Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    What Brady did was worse than Pete Rose did and Rose is still banned.

Brady should be banned from NFL. You can't mess with the integrity of the game.
    Betting on games that you are involved in is worse than this.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Brady is too cool to suspend. Just ignore this. Don't suspend our American sports heroes. It makes this country look bad. Hate on wife beaters and child beaters, not Tom. Bellichick is also untouchable. He is the Godfather of coaches. Daaaaa da da DAAAAA DA DAA DAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Brady gets season for probably having a pet in the balls being deflated and ray rice gets 2 games for definitely beating his wife/chick in a video?! Shit ain't happening

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I will not watch one football game if he is suspended

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

6 games

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I think zero games also. Show me any proof that he told them to deflate a ball. If this was an actual legal process, any lawyer worth his salt would get Brady off Scott-Free.

He'll get something though because Goodell is a pussy.
    That's not true. Circumstantial evidence is still evidence, you dot always need something concrete or a "smoking gun" as they say. Just ask your boy Hernandez. And in the texts the guys basically say brady is telling them to do it, it doesn't actually say "tom brady has told me to go deflate footballs for him" but it's more than enough, hence the "more probable than not" stated in the report.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    That's not true. Circumstantial evidence is still evidence, you dot always need something concrete or a "smoking gun" as they say. Just ask your boy Hernandez. And in the texts the guys basically say brady is telling them to do it, it doesn't actually say "tom brady has told me to go deflate footballs for him" but it's more than enough, hence the "more probable than not" stated in the report.
    The "more probably than not" is a weak claim about a weak claim. The report is basically a coin flip that says Brady probably knows "something about something". Well, no shit. Besides that, this whole report was cooked by Kraft/Goodell to make Brady take the fall anyway. The wording is so wishy washy, it's not really saying anything anyway. So far, nobody has turned rat and Goodell is taking instructions from Kraft. Patriots business as usual.

With an organization as crooked at the Patriots, Brady probably knows all kinds of dirt going on. That's why Brady is acting so goofy, no matter what he says, he's potentially exposing some other scheme that nobody knows about yet. From a Patriots (and NFL) standpoint, Brady needs to fall on the sword here, but I think there might be some fear that Brady doesn't want to take the fall and might turn informant and blow the lid off the decades of cheating that's been going on.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    The "more probably than not" is a weak claim about a weak claim. The report is basically a coin flip that says Brady probably knows "something about something". Well, no shit. Besides that, this whole report was cooked by Kraft/Goodell to make Brady take the fall anyway. The wording is so wishy washy, it's not really saying anything anyway. So far, nobody has turned rat and Goodell is taking instructions from Kraft. Patriots business as usual.

With an organization as crooked at the Patriots, Brady probably knows all kinds of dirt going on. That's why Brady is acting so goofy, no matter what he says, he's potentially exposing some other scheme that nobody knows about yet. From a Patriots (and NFL) standpoint, Brady needs to fall on the sword here, but I think there might be some fear that Brady doesn't want to take the fall and might turn informant and blow the lid off the decades of cheating that's been going on.
    He kind of admitted it at his Salem appearance. That was hard to watch. Im a Brady fan. Im kind of torn on it. On one hand it is cheating... like tweaking the rims before an NBA game. That would be a forfeit. On the other hand, why the hell do the teams have their own balls? Why doesnt the league have them? No shit you are gonna put em to your liking. And in this era of if the ref doesnt call it, it is not a penalty, is it more gamesmanship?

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    6 games
    Bingo! We have a winner!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    He kind of admitted it at his Salem appearance. That was hard to watch. Im a Brady fan. Im kind of torn on it. On one hand it is cheating... like tweaking the rims before an NBA game. That would be a forfeit. On the other hand, why the hell do the teams have their own balls? Why doesnt the league have them? No shit you are gonna put em to your liking. And in this era of if the ref doesnt call it, it is not a penalty, is it more gamesmanship?
    The team ball thing goes back to the mid 2000's. It was a rule change to help the QBs by letting them select, scuff, inflate, etc the balls the way they want them. Before that the refs brought the balls to the game, to the best of my understanding.

The issue here is that the balls were presented to the refs, approved, then both teams balls were basically stolen by a Patriots staff guy and took into a bathroom. For me, the issue of that Patriots staffer stealing balls is much bigger issue than a couple PSI of air pressure.

As for Tom Brady, I don't like or dislike him. I actually think he's fairly overrated for what he is, but I'd probably say that about any star QB. My biggest problem about this whole fiasco is that the Patriots cheating machine rolls on and Brady is just a cog in the bigger machine.

First 123