LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Early Look at NFL Dynasty Leagues Top 75

Courtesy of Sigmund Bloom - footballguys.com

These are probably the earliest rankings out there as we are still in pre-free agency. Still always fun to take early look. Remember there are for Dynasty and not annual redrafts.

1. Rob Gronkowski, TE, NE - Injury prone? More like touchdown prone. Created separation between him and Jimmy Graham this year. Still only 25 (really).
    2. Odell Beckham Jr, WR, NYG - I might be overreacting, but not putting him here might be underreacting to the next generational talent at wide receiver.
    3. Julio Jones, WR, ATL - Jones got a little banged up this year, but by the end of it he was taking over games in a Calvin Johnson-esque way.
    4. Dez Bryant, WR, DAL - Bryant reached cruising altitude this year and should be among the best in the league for a long time. Penchant for multi-TD games.
    5. Antonio Brown, WR, PIT - Has sustained consistency at wide receiver that was previously unheard of. Wouldn’t argue too hard against putting him as WR1.
    6. AJ Green, WR, CIN - Saddled with the worst QB of the wide receivers in the elite tier so at the bottom.
    7. Le’Veon Bell, RB, PIT - Candle burns at both ends for RB, but Bell looks poised for a long reign of dominance in PPR leagues. Won’t talk you out of him #1 overall.
    8. Calvin Johnson, WR, DET - He’s still the Megatron we know and love but injuries last two years, turning 30, and Stafford might never be as good as we hoped he would be.
    9. Demaryius Thomas, WR, DEN - A future without Peyton could imperil his status as an elite FF WR1, and it’s coming soon.
    10. Mike Evans, WR, TB - Has the skills to pay the fantasy bills and could get a big upgrade at QB long-term. Seems to be QB proof anyway.
    11. Alshon Jeffery, WR, CHI - Torch is beginning to be passed from Marshall to Jeffery. Cutler seems shakier than before, but can still feed Jeffery effectively.
    12. Eddie Lacy, RB, GB - I wonder if Green Bay will ever feed him 350-400 touches and there was the shadow of long-term durability from the draft, but he was rolling over defenses at times in 2014 and Lacy is just hitting his peak years.
    13. Demarco Murray, RB, DAL - A future without Cowboys OL could be dimmer, but Murray is at his peak and should carry FF teams for at least 2-3 more years.
    14. Jimmy Graham, TE, NO - Graham value among the top tier is tough to gauge. Second half weardown pattern is strong to ignore and might have already peaked, but still a good pace ahead of rest of TE field.
    15. LeSean McCoy, RB, PHI - McCoy had some environmental issues with offensive line play, but his receptions dried up and he didn’t look as electric as he had in years past. This splits difference between optimistic and pessimistic view of 2014, both valid. Eagles offense still very combustible for RB numbers.
    16. Sammy Watkins, WR, BUF - Injuries and poor QB play kept Watkins from taking off in 2014, but flashes of what made him such a coveted player were apparent all season. Even with Rex Ryan, he’ll be fine.
    17. TY Hilton, WR, IND - Moving into perennial WR1 territory with the emergence of Andrew Luck.
    18. Randall Cobb, WR, GB - More likely to stay with Aaron Rodgers, which is a good thing.
    19. Jordy Nelson, WR, GB - Can break open a fantasy week for your team with the best of them, but in age 30 season.
    20. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, HOU - Hopkins arrived with some huge games in 2014, but he was inconsistent and still didn’t really level off as a WR2 for any stretch. Big future ahead, but less of a help right now.
    21. Jamaal Charles, RB, KC - Charles is performing at a very high level and his offense features him, although elite run might only have 1-2 years left. Worth a ton to win now teams though.
    22. Jeremy Hill, RB, CIN - Hill arrived with a bang at the end of 2014, but Giovani Bernard injects a little volatility into his weekly scores for now.
    23. Matt Forte, RB, CHI - A stud of the highest level at the moment, but entering his age 30 season.
    24. Arian Foster, RB, HOU - Misses games but an elite RB1 when he plays.
    25. Adrian Peterson, RB, MIN - A lot unknown entering his age 30 season, but if anyone can play at RB1 level into mid-30’s, it’s Peterson.
    26. CJ Anderson, RB, DEN - Might become entrenched as elite RB1 he was in second half of 2014 under Kubiak.
    27. Andrew Luck, QB, IND - Luck is the no brainer #1 QB and should be for a long time. What is that worth at the easiest position to stream? Luck owners would likely want more than non-Luck owners would give up for him, so the question might be moot in existing leagues.
    28. Keenan Allen, WR, SD - Allen was quiet for the first half of 2014, but he started to come on, and his competition for targets is mostly on the way out soon. Still lots of PPR WR2 seasons ahead.
    29. Michael Floyd, WR, ARI - Floyd got marginalized in the Cardinals offense a bit, and Larry Fitzgerald could stick around for a while, but his talent is not that far off of the elite tier, and he’ll arrive eventually.
    30. Brandon Marshall, WR, CHI - Marshall was hurt for a good part of 2014, which could ominously signal that the decline is on, but it’s not exactly time to bail, either.
    31. Aaron Rodgers, QB, GB - Rodgers is set to give you a large advantage at QB for the foreseeable future, but his startup draft value surpasses his trade value because of his position.
    32. Travis Kelce, TE, KC - It’s just a matter of when, not if for Kelce. He won’t become Gronk, but he’ll have moments (and stat lines) when it looks like he might.
    33. Carlos Hyde, RB, SF - Frank Gore will not go gently into that good night, but Hyde still looked like a back whose time is coming in San Francisco.
    34. Kelvin Benjamin, WR, CAR - Benjamin’s rookie numbers were inflated by garbage time TDs, but he still showed that he can be Cam Newton’s #1 receiver, which could signal a long run of top 15-20 WR seasons.
    35. Martavis Bryant, WR, PIT - Bryant’s size/speed combination was breathtaking at times. Markus Wheaton is still a nice player, but Bryant is ticketed for lots of high FF value targets in Pittsburgh opposite Antonio Brown.
    36. Julian Edelman, WR, NE - His relationship with Tom Brady on the field is reminiscent of the one that made Wes Welker an FF mainstay for many years.
    37. DeSean Jackson, WR, WAS - Jackson is still one of the best deep threats in the league even if Washington’s QB play hid that at times last year. If the offense even turns functional, he could flirt with WR1 numbers again.
    38. Torrey Smith, WR, BAL - Smith’s TD numbers are back, and the other Smith in Baltimore will likely have a smaller role - if he returns at all. He just turned 26, which doesn’t hurt.
    39. Josh Gordon, WR, CLE - Yes, Josh Gordon. He can rival some of the wide receivers in the top 10 on this list and he turns 24 this year. You could be left with magic beans in a year, but we also know that Gordon can be a stairway to FF heaven.

40. Marshawn Lynch, RB, SEA - Big eye of the beholder player here. Worth a 2015 rookie late first if you are in a championship window, but bottom could drop out at any moment. Could also be an FF RB1 for 2-3 more years and really belong in top 25 in hindsight.
    41. Cody Latimer, WR, DEN - Just like the other Denver receivers, the post-Peyton era looms, but I’m still a believer in Latimer’s stellar talent to come to the surface soon, and for a long time.
    42. Jordan Matthews, WR, PHI - The Eagles have maximized what Matthews has to offer in the Marques Colston role, but I still don’t see him as a fantasy WR1 in the future.
    43. Donte Moncrief, WR, IND - Moncrief’s inconsistency still bugs me, but the Colts love him and he has the best young quarterback in the game. Speculative value alone puts him here, but 2015 will be big for his dynasty stock.
    44. Lamar Miller, RB, MIA - Few took note, but Miller finished 2014 strong and he’s still just 24 years old. The Dolphins should be more encouraged to feed him this year.
    45. Andre Ellington, RB, ARI - Ellington came into 2014 hurt and only seemed to be getting healthier for a short part of 2014 before wearing down. This could make Bruce Arians more certain that he is not a feature back, but a healthy Ellington could revise that.

46. Giovani Bernard, RB, CIN - Bernard has lost a ton of value from the moment Jeremy Hill was drafted, but he’s still on the Brian Westbrook track and won’t be 24 until mid-season.
    47. Christine Michael, RB, SEA - Marshawn Lynch’s future remains cloudy in Seattle. Michael might be blocked for yet another year, but I remain a believer in the delayed gratification of what he’ll do once given the opportunity, whenever that comes.
    48. Isaiah Crowell, RB, CLE - Crowell’s considerable talent has been apparent to everyone, now he just needs to stay out of trouble and win over the new offensive staff. There’s some risk, but Crowell could easily be in the top 25 of this list by October.
    49. Alfred Morris, RB, WAS - I’m not sure what to do with Morris. He has low RB1 potential in a good offense, but lack of receiving numbers and the state of his franchise don’t exactly inspire confidence on a weekly basis.
    50. Cam Newton, QB, CAR - Newton weathered a lot in 2014. His FF future is still very bright as the only QB in the league who makes sense as his team’s #1 goal-line RB.
    51. Emmanuel Sanders, WR, DEN - His borderline WR1 status is attached to Peyton Manning, but he’ll still be a startable WR2/WR3 without Manning if he stays at his current level of play. His injury history and nondescript run in Pittsburgh causes pause.

52. Golden Tate, WR, DET - Tate showed out well in 2014, but his limited weekly upside with Calvin Johnson in lineup keeps him lower than level of play would dictate.
    53. Brandin Cooks, WR, NO - I’m not convinced Cooks will ever be clearly higher than Kenny Stills in the pecking order in New Orleans. I wasn’t blown away by his rookie performance, but I would guess many have him a lot higher.
    54. Allen Robinson, WR, JAX - Certainly flashed more than Marqise Lee, but Jacksonville offense hasn’t been fantasy wonderland. Could pay off if you’re patient.
    55. Jarvis Landry, WR, MIA - Landry doesn’t appear to have a high ceiling, but he was on a 100-catch pace in the second half last year and could become Miami’s Edelman/Welker, which would mean this ranking underestimates his PPR staying power.
    56. Tre Mason, RB, STL - Have to love his burst and offensive line personnel, but his weekly performance is prone to massive swings and could be rough if the Rams don’t find a QB soon.
    57. Doug Martin, RB, TB - Massive fall from grace for Martin over the last two years, but flashed at end of season and Bucs still seem to believe in him. Boom/bust dynasty commodity.

58. Jeremy Maclin, WR, PHI - Maybe top 40-45 if he stays in Philly, likely out of top 75 if he leaves. Not as good as production, but Eagles deep role is a juicy one for fantasy.
    59. Eric Decker, WR, NYJ - Decker doesn’t have WR1 potential until Jets get QB situation straightened out, but played like one once he was healthy. Great offseason buy low target.
    60. Kenny Stills, WR, NO - Big fan of Stills and he finished 2014 very strong, but pie is split at least 4 ways in New Orleans (no Cooks, banged up Graham while Stills was peaking on stat sheet), and it’s hard to know how the weekly target distribution will shake out with all hands on deck.
    61. Davante Adams, WR, GB - If Randall Cobb comes back, Adams is stuck on the James Jones path. If Cobb leaves, Adams moves up at least 20 spots. Inconsistent in 2014, but really came on in playoff win over Dallas.
    62. Russell Wilson, QB, SEA - Now that Wilson has been unleashed as a runner, his weekly upside can hang with the big boys. If Seahawks offensive philosophy ever changes or the defense degrades, watch out.
    63. Jordan Cameron, TE, FA - I *love* Cameron’s skillset for translation to fantasy, but his situation and long-term durability outlook are completely up in the air. Big movement coming to his dynasty stock no matter what happens. Boom/Bust.

64. Percy Harvin, WR, NYJ - Could be cut in the offseason, but still a very dynamic talent in his prime. Boom/bust dynasty play.
    65. Victor Cruz, WR, NYG - Devastating injury that had feel of one that takes away upside permanently, but others have defied odds, and Cruz is an outstanding natural talent. Boom/bust.
    66. Michael Crabtree, WR, FA - Fizzled out in San Francisco, but 100-catch potential if he can get edge back and land in decent offense in free agency. Boom/Bust.
    67. Matt Ryan, QB, ATL - Might not have elite QB1 upside, but steady eddie QB1 production in an offense that should improve under Kyle Shanahan.
    68. Drew Brees, QB, NO - Performance seemed to hint at oncoming decline at times in 2014, but numbers still in line with typical high QB1 performance and no reason to think that will change in 2015.
    69. Tom Brady, QB, NE - Was an elite fantasy QB once Gronk was healthy. Could have Favre-esque longevity.
    70. Dwayne Allen, TE, IND - Coby Fleener will continue to be a drag on Allen’s upside for now, but his talent for red zone dominance was obvious and numbers should only grow as Allen enters his age 25 season.

71. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, MIN - I can’t unsee his open field running ability. It might take until a second team to know whether Patterson is really only Devin Hester the second, and I understand if you don’t want to wait.
    72. Mark Ingram, RB, FA - Ingram is a one-dimensional fantasy back, but he could be given a larger role on a new team, and he was a borderline RB1 - even in PPR - in his role in New Orleans last year. Volatile commodity, but could turn out well for his owners.
    73. Jonathan Stewart, RB, CAR - Stewart finally looked like the back we thought he could become. Even with his injury history, the chance for Stewart to seize the Panthers backfield for the next three years.
    74. Latavius Murray, RB, OAK - Murray’s value could evaporate with a high RB pick by the Raiders, but right now it appears that he’ll get a shot to take over this backfield this season.
    75. Devonta Freeman, RB, ATL - A total roll of the dice, as the Falcons could easily draft or sign a better back, but if he gets a shot with Kyle Shanahan, Freeman’s no nonsense running style could rocket him up this list.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

guess i should feel good about having gronk and ODB in my dynasty....however, i just don't feel they should be 1 and 2. also, my next best player is marshall at 30.

doug martin is still making lists? why???

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    guess i should feel good about having gronk and ODB in my dynasty....however, i just don't feel they should be 1 and 2. also, my next best player is marshall at 30.

doug martin is still making lists? why???
    Boom/Bust at #57 is still a lot lower than he was last year.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

I'd rather have Charles Sims than Martin.

The more I look at this list, the worse it gets.

To have Luck behind any RB that has over 1000 carries is ridiculous. I'd rather have 10-15 years of the top QB than 2 or 3 more productive years for a RB. Yes, QB's are easy to find, but an elite QB is not.

Kelvin Benjamin at #34 seems low.

Lastly, where is the rookie class?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    I'd rather have Charles Sims than Martin.

The more I look at this list, the worse it gets.

To have Luck behind any RB that has over 1000 carries is ridiculous. I'd rather have 10-15 years of the top QB than 2 or 3 more productive years for a RB. Yes, QB's are easy to find, but an elite QB is not.

Kelvin Benjamin at #34 seems low.

Lastly, where is the rookie class?
    I am sure this will get updated, first with free agent signings and than after the draft.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Not loving DeMarco Murray at 13 tbh. One healthy season in a contract year where he carried the ball almost 400 times, going to be all downhill from here.