POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

0-2 teams at home in week three

Anyone have ats records over the last five/ten years for this particular stat? We've got five games fitting this description this week.

I'd also love to see the same info for away teams, as there are four of those.

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Anyone have ats records over the last five/ten years for this particular stat? We've got five games fitting this description this week.

So teams with entire new rosters of players and coaches from 5 to 10 years ago are going to adhere to form? Quite a leap of faith don't you think?

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    So teams with entire new rosters of players and coaches from 5 to 10 years ago are going to adhere to form? Quite a leap of faith don't you think?
    This is an idiotic reply, but I'll entertain it with a response as long as my dinner doesn't get served before I'm done typing.

I want to know the against the spread record of 0-2 home teams in week three. These numbers could potentially show a number of things. The public undervaluing/writing off the 0-2 teams, the 0-2 teams manning up and getting that much needed win (or at least keeping it close enough to cover in the event they're a dog), or the flip side of that coin which is that bettors believe they'll win because they have to, or because they're due.

I didn't ask for specific team records. I don't give a sh!t how the Detroit Lions specifically have done in this spot over the last five/ten years. I want to know how teams in general have fared in this spot. If you don't understand the interest in this information, that's fine.

Side note. I spent the morning interviewing an 83 year old Jewish man who snuck out of his ghetto the night before the rest of his family and friends were shipped off to the gas chambers at Auschwitz. He hid in the bushes and watched them loaded up. He was ten years old and survived the winter in the snow scavenging for food. He spent the next three years bouncing around from farm to farm working for food and a barn to sleep in while posing as a Catholic boy and dodging the Nazis.

Nice avatar, tough guy. Real cool.
    Points Awarded:

2daBank gave POOLSIDE 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 2daBank, Ebumdude, CrimsonTideFan, and dataz722

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

This is an idiotic reply, but I'll entertain it with a response as long as my dinner doesn't get served before I'm done typing.

I want to know the against the spread record of 0-2 home teams in week three. These numbers could potentially show a number of things. The public undervaluing/writing off the 0-2 teams, the 0-2 teams manning up and getting that much needed win (or at least keeping it close enough to cover in the event they're a dog), or the flip side of that coin which is that bettors believe they'll win because they have to, or because they're due.

I didn't ask for specific team records. I don't give a sh!t how the Detroit Lions specifically have done in this spot over the last five/ten years. I want to know how teams in general have fared in this spot. If you don't understand the interest in this information, that's fine.

Side note. I spent the morning interviewing an 83 year old Jewish man who snuck out of his ghetto the night before the rest of his family and friends were shipped off to the gas chambers at Auschwitz. He hid in the bushes and watched them loaded up. He was ten years old and survived the winter in the snow scavenging for food. He spent the next three years bouncing around from farm to farm working for food and a barn to sleep in while posing as a Catholic boy and dodging the Nazis.

my dude, great replay to a lowlife sack of shit who clearly to short sighted to realize what you asking and why it important. wish i had the stat for you but i dont, i know teams that havnt covered ats off a bye are incredibly strong plays but not sure on this. ive actually already went against 1 with nyg as their perception isnt that low based off name and fact they "could have" won both games, id argue they are actually being overvalued based off fact ppl think they cant go 0-3..
    Points Awarded:

POOLSIDE gave 2daBank 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    my dude, great replay to a lowlife sack of shit who clearly to short sighted to realize what you asking and why it important. wish i had the stat for you but i dont, i know teams that havnt covered ats off a bye are incredibly strong plays but not sure on this. ive actually already went against 1 with nyg as their perception isnt that low based off name and fact they "could have" won both games, id argue they are actually being overvalued based off fact ppl think they cant go 0-3..
    Thanks Banker, appreciate that. Yeah I'm a little torn on this one. Baltimore initially sounded like a good play to me, but I realized I might be giving them too much credit. They could just suck. Those AFC North games are often close, might have to take the points there. Feels like 20-17 someone. Giants I'm not sure what to think, but blindly taking the dog in NFC East games has been money in recent years. Houston I would take in a heartbeat if Hoyer was starting, but Mallett is a bum. I lost money on him last week and can't see myself risking a repeat of that. Guy couldn't hit a receiver more than a third of the time. Seattle spread is too high to bet. I couldn't touch Clausen and the Bears in the Clink even at +21.5 but 15 is a lot to win by for a Seattle team that might just be not that good on both sides of the ball. I'm a Lakers fan and this looks and feels similar to when Shaq and Kobe just lost the magic. Really no other way to put it. That leaves Detroit in their home opener hosting a Denver team who hasn't convinced anyone of anything. There could be value there, but the way they've looked ever since Stafford got popped hard in week one, yikes.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

I don't think you're theory is too far fetched, I think alot of it depends on the veteran leadership especially who is at qb.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by imadegen View Post
    I don't think you're theory is too far fetched, I think alot of it depends on the veteran leadership especially who is at qb.
    Qb is definitely something that should always be taken into account. Hopefully one of the stat wizards will bail me out here with some hard numbers.

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

There are some tough match ups for some of these teams. I'd say probably Seattle is the only lock to win? ...then I'd maybe lean towards Broncos with Payton in a dome. Stafford sucks.

griffey_mojo
    griffey_mojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9723

ALL Teams that are 0-2 and home in week 3 ....

2014 they were 2-1 against the spread

2013 1-3 ATS

2012 2-2

2011 4-1

2010 2-1

Nothing great pops up if they were faves or dogs

Conclusion: Should not be a factor in handying week 3

-Griff
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

Isaiah

"Trends" are worthless but if they make you lemmings feel good about yourself as a "handicappers" I guess they serve a purpose.

And the nonsense you spew about gas chambers at Auschwitz is a fable. Even the Jews have backed off on that propaganda since renown historian David Irving proved the gas chambers on display at Auschwitz were built in 1948 well after WWII ended. Auschwitz is
    a tourist attraction created by the Communist government of Poland and continued by subsequent governments as it is a cash cow. Exploitation of the "holocaust" myth is the gift that keeps on giving.

Educate yourself and read HITLER'S WAR by David Irving and learn the real history of World War 2. It is an objective history that used primary sources and documents instead of relying on anecdotal "evidence" made up by politically motivated individuals with agendas.
    Yes atrocities were committed against the Jews by the Germans just as atrocities were committed by the Allies against innocent German
    civilians. Ever heard of Dresden? How about Pforzheim? 27,000 German women and children died as a result of the fire bombing of the latter. Even more died at Dresden when the war was essentially over and the city was completely defenseless.

Lastly, get a new hobby because you are an absolutely horrible sports "handicapper". Nothing personal but you are what you are.

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by griffey_mojo View Post
    ALL Teams that are 0-2 and home in week 3 ....

2014 they were 2-1 against the spread

2013 1-3 ATS

2012 2-2

2011 4-1

2010 2-1

Nothing great pops up if they were faves or dogs

Conclusion: Should not be a factor in handying week 3

-Griff
    Yeah that's what I meant. The OP is obviously clown shoes. What a fool's errand.

freestyle raw
    freestyle raw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

Yeah that's what I meant. The OP is obviously clown shoes. What a fool's errand.
    9-11 was an inside job too huh.

Get a new AV asap

That's just awful

Op I like the idea too bad inconclusive

Isaiah

WWWBUKTN
    Update your status
    WWWBUKTN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1351

I'm Jewish and you're just too stupid to bother hating.
    Points Awarded:

POOLSIDE gave WWWBUKTN 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by WWWBUKTN View Post

I'm Jewish and you're just too stupid to bother hating.
    Oy Veh!!! Typical lame and expected response from schmucks who can't refute the truths contained in the film so they attack the messenger. I've nothing against Jews who have many admirable accomplishments. I am only interested in truth not made up lies from
    an ethnic group with an agenda.

However I do dislike Zionists who are largely responsible for the ongoing genocide taking place in the Middle East. Their insanity will ultimately lead to another World War with nuclear weapons being used. Nobody wins and the world loses when that happens. If that makes me a bad person so be it.

Isaiah

I will give you credit for one thing though. You were too lazy to research your own genius angle so you convinced someone else to
    waste their time instead of yours running your fool's errand. Clever.

POOLSIDE

Oy Veh!!! Typical lame and expected response from schmucks who can't refute the truths contained in the film so they attack the messenger. I've nothing against Jews who have many admirable accomplishments. I am only interested in truth not made up lies from
    an ethnic group with an agenda.

However I do dislike Zionists who are largely responsible for the ongoing genocide taking place in the Middle East. Their insanity will ultimately lead to another World War with nuclear weapons being used. Nobody wins and the world loses when that happens. If that makes me a bad person so be it.
    I've got no time or desire for this, certainly not forty seven minutes for a youtube video. You have a Hitler avatar. Clearly there's no room for open discussion. You're welcome to believe whatever you'd like, that's the beauty of freedom. Which is, ironically, anathema to the Nazi agenda. Regardless, let's move on. Your antics are unwelcomed by your peers here, in case you haven't noticed. Besides, this is a football forum. Let's keep it that way.

As for football, the alleged fool's errand turned out to be useless. We agree on that. However, if it had come back 9-1 or 2-12 it would have been worth the look. That's the thing about life, you don't know until you try. Have a great night and good luck this weekend.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: purplehazae479

Isaiah

Okay fellas as a gesture of good will I will accede to your wishes that I remove the Hitler avatar.

No hate in this man's heart, only peace, love and understanding. Shalom to all.
    Points Awarded:

POOLSIDE gave Isaiah 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):

Isaiah

As for football, the alleged fool's errand turned out to be useless. We agree on that. However, if it had come back 9-1 or 2-12 it would have been worth the look. That's the thing about life, you don't know until you try. Have a great night and good luck this weekend.
    All kidding aside, had it come back 9-1 or 2-12 it would have been of no significance to the serious gambler. All it would be is an interesting coincidence which are in abundance in a very busy world. A world totally indifferent to the ruminations and conjectures conjured up in the human mind.

POOLSIDE

All kidding aside, had it come back 9-1 or 2-12 it would have been of no significance to the serious gambler. All it would be is an interesting coincidence which are in abundance in a very busy world. A world totally indifferent to the ruminations and conjectures conjured up in the human mind.
    So all trends are coincidental?

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

I'm with you on this one Poolside, if it had came back 9-1 we sure would have followed that trend. Teams make adjustments. Bookies make adjustment.

Doesn't have anything to do with if you're a serious gambler or not. A serious "gambler" or sports handicapper should take all things into consideration.
    Nomination(s):

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

not if those teams are losing and covering spreads. obviously you have some very small numbers there but his logic is sound in asking the question cause there are in fact certain spots, times, situations where it been proven over time that the line gets inflated and those times occur in similar situations just a few more weeks down the road..
    Nomination(s):