BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19327

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Remember: the Patriots were caught the only two times they ever cheated. Just terrible luck.
    Nice!

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12461

Just remember the score,..PATRIOTS 45-INDY 7,...the Pats would have won if they played with frisbees! Deflated balls not the reason.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Who the hell ever proclaimed that this D-bag wells was King Solomon? It took him over 100 days to produce "more probable than not". I would be willing to wager that this ambulance chaser got paid over $10 mil. He was under great pressure to come up with something for that price. Vague texts from 2 low-level Pats staffers?! How does that possibly convict Brady??

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Patriots will get a monetary slap on wrist.

But Brady is going to get suspended. Bet on it. My guess would be 4 games. The conclusion was that he was generally aware of the deflation. IN other words, he was the instigator. That he didn't personally stick the needle is irrelevant. He is going to be held responsible. Jimmy Garoppolo will get a chance to see what he can do. At this point, I bet that guy is pretty good. Nobody really knows since he;s been buried, but I have a hunch he is one of the best backup QB's.
    Yeah, because the aholes were making them "the size of watermelons". So yeah, he asked them to keep it down, not keep it under.

I think it's funny ppl think that since the balls were at 11.5 they must turn into heated balls, where the outside is like stickem and anybody can catch the ball. Even in those txt you see that the balls were at 16, and no one said or did anything. 16 is way outside the range of 12.5-13.5.

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Pats have been cheating for years. Belichick never won anything without cheating. Let's not forget that people.
    Our elected leaders, teachers, principals, cops, judges, lawyers, etc. all cheat everyday. It is part of the American fabric. Why do you think people say...'If you aren't cheating you aren't trying!'

People are just mad because the Patriots have smashed on their team(s) and are consistent winners! If the Patriots had not won any SuperBowls this would be a non-story.

Go Pats!!! And don't forget... The Butler did it, in the end zone, with his hands

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

It all comes back to the refs procedures with the balls..the line that stuck out to me was "Brady's right, the refs fkd us, the balls were over 16" so maybe Brady asked to take more air out as the refs tended to add more air without gauging the balls..wanted to be safe than sorry..regardless his 3 other rings happened before any of this and when the refs are checking the balls feverishly next year and the pats still win..this will go away for everyone except the obsessive pats haters

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

worst case scenario

Brady suspended 2 games

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I hate to bring up baseball, but sorta reminds me of the George Brett pine tar incident.

At least the MLB officials got it right in the end. Brett's HR counts and Yankees look like a weasels for whining about it.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19551

Technically, MLB got it wrong. M\*\*\*\*\*\* ruled that the umpires were correct but that their decision violated the spirit of the rules. As far as Brady and Belichik, they should both sit but won't thanks to Goodell's friendship with Kraft.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    It all comes back to the refs procedures with the balls..the line that stuck out to me was "Brady's right, the refs fkd us, the balls were over 16" so maybe Brady asked to take more air out as the refs tended to add more air without gauging the balls..wanted to be safe than sorry..regardless his 3 other rings happened before any of this and when the refs are checking the balls feverishly next year and the pats still win..this will go away for everyone except the obsessive pats haters
    Enjoy Jimmy Garrapolo

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BeanTownClown88

Jimmy woulda been a first round pick this year..he will be a fine transition piece for keeping up the success...Brady's at his best when he plays with a chip..will be business as usual come sept...Better than using Mallet
    Last edited by BeanTownClown88; 05-07-15 at 09:10 AM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Patriots fan boys are hilarious.....Will any of them man up and admit what the rest of the country knows?? Or just gunna keep going down swinging with red herrings?

Cut through all the BS...did they systematically deflate the footballs after they were checked by the officials For God knows how long? The answer is obvious to anyone with a brain

Why didn't Brady cooperate and turn over his phone? Why did the Patriots fumbling stats defy logic over the last decade or so? Why does one of the Pats equipment managers refer to himself as the deflator? LOL

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by RITZ View Post
    Just remember the score,..PATRIOTS 45-INDY 7,...the Pats would have won if they played with frisbees! Deflated balls not the reason.
    and what is your excuse for the other 50+ games they played with deflated balls?

Fact of the matter is Goodell wouldn't have a job without Kraft. Bring that in a real courtroom and they would be torn apart right there but this is a private business so the only person to blame is the viewer who keeps watching while they know they've been bamboozled.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Everyone cheats so is the "crime" we are going crazy about or the particular team that got caught? My $$ all day says nobody gives 2 shits if it were say Tampa but since it's Pats.....well nuff said. Real talk!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Everyone cheats so is the "crime" we are going crazy about or the particular team that got caught? My $$ all day says nobody gives 2 shits if it were say Tampa but since it's Pats.....well nuff said. Real talk!
    Repeat offenders with a history of shadiness and arrogance that also have been successful....Didn't cooperate with this investigation and went head on with the NFL claiming ignorance and no knowledge of anything against the rules

Sorry but you can say everyone steals, does drugs, steroids in baseball, etc etc

If you get caught and then try to cover it up....especially as a repeat offender you deserve a harsh punishment

Dont do the crime if you don't wanna pay for it

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

I get it Mld it just doesn't even faze me anymore. And fact they are a big dog at the top for so long just gives other teams motivation by any means necessary to knock them down a peg which is why they are getting caught.

BeanTownClown88

So if one more Seahawk gets caught on peds they should get burned at the stake too? Just making sure there's some consistency..the last thing the pats did was nearly 10 years ago before this..the lying is the worst part..we have evidence and proof the pats steamroll with the proper ball...hate em or love em..there's not a better pure game plan team in the NfL

BeanTownClown88

I get it Mld it just doesn't even faze me anymore. And fact they are a big dog at the top for so long just gives other teams motivation by any means necessary to knock them down a peg which is why they are getting caught.
    And if you think teams play NE and don't skirt the rules to find their own edge. People must be naive..rather "cheat" and win than "cheat" and lose..football in jan and feb never gets old, trust me and its worth every edge in the world to get to experience as a fan

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

They are a good team just as bonds and arod were good players without the help

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Technically, MLB got it wrong. M\*\*\*\*\*\* ruled that the umpires were correct but that their decision violated the spirit of the rules. As far as Brady and Belichik, they should both sit but won't thanks to Goodell's friendship with Kraft.
    The spirit of the game is to shut up and play. There's no crying in baseball, there shouldn't be in the NFL either.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah that's throwback way Slacker but times are changing and now it's about the rats. Every team from here really should be on point though. No more excuses the things that have gone on for decades like dare I say over/underinflated balls better be double checked. All these little tweaks that players/ teams do to find an edge will be more exploited from here on as they happen like we've seen more in recent years. The public won't be finding out 20/30 years after the fact in a book any longer. No more Omerta major sports has turned into the modern day mob full of rats:/

slacker00

Now days they can put a sensor chip right in the football giving real time readout of the pressure or whatever else comes up. I actually like that idea, the announcers can tell us the field temp is 70, the wind is West 5 MPH and the football PSI is 12.5 or whatever. It doesn't matter, next time they'll be crying because the Pats are using a nonstandard kicking tee or something, it never ends.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Haters gonna hate, Pats gonna cheat, is what it is.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Quote Originally Posted by RITZ View Post
    In what way is this relevant?

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

As a Pats fan, I just wish Brady had handled this better. Back in that original press conference, all he had to say was "Yeah I like my balls a certain way so I tell my guys to do that, but honestly I never realized it was any big deal, since every QB I've ever known sets the ball to their preference. Never thought I was breaking any rules or undermining the integrity of the game. But if the league determines I've broken rules here, then I'll pay my dues."

Everyone agrees the actual deflation issue is minor and barely worth the hubbub. It's that he lied (or it looks like he did). Why don't athletes ever learn this?! Just stand up there and say "Yeah we adjust the ball, and is this really a big deal? I mean Rodgers inflates it." What could anyone even say to that?

Anyway, scared about the penalty. Four games or fewer, I'll take.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    As a Pats fan, I just wish Brady had handled this better. Back in that original press conference, all he had to say was "Yeah I like my balls a certain way so I tell my guys to do that, but honestly I never realized it was any big deal, since every QB I've ever known sets the ball to their preference. Never thought I was breaking any rules or undermining the integrity of the game. But if the league determines I've broken rules here, then I'll pay my dues."

Everyone agrees the actual deflation issue is minor and barely worth the hubbub. It's that he lied (or it looks like he did). Why don't athletes ever learn this?! Just stand up there and say "Yeah we adjust the ball, and is this really a big deal? I mean Rodgers inflates it." What could anyone even say to that?

I'll tell you exactly why. This broke after the AFC Championship and less than 2 weeks from the Super Bowl. If he makes such an admission, might he have been suspended for the Super Bowl? Probably not, but that could have been a concern. Is a Super Bowl more important than several games the following season? Yeah.

In general, yeah, the coverup is usually worse than the crime, but the timing here made it unique. He denied and then didn't talk about it. If he made an admission like that there would have immediately been 100 more questions. He wanted to make it go away at least for a couple weeks. It worked.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

I'll tell you exactly why. This broke after the AFC Championship and less than 2 weeks from the Super Bowl. If he makes such an admission, might he have been suspended for the Super Bowl? Probably not, but that could have been a concern. Is a Super Bowl more important than several games the following season? Yeah.

In general, yeah, the coverup is usually worse than the crime, but the timing here made it unique. He denied and then didn't talk about it. If he made an admission like that there would have immediately been 100 more questions. He wanted to make it go away at least for a couple weeks. It worked.
    Great post, D2. How could I forget the timing? I remember even thinking at the time that wouldn't it be beyond awful if the SB got messed up.

I still stand by what I said in general and with regard to long-term reputation, but you are correct that they were between a rock and a hard place in Jan.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Would have never missed the SB over this that's crazy. The league and players union would have never let that happen. Even with admission of guilt the league would have just said we will deal with it in offseason after full investigation. Some of you really overestimate the integrity of sports these days and the people who run it like Goodell who has zero integrity. When all they really care about is busine$$. And a Brady-less SB would never have happened.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post

No, they want him to admit that he ordered the game balls be stolen, deflated and returned.

That's the problem. The balls were checked by the refs at some point leading up to kickoff and were given the thumbs up. But then those hoodlums grabbed the ball bag and did a little bathroom bingo. The accusation is that Brady was the mastermind behind all that mischief, but in my mind I find it hard to believe Brady was trying to orchestrate something like that with the championship game on the line.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

This is spiraling bad for Tom and Bill

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Would have never missed the SB over this that's crazy. The league and players union would have never let that happen. Even with admission of guilt the league would have just said we will deal with it in offseason after full investigation. Some of you really overestimate the integrity of sports these days and the people who run it like Goodell who has zero integrity. When all they really care about is busine$$. And a Brady-less SB would never have happened.
    Most likely, but a. why take the chance, and b. why force yourself to answer another 100 questions about it.

slacker00

Most likely, but a. why take the chance, and b. why force yourself to answer another 100 questions about it.
    What was he supposed to admit? That he sent a lacky to the bathrooms with 12 Pats balls and 12 Colts balls?

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Brady's only crime is that he is addicted to winning.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Brady is the sole important person heavily implicated (other than a couple of ballboys) in a long, detailed, expensive report. No way he skates.

My guesses:
    Brady - 4 games plus $250,000
    Pats - $500,000 plus lose a 6th rounder
    A little low on the monetary and draft pick prediction, but not too bad.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

A little low on the monetary and draft pick prediction, but not too bad.

First 1234 Last