LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Jack Del Rio to Be Named Head Coach of the Raiders

In a front office clash, the Davis family always wins.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Raiders are expected to name Broncos DC Jack Del Rio their new head coach on Wednesday.

Raiders brass came to a decision Tuesday night. There were reports owner Mark Davis wanted Del Rio to be the new coach, while GM Reggie McKenzie wanted to ride it out with Tony Sparano for another season. Davis always wins in that situation. Del Rio is from Southern California and has previous HC experience.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Oh boy this gets me filled with hope smh

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

decent move

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

good move

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

The raiders always with weak moves. Del rio can take you to a certain level but not above

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Agree with LB here! Just another retread who's a .500 lifer and not much in regards to postseason success either. After the Harbaugh deal never emerged I was kind of hoping for someone to push the envelope a bit.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Good fit for Raiders. Team has no stadium to play at and bad ownership. He will be gone in a couple years to a better team.

lakerboy

As an nfl fan sad to see the raiders in this state.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

No stadium to play at? Why cause it's not Disneyland with a heated seats and a strip mall lol? I love the stadium it's old school football (the gridiron) and way football is supposed to look and be experienced. Wish we didn't share it with the A's though!k

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    No stadium to play at? Why cause it's not Disneyland with a heated seats and arcade lol? I love the stadium it's old school football (the gridiron) and way football is supposed to look and be experienced. Wish we didn't share it with the A's though!
    They don't own it..just lease it. They need to build a stadium and own it to make money. Look at Cowboys. After they built their own stadium they make the playoffs every year. Falcons will be there in a few years when the new stadium is owned by the team. That's how business works.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Back to back ex Broncos D coordinators to the Raiders?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jacke D tremendous pick up but just for Oakland

His toughness could help

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13110

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    No stadium to play at? Why cause it's not Disneyland with a heated seats and a strip mall lol? I love the stadium it's old school football (the gridiron) and way football is supposed to look and be experienced. Wish we didn't share it with the A's though!k
    Nothing worse in the modern world than watching an NFL team playing on a baseball diamond, that sucks !!! I mean really RP, "Come ON Man"

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13110

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    In a front office clash, the Davis family always wins.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Raiders are expected to name Broncos DC Jack Del Rio their new head coach on Wednesday.

Raiders brass came to a decision Tuesday night. There were reports owner Mark Davis wanted Del Rio to be the new coach, while GM Reggie McKenzie wanted to ride it out with Tony Sparano for another season. Davis always wins in that situation. Del Rio is from Southern California and has previous HC experience.
    Poor Jack. I like the guy but the JAX team wouldn't give him anything to work with, and the Raiders are worse. LOL.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Elway knew this was going to happen... that's probably why Fox got canned too. Just wanted a new complete coaching staff.

Jack has had opportunities in this league... he hasn't showed me anything. Jack just wanted to get paid more. He's not a superior head coach.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Del Rio is horrible! Indy had trouble all year picking up blitzes with their O-line but he rushed 4 well into the 4th quarter before he started blitzing. If you blitz more then they can't double Von Miller or Ware every play. He's clueless. He allowed Flacco to hit a 70 yd bomb with 30 seconds left in 2013. I still don't know why they didn't have more people deep on that play? When has anyone hit a 70 yard bomb w/30 sec left? Never!!! He's horrible. He had this bright idea to swing an axe in the locker room when he was with Jax and some numnut almost cut his leg off with it....he's beyond bad

lakerboy

I didn't know the cowboys make the playoffs every year. Pavy teaching us new things everyday.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Personally I think it's a good fit and will make an impact on the defensive side of the ball.

It's not like higher end coaches are fighting over the Raider coaching position.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah we need a new stadium I guess. Sometimes I forget this is just a business nowadays and $ trumps everything.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

And it seems john fox going to bears.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The Raiders need a new city. The Raiders have the worst home attendance in the NFL. Okaland is the Arsehole of the State of California. Upper level management is too worried about where they are going to play in the next 5 years than the talent on the current team.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

LT is it true Gary Kubiak new head coach of Denver?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    LT is it true Gary Kubiak new head coach of Denver?
    I have heard that he is the favorite, but they have not even interviewed yet. Kubiak had said he was staying in Baltimore, but that was before Fox was fired.

LT Profits

The Broncos will seek permission to interview Ravens OC Gary Kubiak for their head coaching vacancy.

Kubiak announced Sunday that he would be staying with the Ravens as their offensive coordinator for 2015. But perhaps he could be swayed by the vast talent in Denver and a chance to go back to his roots. Kubiak played for the Broncos from 1983-91 and was an assistant coach there from 1995-05.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    The Broncos will seek permission to interview Ravens OC Gary Kubiak for their head coaching vacancy.

Kubiak announced Sunday that he would be staying with the Ravens as their offensive coordinator for 2015. But perhaps he could be swayed by the vast talent in Denver and a chance to go back to his roots. Kubiak played for the Broncos from 1983-91 and was an assistant coach there from 1995-05.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    What vast talent? They lost to the Colts for Christ's sake!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

John Fox better fit for Chicago anyways. Reminds me a lot like how Carolina was with Jake Delhomme. Fox will fit right in.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4973

Decent move.

For the Raiders

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

I hate hiring retreads, it almost never works. Let's take a coordinator that was a good coordinator and a failure of a HC, and hire him as a HC because he went back to being a good coordinator. So now all of a sudden he gets it?? Del Rio will fail, Kubiak will fail. Actually Del Rio has had success when given a decent QB, there's a small chance he'll get it right if Bowl Cut can stay out of affairs long enough.

It takes a specific skill set to be a good HC. If you show you can't hack it, you don't get to be a top candidate anymore. No more "Mike Brown's name is being tossed around the front office". Enough already.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The Raiders need a new city. The Raiders have the worst home attendance in the NFL. Okaland is the Arsehole of the State of California. Upper level management is too worried about where they are going to play in the next 5 years than the talent on the current team.
    You live in the gay section of LA, what you talking about arsehole of Cali when you take it up the @ss yourself you h0m0

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

The Raiders would be no different than the Jags era football led by Del Rio.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19327

Seems like a retread hire. In JAX he would give the ball to Blaine Gabbert in critical situations instead of Mojo Drew

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Rather roll with Sparano.

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

terrible, another mediocre move for another bad season ahead. time to make bank off the raiders!

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Rather roll with Sparano.
    Yes, I side with GM McKenzie here, the Raiders actually showed sings of a pulse after they hired Sparano, I would have kept him just to see what happens.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

I know Jack has had his issues in the past, but i think he makes his mark here, as long as he has the support of ownership and full rein.

12 Last