TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

"Cheating" is only wrong if winning isn't your highest priority.

If win by any means necessary is your philosophy then "cheating" isn't considered wrong. Sometimes "cheating" is even used to win.

If Bill didn't want to be a winner, he would have became an altar boy or a friar instead.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

^
    If you ain't cheating you ain't trying.
    Points Awarded:

TankHankerous gave stevenash 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I'm a Giants fan, ask me what I think about the Pats.

Now, having said that, if the league, like you said, has a specific policy and rules regarding the psi and touching the footballs before game time, then what is the penalty for the violation?
    That's a good question. There is possible talk of suspensions and also big fine and possible number one draft choice. The NFL and Roger are delaying this till after the Super Bowl. Can't ruin the game with all the Millions to be made so decision will be coming afterwards. Also, because of the closeness of Roger and Kraft and the CODE,who knows, could be minimized not to hurt the image which is tarnished already. Spygate cost them $500k and one draft choice. It's a shame we are even talking about this BUT THIS IS BILL.
    Ex players even said he would pick up cut players from their conference opponents to pick up intel on the team. Kid you not. Guy is very smart. Loved his science lesson on ball pressure on the weekend after he said he knows nothing and then this week scientists are all coming out on TV and disputing it. Many gullible people on here believe that shit and now we find someone has been tampering with the balls.

stevenash

^
    There is no penalty on the books for tampering with the ball.

Boomer Esiason made a good statement the other day.
    Boomer said in the first half Brady threw the ball terribly.
    He underthrew Vereen in the first half, he undethrew badly to Edelman, it was a wounded duck.
    Brady didn't start throwing lights out until the second half, with the so called real balls.

boomer62

And Troy Aikman ,Mark Brunnel, and a few others think Brady cheated and lied because it is easier to grip,throw ,catch and not fumble as much. And mant think this has been going on for awhile and leave it at that!

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

^
    There is no penalty on the books for tampering with the ball.

Boomer Esiason made a good statement the other day.
    Boomer said in the first half Brady threw the ball terribly.
    He underthrew Vereen in the first half, he undethrew badly to Edelman, it was a wounded duck.
    Brady didn't start throwing lights out until the second half, with the so called real balls.
    You are still debating about the effects of breaking said rule.

It's a rule. So you follow it.

Do gold cleats have any measurable advantage? No, but there is still a rule and a penalty attached to it.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    You are still debating about the effects of breaking said rule.

It's a rule. So you follow it.

Do gold cleats have any measurable advantage? No, but there is still a rule and a penalty attached to it.
    And another that is missing my point.
    My point is, if there are specific rules and policies in place, how specific could they be if there in no penalty attached to the said rule.

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

I was an equipment manager back in college when phil Hansen and bus Bradley played together and the Golden Rule was you do not touch any personal items unless told to by the players.

When cleaning the helmets if the inner bladder felt like it needed air you do not take it upon yourself to fill it- you can bring it to their attention it feels low but some players waited to adjust only on game days.

Second rule was you do not modify any equipment that does not meet requirements-even if a player asked. Any modifications that were within rules had to come from the head coach

this was taken very seriously(primarily from liability standpoint) at the then DII level.

Does anyone really think a ballboy is just going to act on his own 1) during the AFC championship and 2) have any inkling of pissing off not only Golden Boy but arguably the harshest coach at the highest stress point of the season

the joke of it all is tom brady should have been the first person spoken to not placed in line until after the superbowl

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    And Troy Aikman ,Mark Brunnel, and a few others think Brady cheated and lied because it is easier to grip,throw ,catch and not fumble as much. And mant think this has been going on for awhile and leave it at that!
    Up until 2006 all the balls were not even allowed out of the Wilson box until game time.
    It wasn't until 2006 after Peyton Manning and others complained we can't get a good grip on the ball out of the box, too slick, too shiny, then the league changed that.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

And another that is missing my point.
    My point is, if there are specific rules and policies in place, how specific could they be if there in no penalty attached to the said rule.
    Was there a specific penalty in place for taping signals? Beating your wife? You are really reaching man.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    I was an equipment manager back in college when phil Hansen and bus Bradley played together and the Golden Rule was you do not touch any personal items unless told to by the players.

When cleaning the helmets if the inner bladder felt like it needed air you do not take it upon yourself to fill it- you can bring it to their attention it feels low but some players waited to adjust only on game days.

Second rule was you do not modify any equipment that does not meet requirements-even if a player asked. Any modifications that were within rules had to come from the head coach

this was taken very seriously(primarily from liability standpoint) at the then DII level.

Does anyone really think a ballboy is just going to act on his own 1) during the AFC championship and 2) have any inkling of pissing off not only Golden Boy but arguably the harshest coach at the highest stress point of the season

the joke of it all is tom brady should have been the first person spoken to not placed in line until after the superbowl
    And then there was Jets kicker Nick Lowry who told the Patriot ball boy to scuff the ball up some, it's rock hard.
    To which the ball boy said to Lowry, "go fuk yourself, I don't work for you jackass"
    Lowry proceeded to violently open hand slap the ball boy across the face.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/12/11/sp...-ball-boy.html

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    Was there a specific penalty in place for taping signals? Beating your wife? You are really reaching man.
    Beating your wife is a domestic charge.
    Different levels, depending on the situation felony or misdemeanor.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Banning Belicheat for life from NFL shouldn't be out of the question. This is a man who ordered 11 NFL balls to be deflated on the way from the refs locker to the field while leaving one ball with proper air pressure trying to undermine the greatest sport's on earth integrity.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Banning Belicheat for life from NFL shouldn't be out of the question. This is a man who ordered 11 NFL balls to be deflated on the way from the refs locker to the field while leaving one ball with proper air pressure trying to undermine the greatest sport's on earth integrity.
    he needs to be extradited too from the USA!

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

This is the worst media build up to an nfl super bowl I've seen. Everyday it's deflategat

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Pavy has lost his mind...let's issue an alert...tank and Nash are the only ones I've seen that understand the situation...pavy do you think I'm a bad person bc I use a family members grocery store membership to get the senior citizen discount? What is the punishment for that?

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    Pavy has lost his mind...let's issue an alert...tank and Nash are the only ones I've seen that understand the situation...pavy do you think I'm a bad person bc I use a family members grocery store membership to get the senior citizen discount? What is the punishment for that?
    you need to be sent to a maximum security prison!

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

How come no one is actually thinking this through? Its not even confirmed that the refs even measured the balls in the first place..would mean that the pats didnt order them to do anything

stevenash

hen Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson intercepted a pass in the first half of Sunday's game, he had plenty of reasons to keep that football. After all, it happened during the AFC Championship Game.Tom Brady threw it. And it was his first postseason pick of a nine-year career.

One reason he didn't keep it? Air pressure.
    "I wanted that ball as a souvenir!" Jackson told NFL Media during a phone conversation Thursday.
    Eventually, Jackson hopes he will indeed get the football back. But for now, it remains in the possession of the NFL, which is investigating whether the Patriots deliberately deflated the ball to gain an advantage.
    Until Jackson gets it back, though, he at least wants to make something very clear: He did not intend to prompt the investigation. Jackson says he actually did not even know the ball was taken or that the controversy existed until he was being driven home from the team's charter plane after the Colts had arrived in Indianapolis.
    "I wouldn't know how that could even be an advantage or a disadvantage," Jackson said. "I definitely wouldn't be able to tell if one ball had less pressure than another."
    Jackson also said he holds no bitter feelings toward the Patriots -- nor does he feel his team was cheated -- if indeed New England deliberately deflated the footballs.
    "It wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game," Jackson said. "They outplayed us. We didn't match their intensity. I don't feel slighted at all personally. They created turnovers, they ran the ball on us. They won that game because of their intensity -- not the pressure of a football."
    Jackson does, however, recall one interesting moment during the first half that has something to do with the latest controversy. He recalls, during a television timeout, there was an especially long delay that prompted him to approach an official.

The game official mentioned something about their efforts to locate a usable football. Shortly after, Jackson noticed that the Patriots were using the Colts' footballs late in the first half. Jackson said it was odd to him that New England couldn't find a football to use, especially in the AFC Championship Game.
    But he never understood that what he was witnessing what would indeed be the beginnings of a controversy that has engulfed the sports world since.
    "I mean, Anderson Cooper asked my agent if I could come on his show," Jackson said. "I'm honored that he wants to talk to me, I guess, but I really just wanted my souvenir from a special accomplishment in my career."

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000462340/Darlington-D-Qwell-Jackson-could-not-tell-difference-in-air-pressure

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...n-air-pressure

boomer62

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    How come no one is actually thinking this through? Its not even confirmed that the refs even measured the balls in the first place..would mean that the pats didnt order them to do anything
    I'm amazed how pathetically dumb and in denial the Pats fans are. Come on we are talking about Belichick here. Have you been watching ESPN and the cable shows with so many ex players coming out against this and the lying going on. They care about the integrity of the game. Come on people wake up. This is stupid but you see what happens when you lie and cover things up.Please this is the world we live in now. No morals anymore.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    Among the toughest things to do in business,is to check the work of someone who never makes an error..Here is what happened to the footballs!
    A mistake was made in filling the balls and the OFFICIALS approved the balls as they have done for years, WITHOUT really checking them,thinking that for years they have never found a problem!

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Yes, a mistake was made filling 11 out of 12 footballs, that's what happened,lol

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonae101 View Post
    Yes, a mistake was made filling 11 out of 12 footballs, that's what happened,lol

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

No way of proving this that its Patriots fault....

How can the officials that handle the ball before every single play - didn't notice this? Patriots ran 76 plays and notice just "one ball under inflated?"

stevenash

Anybody who uses this deflate-gate thing as an angle to bet the Seahwawks needs to turn in their gambling card and take up checkers.
    No way does this effect the way the Patriots play on the field Sunday.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Belichik coaches the right way..hes like a CEO. He's 100x better than Payton, Harbaugh, Carrol, Pagano, McCarthy all put together..sorry just some actual facts

stevenash

^
    Just don't lose sight of the fact that even though Belichick is an all time great, without Parcells, he's not even in the game this week.
    Parcells made Belichick, just remember, Belichick was fired and nobody was going to give him another shot anytime soon, except Parcells.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

mcdaniels is the pats secret weapon

stevenash

^
    He ain't Parcells, but yeah, there is a reason Belichick won't let McDaniels interview.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-03-15 at 04:44 PM. Reason: image does not exist

First ... 6789