LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Tom Brady Suspension Inevitable

Only question is for how long. If you can bet Steelers Week 1 now, do it.

PFT's Mike Florio says a Tom Brady suspension seems "unavoidable."

There is no smoking gun tied to Brady in the 243-page Ted Wells DeflateGate report. But there is plenty of circumstantial evidence and Brady has two other factors working against him: He refused to cooperate with the investigation and the Patriots have a history of being on the gray side of the rules. ESPN's Adam Schefter has joined PFT in suggesting the Patriots will likely be forced to start Jimmy Garoppolo when they open the 2015 season.

Source: ProFootballTalk on NBCSports.com

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

What's the spread

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    What's the spread

Opened at +6, went to +4.5 on Wednesday, probably off the board now but take a shot, you never know.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

The best bet is to wait until he gets suspended, let the line plummet because everyone think he's worth 7-10 points, then take the Patriots; just like Week 2 in 2008 when they covered with Matt Cassell at QB.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Patriots will pound anyone without Brady

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    The best bet is to wait until he gets suspended, let the line plummet because everyone think he's worth 7-10 points, then take the Patriots; just like Week 2 in 2008 when they covered with Matt Cassell at QB.
    But if someone is asleep at the wheel and still offering +4.5, take it now and if your scenario happens, bet double or triple the amount on Pats later with a chance to middle.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

The problem with that is that Brady may not get suspended; I won't assume anything because Kraft and Goodell are pretty tight.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

The ball boys will get the suspension.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

aw shucks.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

What a joke if Brady isn't at the week 1 game celebrating the championship that HE won for New England (with a huge assist from Malcolm Butler).

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    What a joke if Brady isn't at the week 1 game celebrating the championship that HE won for New England (with a huge assist from Malcolm Butler).
    NFL may allow him to be there celebrating in street clothes.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

What does this mean?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

LT might be right

2 games

Brady means too much and also tough to really prove it all

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    NFL may allow him to be there celebrating in street clothes.
    Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose? If he's found guilty and they keep showing him laughing it up on the sidelines...

The NFL needs to take draft picks from the Pats, it was their staff that did the deed. Brady is getting scape-goated.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose? If he's found guilty and they keep showing him laughing it up on the sidelines...

The NFL needs to take draft picks from the Pats, it was their staff that did the deed. Brady is getting scape-goated.
    OK maybe they won't allow him in the stadium then. I figured not being able to play was punishment enough.

LT Profits

Remember there are still open prop bets on this in the SBR Book in regards to fines and suspensions too.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Remember there are still open prop bets on this in the SBR Book in regards to fines and suspensions too.
    Micro limits tho. It was supposed to be graded Jan 28th according to the ticket, what gives?

For me, the smoking gun is video released January 26th of that guy taking the balls into the closet. He's a Patriots staffer that's acting for the team. I don't care what happened, it's fishy enough. The team is responsible for this guy and on the team is going to cover for each other, so take away a 4th or 5th rounder from the team and call it good.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

I'll guess. 2 games

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Bovada had line at 3.5 games. Under please

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Bovada had line at 3.5 games. Under please
    The NFL will impose a certain suspension knowing that the player will appeal, and get it lessened. NFL could give 4 game and later reduce it to 2. How would the book pay on that scenario?

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

under 3.5 is a good bet. Only thing is Goodell will be under pressure to make an example so i could see 4 or something

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Thinking it's going to be the over.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Cheating scumbag that he is

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Just deflated a few balls not a big deal.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unless they work out an under-the-table one game suspension, I would expect Brady to fight this tooth and nail and go to the NFLPA. I'd do the same thing. I mean treat it like a legal trial. Show the proof that I told someone to deflate a ball or STFU. Hell sue the NFL for defamation while you're at it LoL ... I'd go the whole nine yards. Fukk Goodell.

The whole "more probable than not" wording is the dumbest thing ever that you could put as your conclusion in this type of report. Leaves the door wide open for someone to fight this sort of ruling.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JameisBrady

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Unless they work out an under-the-table one game suspension, I would expect Brady to fight this tooth and nail and go to the NFLPA. I'd do the same thing. I mean treat it like a legal trial. Show the proof that I told someone to deflate a ball or STFU. Hell sue the NFL for defamation while you're at it LoL ... I'd go the whole nine yards. Fukk Goodell.

The whole "more probable than not" wording is the dumbest thing ever that you could put as your conclusion in this type of report. Leaves the door wide open for someone to fight this sort of ruling.
    How do you think "legal trials" work? Civil judgments for liability are typically on the same "more probable than not" standard, or otherwise known as "the preponderance of the evidence." "Proof" is often in the form of circumstantial evidence and reasonable inferences drawn therefrom.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Just deflated a few balls not a big deal.
    equipment manager and the other guy are gonna be fioired might be a big deal to them

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Please for once punish the Patriots appropriately. I know it's Goodell's team and all.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19139

Are we to believe these equipment managers would risk their jobs and just did this on their own? How does one get the nickname Deflator?

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

i need to deflate my ballz this morning; guess i better go get back into bed and start prodding the "still sound asleep" ms. donk with my morning woodll

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

He shouldn't be suspended. All the report stated is that he was ''probably' aware of the deflation.

If they start suspending people for things like that, they will have a big union fight to deal with.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    Are we to believe these equipment managers would risk their jobs and just did this on their own? How does one get the nickname Deflator?
    It's deeper than that. Who is hiring these guys? This is a franchise problem, not a Brady problem. Take picks away.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

admittedly I am not following the story very much but I have yet to hear one person mention the real story here with those cheaters brady and belichick

Blog has been updated, here are the patriots "chance" to fumble after a rule change brady lobbied for. The same rule change that allows for The Deflator to even have a job.

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/

Last edited by brooks85; 05-09-15 at 10:18 AM.

slacker00

Brooks, I agree. But I think it's deeper than Brady/Belichick. I think Kraft/Goodell are conspiring to scapegoat Tom.

The Patriots organization is built to cheat top to bottom. Suspending Brady is just sweeping that fact under the rug.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Brooks, I agree. But I think it's deeper than Brady/Belichick. I think Kraft/Goodell are conspiring to scapegoat Tom.

The Patriots organization is built to cheat top to bottom. Suspending Brady is just sweeping it under the rug.
    I see what you're saying, I definitely get the sweep it under the rug feeling about this myself.

12 Last