Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

a little worried about Pats to be honest..

want to see how this shakes out in coming 1-3 days
    see if it cools down
    worried about any potential affect on Pats
    may hedge the futures bets
    no decision yet

Pill Gates
    Pill Gates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10831

i feel the same way i took the pats to win the superbowl on the saturday before the conference games.
    I was pretty confident the pats would beat the seahawks i was going with the Brady will do what Manning couldn't angle..
    now im having major doubts with all this controversy going on.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

If anything this brings them closer..makes them angrier

Snowball

stick around
    have to keep thinking this
    i am not adding
    see how it shakes out

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Pats are the type of team that will be motivated and not distracted by this. If anything, they will be out to prove they do not need deflated balls to win the title. Does it improve their chances? I wouldnt say that, but I do not think it hurts them at all. SpyGate was 2007 and one of the best season in NFL history
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: aston

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

aston
    aston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3658

Bloody hell the score was 45-07 does not matter any football on earth and the pats would have won easy vs the colts...i understand if the pats won by 3 or 7 points but not by almost 40 points!!

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12906

Quote Originally Posted by SmittyZ28 View Post
    Pats are the type of team that will be motivated and not distracted by this. If anything, they will be out to prove they do not need deflated balls to win the title. Does it improve their chances? I wouldnt say that, but I do not think it hurts them at all. SpyGate was 2007 and one of the best season in NFL history
    Have you read the Boston papers today??? Unfortunately the sports writers are all over Belicheck, very unusual. They used to stick up for the guy. Now they are saying he should be suspended??? A little drastic don't you think. This whole thing is way out of proportion. The NFL better make a statement today to "shut" this off or they are going to ruin their own "show".

Indeep
    Indeep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3292

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Have you read the Boston papers today??? Unfortunately the sports writers are all over Belicheck, very unusual. They used to stick up for the guy. Now they are saying he should be suspended??? A little drastic don't you think. This whole thing is way out of proportion. The NFL better make a statement today to "shut" this off or they are going to ruin their own "show".
    This scandal hit at the worst possible time for the Patriots. The 2 week dead period leading up to the Super Bowl, where the sports media has absolutely nothing to talk about . I'm concerned as everyone else that the Pats won't get any calls in the Super Bowl, as the league looks to make an example of them, so I'm not sure I'm going to add anymore to what I already have on them.

We need some other NFL player to do something stupid to take the Pats off the clock for this. It should happen any minute now

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12906

Quote Originally Posted by Indeep View Post
    This scandal hit at the worst possible time for the Patriots. The 2 week dead period leading up to the Super Bowl, where the sports media has absolutely nothing to talk about . I'm concerned as everyone else that the Pats won't get any calls in the Super Bowl, as the league looks to make an example of them, so I'm not sure I'm going to add anymore to what I already have on them.

We need some other NFL player to do something stupid to take the Pats off the clock for this. It should happen any minute now
    Maybe, that would help. I still think the NFL needs to end this today, one way or the other. I mean, I really don't think the whole thing is a big deal, I suppose they need something to write about.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by SmittyZ28 View Post

Dont you have to win a Super Bowl to be considered "one of the best seasons in NFL history?"

BeanTownClown88

Rules state the refs test balls 2 hrs n 15 mins before game time..then the balls stay with NFL equipment personnel, not a pats or colts equipment manager..how would somone on the team get to the balls? Think theres a higher chance of somone trying to sabotage the pats

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47440

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    Rules state the refs test balls 2 hrs n 15 mins before game time..then the balls stay with NFL equipment personnel, not a pats or colts equipment manager..how would somone on the team get to the balls? Think theres a higher chance of somone trying to sabotage the pats
    whatever helps you sleep at night you blind homer

BeanTownClown88

Facts help..the more appropriate narrative is..whatever helps you channel your internal hate and jealousy, roosterlicker

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    [/B]

Dont you have to win a Super Bowl to be considered "one of the best seasons in NFL history?"
    No.

indeed it was a great season. Lots of teams have great regular seasons and choke in the playoffs

(Atlanta Braves and Buffalo Bills)

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

you could say the Broncos had a great season this year too.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47440

Facts help..the more appropriate narrative is..whatever helps you channel your internal hate and jealousy, roosterlicker
    facts? how about numerous ways you guys have cheated or skirted the rules under Belicheat? There will forever be an asterisk under the Brady/Belicheck regime...even your local homer reporters are turning against him...wake up and smell the coffee, halfwit

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

The Patriots are cheaters. No matter what anyone says about the impact on the game or whatever, you have 12 balls checked by the officials 2 hrs before the game, after that they find that 11 of the 12 balls are now under-deflated and the colts footballs are 100% the way they were before. The Patriots tampered with the ball to get an "edge", even if it has no effect on the passing game, the ball being deflated helps ball carriers run the ball with less chance of it popping out on a fumble if someone tries to punch it loose. No matter what the Patriots cheated, i don't care what anyone says they are cheaters. The Patriots always have the inclination to cheat or to find ways to circumvent the rules in an unethical way.

Lets take a look at spy gate for instance, this morning CNN reported the only person to get fired was the camera man. The organization said the camera guy took it upon HIMSELF to film other teams practice, so nobody else was responsible, "the lone gunman theory"....As if some low level camera man cares enough about the team to tape other teams practices....he was not instructed to do so by anybody....it's almost laughable. The Patriots are liars and cheats, the whole organization. If push comes to shove there's no doubt in my mind they will end up pinning this on some equipment guy and say they knew nothing about it.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

If anything this brings them closer..makes them angrier
    lol.. moron

suuuuuuuuuure... being called cheaters wherever you go.. only inspires you to excel.

Brady KNEW those balls were inflated. He stated claims were SO RIDICULOUS
    he would not answer questions (huge cop out)

when you are guilty, and people are heckling, it DOES NOT SPUR CONFIDENCE

it just makes you want to run and hide.

New England Pats
    New England Pats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

BeanTownClown88

People keep forgetting the balls dont go back to the pats after an inspection..why would there be an inspection in the first place if that were the case...everyone doctors the footballs to an extent...ask the rest of the world who they hate...most say america..it just comes with being rich and successful...same goes for NFl..so trash me or w.e..u dont know me..ill tell you, id rather have the team own the grey areas of the rule book and win for 14 straight years than b a fan of some of your sorry ass organizations who cant make a conference final more than once every 7+ years..being called cheaters by some of the dweebs on here doesnt not hurt anyone on the patriots feelings whatsoever, sorry if that hurts to think about..pats going to play a great game, turn it off if you dont like it..just dont act like its better to be a packers or cowboys fan ..or a lions or broncos fan

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    The Patriots are cheaters. No matter what anyone says about the impact on the game or whatever, you have 12 balls checked by the officials 2 hrs before the game, after that they find that 11 of the 12 balls are now under-deflated and the colts footballs are 100% the way they were before. The Patriots tampered with the ball to get an "edge", even if it has no effect on the passing game, the ball being deflated helps ball carriers run the ball with less chance of it popping out on a fumble if someone tries to punch it loose. No matter what the Patriots cheated, i don't care what anyone says they are cheaters. The Patriots always have the inclination to cheat or to find ways to circumvent the rules in an unethical way.

Lets take a look at spy gate for instance, this morning CNN reported the only person to get fired was the camera man. The organization said the camera guy took it upon HIMSELF to film other teams practice, so nobody else was responsible, "the lone gunman theory"....As if some low level camera man cares enough about the team to tape other teams practices....he was not instructed to do so by anybody....it's almost laughable. The Patriots are liars and cheats, the whole organization. If push comes to shove there's no doubt in my mind they will end up pinning this on some equipment guy and say they knew nothing about it.
    this is what i expect. guy gets 200k under table to take fall and all this goes away

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonae101 View Post
    this is what i expect. guy gets 200k under table to take fall and all this goes away
    this is what we need, and bad. I believe coach Bill didn't know about it. Those who say Bill was behind this
    are not being fair to him. It is entirely likely that Bill is totally innocent. Tom, well, less likely that he didn't know.
    This is why we need a scapegoat, whether the scapegoat actually did it or not, someone has to take the blame
    so this can be moved on. My suspiscion is that a fall guy is in place because Brady, not the NFL, moved up his
    press conference from tomorrow to 4pm today. If for some reason there is not, then without a declared penalty, as the NFL should have penalties written down if they are going to have rules then there needs to be a punishment for breaking the rule. Once again Goodell is inept because there is no declared punishment - it can be anything.
    Between the Krafts and Gisele offshore connections, it would be simple to arrange hush money.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

You know what they say about teams that are repeatedly caught cheating? They say you have to look at the organization as a whole. Look at every single person running that team. Not all are cheaters and bad people, but the ones in charge make it look bad for everyone associated with the team, even their fans. I'm glad I'm not a Patriots fan or I would be forced to look in the mirror and ask myself if I should continue aligning with cheating bastards. Boy oh boy am I glad I'm not a Patriots fan, talk about egg on your face.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by TankHankerous View Post
    You know what they say about teams that are repeatedly caught cheating? They say you have to look at the organization as a whole. Look at every single person running that team. Not all are cheaters and bad people, but the ones in charge make it look bad for everyone associated with the team, even their fans. I'm glad I'm not a Patriots fan or I would be forced to look in the mirror and ask myself if I should continue aligning with cheating bastards. Boy oh boy am I glad I'm not a Patriots fan, talk about egg on your face.
    I still don't see it as CHEATING when a qb prefers to be able to hold a ball that is not hard as a rock
    and slick as a banana peel. To me it's just another example of how the NFL front office sucks. Let the
    players use balls they like. YOLO.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I still don't see it as CHEATING when a qb prefers to be able to hold a ball that is not hard as a rock
    and slick as a banana peel. To me it's just another example of how the NFL front office sucks. Let the
    players use balls they like. YOLO.
    Lol I know you're a Pats fan but the ball has to be the same for everyone. That's like saying a basketball in one game can have one amount of psi and another ball a different pressure level. Every sport pretty much has the same ball for every game, baseball, tennis, hockey has regulation on the pucks, same for basketball. Football wouldn't be different.

Edit:
    And btw the football CAN be anywhere from 12.5 to 13.5 psi so if you want it hard you can inflate to 13.5 if you want it softer you can pump it to 12.5, so you can adjust the ball how you like to a point, but going beyond that point after it's been inspected is clearly cheating.
    Last edited by Luckycharms2012; 01-22-15 at 11:13 AM.

Snowball

12.5 is still too hard. these are brand new balls. they should lower it to 10.5.
    i wonder what the history of this rule is ? if anyone can find out how long this
    rule of 12.5-13.5 has been in effect, post.

New England Pats
    New England Pats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    Lol I know you're a Pats fan but the ball has to be the same for everyone. That's like saying a basketball in one game can have one amount of psi and another ball a different pressure level. Every sport pretty much has the same ball for every game, baseball, tennis, hockey has regulation on the pucks, same for basketball. Football wouldn't be different.
    Ever since the league noticed that it was becoming a predominantly passing-based league they changed the rule to each team being allowed to touch up their own footballs. Preferences by each team and player (quarterback, kickers, specialty team players, etc.) were then found and there is a range in pressure that is allowed by the NFL. Not all the footballs are the same like you're suggesting, but they definitely fall within a range. Punishable, yes. But the way this story has grown over the past few days is unfathomable. I want to start focusing on what should be a great game in 10 days.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    you could say the Broncos had a great season this year too.
    There is a big difference between having a great season, and having one of the greatest seasons in NFL history.

SmittyZ28

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    [/B]

16-1 is one of the best seasons ever because 17-0 would have been the best season in history. My two cents

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!

Remember when the Giants bitch slapped the Patriots in the Soup Bowl, so awesome.

SmittyZ28

Also, to ask for the rare honest answer post here at SBR...

If Tom and Bill were the QB and Headcoach of your NFL home team, would you even be mad?

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!

Cheaters never prosper.

SmittyZ28

Quote Originally Posted by TankHankerous View Post
    Remember when the Giants bitch slapped the Patriots in the Soup Bowl, so awesome.

hahaha, didn't you know Tyree's helmet was purposefully dented during half time? And that ball definitely had some glue on it. I want an investigation!!!

Snowball

Coach Bill and Tom both did great with their press appearances today.
    fears somewhat eased.
    still waiting on NFL, though.

12 Last