opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Mr. 2011 poster of the year I'm fine with what has transpired. Unlike your puppet of a head coach who can't even take a shit w out jerry jones permission, the Eagles have a coach who's an inovator and has proven can have an effective offense with whomever is the QB (Vick-foles-Sanchez). Cowgirls just took a big hit & you know it. Back to romo throwing it up 40 times a game!!
    Yeah....Chip has "proven" you can win "whomever is QB."

Dummy....the fact that you actually typed that statement shows me you know very little about the NFL.

You can kiss my ass about some college coaches "system" being a big winner in the NFL. Do you honestly believe everything Chip is trying to do is groundbreaking stuff? He's simply that much smarter than every other coach that's ever coached professional football?

You need a stud QB who can throw the ball, a stud O-line to protect, and a stout defense to win. Period. There ain't nothing groundbreaking about that.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Which makes this signing shady. (No pun) They get rid of McCoy in a surprising trade and then end up with Murray. (Who just falls into their lap.) You're telling me they didn't have a deal in place before the trade?
    If they had a deal, he wouldn't still be out there IMO. I think this is happy accident in Chips plan if they sign him for something reasonable. His style is straight ahead which fits the Chip system. Funny thing is all the Cowboys fans are absolutely hating on Murray now - saying all the bad things about him. Couple weeks ago they loved him still. And would love him if he reverses and goes back to Dallas.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

whole thing amazing

Chipper stealing the show this off season from everyone

Guy is an idiot or a genius

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Murray to Eagles is a done deal, Dallas calling around for running backs. They may even end up with Mathews if they want him.

EaglesPhan36

I still believe Murray is trying to leverage Dallas for more money with this. Funny thing is they're not going to budge. I think they call his bluff. Eagles would be stupid to overpay a guy who is so butt hurt about his lack of $ from teams not named Oakland. I'd give him $1 mill more than Dallas and tell him take it or Raider up.

EaglesPhan36

Schefter is going to look terrible if this flops LoL Matthews according to sources is still in town getting a physical

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I still believe Murray is trying to leverage Dallas for more money with this. Funny thing is they're not going to budge. I think they call his bluff. Eagles would be stupid to overpay a guy who is so butt hurt about his lack of $ from teams not named Oakland. I'd give him $1 mill more than Dallas and tell him take it or Raider up.
    Precisely

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

Its not so bad for Dallas really. They still have that guy who steals underwear from K-Mart, he's pretty good! Actually JJ could probably get 1,000 yd season with that offensive line. I hope Chip hires extra guys for the training room, all those torn ACL's and bad knees and shoulders make me feel queasy.

LT Profits

Eagles would be stupid to overpay a guy who is so butt hurt about his lack of $ from teams not named Oakland. I'd give him $1 mill more than Dallas and tell him take it or Raider up.
    That is exactly right, something like $30 million for five years not fully guaranteed. Eagles would not be overpaying.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Yeah....Chip has "proven" you can win "whomever is QB."

Dummy....the fact that you actually typed that statement shows me you know very little about the NFL.

You can kiss my ass about some college coaches "system" being a big winner in the NFL. Do you honestly believe everything Chip is trying to do is groundbreaking stuff? He's simply that much smarter than every other coach that's ever coached professional football?

You need a stud QB who can throw the ball, a stud O-line to protect, and a stout defense to win. Period. There ain't nothing groundbreaking about that.
    20-12 1st 2 seasons as head coach. Not like that clown of yours who went 5-3. 8-8. 8-8. 8-8 then stepped in shit last year because they HAD a running game.

Your replies speak highly of your football IQ.

Still waiting for your answer as to whether or not you'd swap head coaches if you could????

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    20-12 1st 2 seasons as head coach. Not like that clown of yours who went 5-3. 8-8. 8-8. 8-8 then stepped in shit last year because they HAD a running game.

Your replies speak highly of your football IQ.

Still waiting for your answer as to whether or not you'd swap head coaches if you could????
    Are you seriously this fukkin dense?

There's ZERO chance I'd get rid of Garrett. I love the guy. I've always been a supporter of his. I tend to defer to people like Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells, both if whom have said repeatedly they have the utmost respect and confidence in Garrett's ability as a HC.

I don't hate Chip. I really don't know that much about him. But you act like the guy has actually accomplished a lot. You realize that over their first 2 years, he won a total of 4 more games than Garrett? That's not really groundbreaking stuff, pal.

I've just never been a fan of a college coach trying to run the same stuff in the pros. When has it ever worked? Spurrier??

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Are you seriously this fukkin dense?

There's ZERO chance I'd get rid of Garrett. I love the guy. I've always been a supporter of his. I tend to defer to people like Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells, both if whom have said repeatedly they have the utmost respect and confidence in Garrett's ability as a HC.

I don't hate Chip. I really don't know that much about him. But you act like the guy has actually accomplished a lot. You realize that over their first 2 years, he won a total of 4 more games than Garrett? That's not really groundbreaking stuff, pal.

I've just never been a fan of a college coach trying to run the same stuff in the pros. When has it ever worked? Spurrier??
    What is it you like about Garrett? You have to admit that this years play calling and a run 1st approach was a lot better than what was going on the 3 previous years. I don't think that was Garretts doing?

I don't think chip is the messiah. A lot of my talk with you is just fun & games. I respect your knowledge on pro football. After all those years of Andy Reid anything was a step up. These moves are surprising at best but this is who we picked to lead the team so let's see how it all plays out. I do love the fact that he's getting rid of "me 1st guys".

EaglesPhan36

The more I see from Schefter, the less I think this guy knows. His tweets lately are all from other tweets available to anyone who knows how to Internet.

LT Profits

OK maybe they will pay more than they had to. Per Chris Mortensen, deal figures to be $42 million for 5 years, $21 mill guaranteed

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    OK maybe they will pay more than they had to. Per Chris Mortensen, deal figures to be $42 million for 5 years, $21 mill guaranteed
    That's what I saw.

Demarco can kiss my ass for $42 million. Fukk that. No RB worth that.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

To bad he did not take some cornerbacks with him. Philly could have some of them too.

EaglesPhan36

That's what I saw.

Demarco can kiss my ass for $42 million. Fukk that. No RB worth that.
    You know he never sees the end of that contract. Only $21m guaranteed? So take that for 3 yrs if he makes it & he gets dumped in a salary cut. McCoys had 26.5 mill in guaranteed with Buffalo.

opie1988

You know he never sees the end of that contract. Only $21m guaranteed? So take that for 3 yrs if he makes it & he gets dumped in a salary cut. McCoys had 26.5 mill in guaranteed with Buffalo.
    True

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

zert

Dallas made him the leagues leading rusher. He did not do it on his own. But good for him somebody else paid him for it and it wasn't Dallas.

jjgold

Will be interesting to see how he does in Philly

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by zert View Post
    Dallas made him the leagues leading rusher. He did not do it on his own. But good for him somebody else paid him for it and it wasn't Dallas.
    You're right. Guy has zero talent. I'm sure you could rush for 1800 yards behind that line as well!!!

opie1988

Time for my obligatory "Murray sucked. Fumbled too much. Glad he's gone" post.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

zert

I dont think I said anything about him having zero talent. But a lot of running backs in the nfl could have run through all of the holes he had in front of him. I am not near big enough or fast enough to have done it, not even if I was 25 again. More to my point was Dallas could have limited his rushing attempts the last few games so as to not wear him out for the playoffs.

jjgold

He is a very strong runner
    Competitive also

EaglesPhan36

Time for my obligatory "Murray sucked. Fumbled too much. Glad he's gone" post.

Sounds exactly like DFW radio right now. Salud.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He is a very strong runner
    Competitive also
    But this ain't going with him....

"Bring in the next back!!"

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Offensive line in Dallas can make any rusher look good. Still remember that bucking fumble Murray had vs Green Bay. Buck Murray and buck the Eagles

opie1988

I really appreciate Philly paying Demarco for all he did for us last year.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

EaglesPhan36

We'll see if everyone is right about the plug n play behind that line. If not, better hope you can score 40+ every week when that D is on the field too much and getting raped.

Bluehorseshoe

We'll see if everyone is right about the plug n play behind that line. If not, better hope you can score 40+ every week when that D is on the field too much and getting raped.
    I would take Ryan Matthews and be happy.

opie1988

Could say the same about y'all's plug n play at QB.

Hope Bradford doesn't break his arms putting his helmet on.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

What amazes me is that Emmitt smith played behind the best oline in cowboys history but no one mentioned that. Murray is a great back. He will do well in philly.

EaglesPhan36

Could say the same about y'all's plug n play at QB.

Hope Bradford doesn't break his arms putting his helmet on.
    Thing is Sanchez is already a proven backup who can run the show. Randle? Dunbar? When's the last time either one was even asked to do even 10 carries? Betting Jerry right or wrong goes after AP or at least inquires.

Bluehorseshoe

Thing is Sanchez is already a proven backup who can run the show. Randle? Dunbar? When's the last time either one was even asked to do even 10 carries? Betting Jerry right or wrong goes after AP or at least inquires.
    You're right about Sanchez. I can see him destroying that Dallas defense with bombs to Maclin next year.

Oh wait.............

opie1988

Cowboys aren't going to pay big $$ to a tailback. Just ain't happening.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

First 1234 Last