KingHutch
    KingHutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Brady Appeal Today

Thoughts / predictions? I think it ultimately goes to court. Should be interesting to see what that fleabag Goodell will do as the judge, jury and executioner.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

he looks like an idiot for appealing.

just take your punishment like a man, Tom.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He might get reduced 2 games

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Its all circumstancial evidence and these charges should be thrown out of any court with credibility...

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Its all circumstancial evidence and these charges should be thrown out of any court with credibility...
    This is not exactly true. The evidence offered, circumstantial as it is, was enough to publicly suspend Brady. They admitted early on that they had far more (even concrete) evidence against Brady than was made public. This was likely a Public Relations move to save a poster child.

After the investigation and subsequent punishment they said if it were a court of law, any DA would take it as it would be a slam dunk case. He is guilty and they have plenty of proof.

Snowball is right.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Secret evidence? Please elaborate.

The more I hear about this case, I feel like the NFL should be investigated for entrapment. This is a gotcha case.

If Brady wants to play hardball and make a federal case, Kraft will tell lapdog Goodell to reduce the suspension.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19575

According to the CBA, proof beyond a reasonable doubt is not required. Brady should be gone for the year.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    According to the CBA, proof beyond a reasonable doubt is not required. Brady should be gone for the year.
    They should suspend all 32 starting QBs in the NFL. This makes a lot of sense. No evidence is required.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19575

Evidence is required but not beyond reasonable doubt.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

Brady is making a fool out of himself. Iit will remain 4 games. If I was Goodell I would listen to brady talk and then turn around and say" Tom fukk off"

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

We won't know decision for several weeks. I THOUGHT it would be reduced to 2 games, but now I think it will stay as is at 4.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Evidence is required but not beyond reasonable doubt.
    Put a microscope on any NFL player to find this level of "evidence". Texting a ball boy = suspension? Give me a break.

If anything, suspend Belichick. Brady is a pawn in this game. Belichick is the chess grandmaster, he knew if anyone did.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Considering the balls went down in psi the way they should in that weather, the NFL has a weak case...all they can lean on is the wells report...Brady won't look dumb when this gets knocked down to 1 game..they are actually very smart, keeping their mouths shut and letting crap fly around in the media

slacker00

At the very least, Brady's suspension needs to be paid. He's still going to practice and being a team player.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Perhaps you should better your understanding of circumstantial evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Secret evidence? Please elaborate.

The more I hear about this case, I feel like the NFL should be investigated for entrapment. This is a gotcha case.
    Nothing "secret" about it. It just wasn't necessary to nail Brady to the wall in public...a Public Relations move for sure.

The only thing the Patriots have as far as a "case" is concerned could be for entrapment. The Colts sent a letter to the NFL before the title game saying the Patriots would try to do this to the balls. It's common knowledge among the NFL that the Patriots have been doing this all year. Common knowledge enough that the Colts warned the NFL.

The NFL didn't so much as send a memo of warning to the teams involved regarding cheating. Instead, they waited until mid game to catch them red handed. Possibly entrapment, but probably wrong, as this means the league allowed half of a playoff game to be played knowing one team may have been cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    Considering the balls went down in psi the way they should in that weather, the NFL has a weak case...
    Yeah, that's what happened. Yeah. I must admit, the Patriots seem to have the greatest ball handling coaches in the history of history. Clearly they are doing something others that no other team is doing, good for them:

Give me a fuggin break. It's the problem with being a fan of a team, so many put on blinders.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19249

Great stuff KVB! Are you the Krackman I met in Las Vegas? Anyway, ton of good things to read about in this research area - thx!

slacker00

Nothing "secret" about it. It just wasn't necessary to nail Brady to the wall in public...a Public Relations move for sure.
    It's secret when we have no idea why he's being suspended. This thing is being played out in the court of public opinion, so put all the evidence on the table and let the public look at it and decide. I'd say a 4 game suspension is a fair nailing of Brady to the wall in public.

This whole Brady thing baffles me. I'm glad they nailed the Patriots franchise to the wall, it's clear the locker room and franchise has a culture of cheating. But what does that have to do with Brady in particular? I'm not convinced that Brady is some criminal mastermind that oversaw this entire fiasco. If Brady played for Jacksonville and this happened, it would have been a slap on the wrist at worst for Brady. We know the mastermind behind the Patriots franchise and it isn't Tom Brady.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

He's being suspended for knowing about the equipment guys deflating balls and not cooperating with the NFL investigation.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    He's being suspended for knowing about the equipment guys deflating balls and not cooperating with the NFL investigation.
    I'm not convinced that the balls were even deflated. There is no history of what PSI range footballs can exhibit during the course of a game, never mind those weather conditions. Also, the measurement instruments and methods used are suspect, the two pressure gauges used gave two totally different readings. The "investigation" was completely flawed.

The "cooperation" accusation is ridiculous. Brady didn't give up his phone, a right he has under the CBA. Goodell played the same CBA card when he named himself arbitrator. If Brady is guilty of "misconduct" then so is Goodell.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

NFL upheld Brady's 4 game suspension.

GSmith05
    about to get gully...
    GSmith05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

absolutely insane they kept it at 4...

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33098

Thought they would reduce it .

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Let's go fins!

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

he is the biggest cheater in the history of all sports. This is his legacy

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Upheld Brady's 4 games but reduced Bell's Weed/DUI suspension to 2 games? Shit is unreal.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    he is the biggest cheater in the history of all sports. This is his legacy

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13158

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post

I'm not convinced that the balls were even deflated. There is no history of what PSI range footballs can exhibit during the course of a game, never mind those weather conditions. Also, the measurement instruments and methods used are suspect, the two pressure gauges used gave two totally different readings. The "investigation" was completely flawed.

The "cooperation" accusation is ridiculous. Brady didn't give up his phone, a right he has under the CBA. Goodell played the same CBA card when he named himself arbitrator. If Brady is guilty of "misconduct" then so is Goodell.
    Well, if all that's true, and I doubt it, then the coach should be suspended as well, it's his team he is suppose to know what's going on.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Glad he lost

Although it's over

They won

He is the best

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11782

he destroyed his cell phone. whats that tell you about pretty boy. Guilty as charged. now lets move on

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Clearly guilty.....just take your punishment and move on

Dont fukk with the integrity of the game itself

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Brady is now suing the league. Far from over.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Why is everyone making a big deal that a corrupt commissioner upheld the suspension..Why would he lower it if Brady said he wasnt accepting anything besides a fine?

Goodell can now lose in court and say..well everyone I tried to keep it at 4 like you all wanted

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Your owner took all punishment immediately....Brady going to court doesn't mean he's innocent or guilty but it doesn't help when his own team accepts punishment

GSmith05
    about to get gully...
    GSmith05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Your owner took all punishment immediately....Brady going to court doesn't mean he's innocent or guilty but it doesn't help when his own team accepts punishment

he accepted punishment bc one of the most influential owners of the league can't be sueing the other 31 owners.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I realize that but it's not a good look for Brady.....If the Pats didn't deserve what they got they wouldn't have taken it so easily as Kraft did

1234 ... Last