BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19151

Don't like these changes, hard enough to handicap games.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Teams that score late and go up 1 will take a knee. If they don't, the blocked extra point can be returned for 2pts.

Take the dogs next year.
    Interesting thought, but I think that would be very rare. Teams don't kick PAT in this situation anyway, they go for 2. How likely is it to go for 2 and have it returned back. 1 in 10,000?

And what is your scenario? How much time? If there's anything more than maybe 7 seconds left then you are liable to lose if the opponent gets in field position. I might do as you suggest if I was down 5 and scored a TD to go up 1 with 4 seconds left. But seriously, how often does this happen? Practically never.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Teams that score late and go up 1 will take a knee. If they don't, the blocked extra point can be returned for 2pts.

Take the dogs next year.
    any that u like week 1?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

If you are up 1 I think you have to at least go for a conservative running play unless there is less than 5 seconds maybe.

LEOLEO
    LEOLEO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2409

DEVASTATING NEWS FOR MIDDLERS

THIS WILL CUT MY BOTTOM LINE MULTIPLE K'S
    AND MANY IN SAME LINE OF WORK

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Interesting thought, but I think that would be very rare. Teams don't kick PAT in this situation anyway, they go for 2. How likely is it to go for 2 and have it returned back. 1 in 10,000?

And what is your scenario? How much time? If there's anything more than maybe 7 seconds left then you are liable to lose if the opponent gets in field position. I might do as you suggest if I was down 5 and scored a TD to go up 1 with 4 seconds left. But seriously, how often does this happen? Practically never.
    I agree. It won't happen often. (If it happens twice all year it would be a miracle.) It would have to be very late in the game for them to take a knee rather than chance a run back. I guarantee Bilichick is the one that does it first.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

More kicks will be blocked also

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

just a new way to break gambling degenerates' hearts late in games

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

more missed pats, more coaches likely to go for 2 same thing everyone else said. im going to say 95% of pats get made, this is still a short kick from the middle of the field. guys like chip kelly might go for 2 off the first td, and i expect some coaches to go for 2 a bit earlier than they would have previously. id say this minimally favors the under

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I sorta like an alternative idea: move the point try up to the 1 or until teams start going for 2 instead.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

still a 90% success rate but will make it a little funner

First 12