Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Forget who Wins the Game...its about Will New England get hosed by the REFS?

This is a fair question in my estimation..as much as I despise New England right now...I want a fair and square match. When the public become aware of favoritism displayed toward a certain team..refs tend to overcompensate...happens in the NBA every night. We saw it in the NFC 2nd round..when Dez Bryant's catch was taken away..clearly payback for screwing the Lions over the previous week..

Folks...the real prop bet of tommorrow night should be how the game is called..number of flags that go against the New England..number of breaks they get...because with all of the public now firmly on the look out for any funny business in regards to New England, Brady, Balls, etc....the refs may very well have been told to be as tight and rigid...as possible with how they call the game for the PATS compared to how they call it for the Seahawks...

If New England is to win tomorrow night..they have to do it straight up..no flags, no imaginary bogus calls, no tuck rule, no trickery, no clock tricks...The NFL, all 31 other owners, the public, the entire world will be watching New England very intently...If Brady and New England pull this one off...that in itself must be applauded regardless of how you feel about him, Bellicheat, Kraft or the team...because I suspect tomorrow nights game will be as rigid and as by the book a game will be probably in the history of the Superbowl....New England against the world tomorrow folks!!!!!!!!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

^
    Nobody is getting hosed by anyone tommorrow.
    Seattle is the dirtier team, so if the game is going to be called like you think it is, edge New England.

Deflate-gate is a non story made out to be major story by the media.
    Slowest news cycle in months, the media took a running a red light misdemeanor and made it into a 23 person murder spree by a serial killer.

The media treated slightly deflated footballs more of a crime than what Ray Lewis did.
    Points Awarded:

lou9093 gave stevenash 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    Nobody is getting hosed by anyone tommorrow.
    Seattle is the dirtier team, so if the game is going to be called like you think it is, edge New England.

Deflate-gate is a non story made out to be major story by the media.
    Slowest news cycle in months, the media took a running a red light misdemeanor and made it into a 23 person murder spree by a serial killer.

The media treated slightly deflated footballs more of a crime than what Ray Lewis did.
    Well this is all slightly off topic...but New England being cheaters is an old story..history repeats....if there were no history behind it..it would have been ignored..the fact that the national media is behind it means one thing...someone is out to embarrass New England...and this may very well extend to what happens on the field...

KnownUnknown
    KnownUnknown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2061

I doubt it- too much media.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    This is a fair question in my estimation..as much as I despise New England right now...I want a fair and square match. When the public become aware of favoritism displayed toward a certain team..refs tend to overcompensate...happens in the NBA every night. We saw it in the NFC 2nd round..when Dez Bryant's catch was taken away..clearly payback for screwing the Lions over the previous week..

Folks...the real prop bet of tommorrow night should be how the game is called..number of flags that go against the New England..number of breaks they get...because with all of the public now firmly on the look out for any funny business in regards to New England, Brady, Balls, etc....the refs may very well have been told to be as tight and rigid...as possible with how they call the game for the PATS compared to how they call it for the Seahawks...

If New England is to win tomorrow night..they have to do it straight up..no flags, no imaginary bogus calls, no tuck rule, no trickery, no clock tricks...The NFL, all 31 other owners, the public, the entire world will be watching New England very intently...If Brady and New England pull this one off...that in itself must be applauded regardless of how you feel about him, Bellicheat, Kraft or the team...because I suspect tomorrow nights game will be as rigid and as by the book a game will be probably in the history of the Superbowl....New England against the world tomorrow folks!!!!!!!!
    i had some similar points.. namely that Goodell could not afford to have the Pats win here.
    The message to the public and especially kids, is that "Cheating helps. Do it."

..and that can't happen. This all happened on GOODELL's watch,
    and HE was the guy who burned all of the evidence from Spygate. (quite sure he regrets that move)

but i think he never in a million years thought that a major Belichik cheating scandal would arise again,
    if he just cut the Kraft that break by burning everything, so that it could never resurface again.

My guess is.. that in his mind that was 'an arrangement' between the Patriots and himself.

"Look here Kraft/Belichik. I agree to burn all the tapes and everything else i found out.
    But you
    guys agree to stay clean from this point onward.. okay?"

"you guys are a really good team, you don't need it anyway."

While i do not think it was agreed to openly as such, i do believe that it was a show of good faith,
    and in cheating again... Belichik violated the terms of that agreement in Goodell's mind.

and in doing so, turned Goodell against him. or at least, Goodell will no longer shield
    Belichik from the ire of all the other honest owners.

That said, i think that Goodell will take away some of Belichik known tricks,
    and that the Patriots will NOT enjoy the luxury of receiving the calls that they normally do.

• What we can be sure of, is that if the Patriots lose, they will cry foul..
    "it was lies.. Belichik was set up to look like a cheater".... "those balls were planted"

i can hear it all already

wonder what Bill Nye would say about the refs: