Cards

ByAnYMe9n$

How do the Rams cover they could barely score on the Stealers please I want to know how the Rans cover let alone keep up with the birds?

Jowframs

This is the National Fixed League
    Pick your Spots

ByAnYMe9n$

Quote Originally Posted by Jowframs View Post
    Let down game for the Cards
    Being a Divsion Rival you dont let down you put the foot on the pedal

Jowframs

Quote Originally Posted by ByAnYMe9n$ View Post
    Being a Divsion Rival you dont let down you put the foot on the pedal
    what I meant is I believe they will come out flat in this game
    in Divisional Rival Games,I will take the points all day
    win some,lose some

ByAnYMe9n$

what I meant is I believe they will come out flat in this game
    in Divisional Rival Games,I will take the points all day
    win some,lose some
    You take the points last week with the niners also?

Jowframs

Nope
    No coach,no players,from last year
    usually any team that host the Super Bowl doesn't do well
    Super Bowl is in San Fran this year

aston

cardinals at home with all the offense weapons on hand and the Rams below average offense equal to me 10 to 14 point win for the birds

Jowframs

This will be a Defensive War

TheKLB
    TheKLB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

Nope
    No coach,no players,from last year
    usually any team that host the Super Bowl doesn't do well
    Super Bowl is in San Fran this year
    Its not really something worth betting on. Over the last 10 years, teams usually finish around .500.
    2014 Season
    Cardinals 11-5, playoffs

2013 Season
    Giants 7-9. Jets 8-8

2012 Season
    Saints 7-9 (fallout from Bountygate)

2011 Season
    Colts 2-14 (purposely tanked the season to get Luck)

2010 Season
    Cowboys 6-10

2009 Season
    Dolphins 7-9

2008 Season
    Buccs 9-7, playoffs

2007 Season
    Cardinals 8-8

2006 Season
    Dolphins 6-10

2005 Season
    Lions 6-10

It should also be noted that 37 of 49 (76%) of the Super Bowls have been hosted in only 6 geological areas.

aston

Everyone seems to think this is going to be the toughest test for the 3-0 Cardinals, who have been absolutely rolling offensively. However, how will the Rams score? Larry Fitzgerald alone has more touchdowns than St. Louis. Cardinals in a big win. Cardinals -6.5.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

Rams cover. Toughest test for cards. I really think foles will play well and that rams defense. Going ti be close.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

AZ has been money this season thus far, however I am not comfortable with giving the Rams 7 points here. If Ram defense steps it up tomorrow I think they cover, and have a decent shot to pull the upset. Everyone seems to be heavy on AZ..

I've got a small bet on Rams ML and with +7.5

If I wanted to play AZ, I would throw them on a teaser.
    Last edited by WWCD; 10-03-15 at 10:33 PM.

Sherfire
    Sherfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Rams will cover in this game. Carson Palmer is going to get beat up and keep it a low scoring affair.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

No bet for me.
    The Rams blitzing will put pressure on Palmer.
    Not sure if the Cardinals O line can defend against it well or not.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Coach Jeff Fischer this and coach Jeff Fischer that. He hasn't proven anything with these Rams. Every week it's high expectations for the Rams and they usually don't deliver and people still say how good they are. They are not a good team and Arizona will blow them out if they show up. ONly reason they didn't win the division last year is Carson being injured and you know it. Betting Arizona is not square it is more sharp than square. Common people wake up! Stop betting on teams that you THINK are on the rise and have been sucking for years. Rams have cost me more money than I can count, and now you expect me to believe it is going to turn around this week, forget it! I am done with this team and they CAN MARCH THEIR STINKY BUTTS OUT OF ST. LOUIS. Jeff fischer whoopdie freaking doo!
    Last edited by Barnes & Whine; 10-04-15 at 01:32 AM.

red12sox
    red12sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Tease cardinals and packers

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by ByAnYMe9n$ View Post
    How do the Rams cover they could barely score on the Stealers please I want to know how the Rans cover let alone keep up with the birds?
    No problem scoring on the Hawks though, so what does that tell you.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Rams are tough up front on defense, but their secondary is poop. Cards fly early and often with Fitzgerald in the slot. Rams defense gets gauged for a BIG Loss.

aston

BUMPING THIS THREAD FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE CHASING.. THE CARDINALS WILL WIN AND COVER THE SPREAD -6.5
    The St. Louis Rams and Arizona Cardinals square off late Sunday at U of Phoenix Stadium.
    The St. Louis Rams hope to get back to a .500 record by winning their first road game. Nick Foles is completing 62.1 percent of his passes for 644 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. Foles has a touchdown pass in eight of his last 10 games. Kenny Britt and Jared Cook have combined for 322 receiving yards and one touchdown while Benjamin Cunningham has 10 receptions. The St. Louis Rams ground game is averaging 71.3 yards per contest, and Cunningham leads the way with 57 yards on 18 carries. Defensively, St. Louis is allowing 22.3 points and 325 yards per game. Alec Ogletree leads the Rams with 32 tackles, Aaron Donald has 3.5 sacks and Trumaine Johnson has three pass deflections

The Arizona Cardinals look to remain undefeated when they play their third home game. Carson Palmer is completing 63.6 percent of his passes for 803 yards, nine touchdowns and two interceptions. Palmer has two or more touchdown pass in nine of his last 10 games. Larry Fitzgerald and John Brown have combined for 486 receiving yards and six touchdowns while Darren Fells has five receptions. The Arizona Cardinals ground game is averaging 124.7 yards per contest, and Chris Johnson leads the way with 219 yards and two touchdowns. Defensively, Arizona is allowing 16.3 points and 299.7 yards per game. Kevin Minter leads the Cardinals with 19 tackles, Alex Okafor has two sacks and Tyrann Mathieu has five pass deflections. Andre Ellington and Mike Iupati are questionable.
    The Cardinals may actually be the best team in the NFL just three games in, as they're clicking on both sides of the ball and have blown each game out of the water. It may be time to say that the Cards are for real. The Rams have a great defense, but an offense that's still trying to figure things out and has combined for just 16 points in the last two games.
    I'll take Arizona at home by 10 POINTS

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    No bet for me.
    The Rams blitzing will put pressure on Palmer.
    Not sure if the Cardinals O line can defend against it well or not.
    Yep, Palmer was sacked 4 times.

Jowframs

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes & Whine View Post
    Coach Jeff Fischer this and coach Jeff Fischer that. He hasn't proven anything with these Rams. Every week it's high expectations for the Rams and they usually don't deliver and people still say how good they are. They are not a good team and Arizona will blow them out if they show up. ONly reason they didn't win the division last year is Carson being injured and you know it. Betting Arizona is not square it is more sharp than square. Common people wake up! Stop betting on teams that you THINK are on the rise and have been sucking for years. Rams have cost me more money than I can count, and now you expect me to believe it is going to turn around this week, forget it! I am done with this team and they CAN MARCH THEIR STINKY BUTTS OUT OF ST. LOUIS. Jeff fischer whoopdie freaking doo!
    Uhhhh Ok