MMA Fan
    MMA Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Why Isn't Everyone Pounding New England To Win AFC(-106) and Super Bowl(+343)?

Is this a case where past post-season upsets are making people gunshy to take the obvious result? Baltimore, Denver, and Indianapolis are not good enough to go into Foxboro and win. New England is better than they have been in many years defensively and they are elite offensively with a healthy Gronk. They have demonstrated absolutely no weaknesses at home this year. They even were a dropped pass away from beating Green Bay in Green Bay, so they've shown they can hang in the hardest environment.

You're getting near even money for them to beat Baltimore and Indy or Denver at home. They've handled two of the three teams, and people are worried about Baltimore because of the past and not from any evidence demonstrated by the 2014 NFL season. What's not to love?

Seattle may beat New England in the Super Bowl, but it's certainly worth the +343 price you're getting on New England. You could hedge if you have doubts on Super Bowl week.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

have Pats to win AFC and Superbowl
    and won't hedge unless I'm give a reason to.

thezzzone
    thezzzone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I know even Betty Crocker burns the odd cake but I'd be just a tad worried about how the Chiefs totally SHELLACKED them 41-14 in KC. They held Brady to under 175 yds passing and 2 picks. They were dominated physically, Its one of the reasons I think Baltimore might bury them this week. I expect Baltimore to bring the pain. Brady isn't going to enjoy this weekend much. Win or Lose.

Yes it was back at the end of Sept. and they haven't had a stinker since but still, the Chiefs?

The Superbowl is not a home game. Seattle took it on the chin from the Cowboys also but the Cowboys ain't the Chiefs.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12894

Quote Originally Posted by MMA Fan View Post
    Is this a case where past post-season upsets are making people gunshy to take the obvious result? Baltimore, Denver, and Indianapolis are not good enough to go into Foxboro and win. New England is better than they have been in many years defensively and they are elite offensively with a healthy Gronk. They have demonstrated absolutely no weaknesses at home this year. They even were a dropped pass away from beating Green Bay in Green Bay, so they've shown they can hang in the hardest environment.

You're getting near even money for them to beat Baltimore and Indy or Denver at home. They've handled two of the three teams, and people are worried about Baltimore because of the past and not from any evidence demonstrated by the 2014 NFL season. What's not to love?

Seattle may beat New England in the Super Bowl, but it's certainly worth the +343 price you're getting on New England. You could hedge if you have doubts on Super Bowl week.
    Because they won't, that's why. BB and his " Rules of Engagement". If it doesn't work, keep doing it. :2004 baby.

MMA Fan

Quote Originally Posted by thezzzone View Post
    I know even Betty Crocker burns the odd cake but I'd be just a tad worried about how the Chiefs totally SHELLACKED them 41-14 in KC. They held Brady to under 175 yds passing and 2 picks. They were dominated physically, Its one of the reasons I think Baltimore might bury them this week. I expect Baltimore to bring the pain. Brady isn't going to enjoy this weekend much. Win or Lose.

Yes it was back at the end of Sept. and they haven't had a stinker since but still, the Chiefs?

The Superbowl is not a home game. Seattle took it on the chin from the Cowboys also but the Cowboys ain't the Chiefs.
    When New England started this season, they were babying Gronkowski and their offensive line was still effected by trading Mankins. They have come together and haven't shown any chinks in their armor, especially at home. Baltimore is not a defensive powerhouse anymore, and they are not high-powered enough on offense to keep up with New England. The two times in the playoffs Baltimore won in New England, there were circumstances that greatly benefited Baltimore, such as Gronkowski getting hurt and Wes Welker not playing. There is no saving grace for Baltimore this time around. New England is better and Baltimore is worse than the times they've played in the post-season.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: slacker00

thezzzone

WOW..Might be part of the reason New England is higher ranked and favoured..lol

No doubt at all that NE is the better team on paper this season. It's the playoffs now, no holds barred.

I still think they give em more than NE wants in the physicality department this week. You know that look that Brady gets when he's been beat-up in a game. It's like he's so mad he's gonna cry. I'm hoping to see that look.

(and I love the Pats and Brady--just not this year)

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Because Baltimore will beat them the weekend. Flaccid playing as well as any of these playoff QB's. Be very careful.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

lol autocorrect. Flacco

thezzzone

I gotta be honest here, the game against Pitts was the first time Flacco has played half-way decent in like 5 games. They don't even deserve to be in the way they played at home against Cleveland when they absolutely had to win. But they are in and they kicked the snot outta Pitts. in dominating fashion both sides of the ball. They do love playing NE. Should be fun to watch.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i think the Broncos might beat them.

usually the team that lost the first time wins the second time in these big time match ups

thats what i am hoping for atleast if it turns out to be Dallas @ Seattle for NFC Championship

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10218

I don't see how Seattle doesn't dominate any team out there defensely. The early part of the season they took heavy loses on the defensive and offensive lines. Needeless to say a lot of those missing pieces are in place. They lost a game in KC like Brady did as well, but they kept it close at least. I believe the Seahawks were the best team down the stretch home stretch the last half of the season.
    Dallas played them while those INJURIES were at a maximum.

Let's face it, the old regime is dead. While Brady is playing as well as anyone he still turns the ball over without great protection and can't create plays out of the pocket when the heat gets heavy. Pats will probably get to the superbowl since every AFC team is SOFT besides the Ravens. But Ravens secondary is decimated and Brady will pick them apart AS long as his offensive line can hold up. You gotta think Pats will try to wear out that defense early with screens and five step drops. If i were advising Ravens I'd say rotate lineman early and often to keep fresh for the 4th quarter. But only mystery is the Pats defense. With Revis and the emergence of good young linebackers youve got something there. But they dont have much of a pass rush without giving up a linebacker and that makes either the oppposing QB have all day or leaved the short passing game wide open. Even if you do bring pressure on Russell Wilson he will move out of the pocket enough to frustrate you. To add to this, Lynch is the best post-season running back since Terrell Davis. Unless he gets hurt, hes going to break you physicslly by requiring you to gang tackle him on every play.

thezzzone

[QUOTE=trobin31;23347193]
    Let's face it, the old regime is dead. While Brady is playing as well as anyone he still turns the ball over without great protection and can't create plays out of the pocket when the heat gets heavy. Pats will probably get to the superbowl since every AFC team is SOFT besides the Ravens. But Ravens secondary is decimated and Brady will pick them apart AS long as his offensive line can hold up. You gotta think Pats will try to wear out that defense early with screens and five step drops.

I HOPE Brady 5-step drops all day...he'll get killed. Its the 3-step drops and slants that worry me.

donkbetter
    donkbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1746

nw winds up to 20 mph on sat. In a game like this it would take away risky long balls. You think?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

Quote Originally Posted by donkbetter View Post
    nw winds up to 20 mph on sat. In a game like this it would take away risky long balls. You think?
    you can't predict the weather this far ahead in New England. Wind is nothing either.
    a 20 mph high gust on flat land is not afternoon protected by stadium.
    anyway, good luck. My opinion is Pats score upper 30s and cover by 10+.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

I'm a Peyton homer but I still think Denver has much more talent from A-Z than NE. The Broncos have more explosive WRs and CJ Anderson is real talent at RB plus Hillman did pretty well vs NE last game and could star in a Sproles type roll. The mystery is why Denver's D always falls apart in Foxboro? They have superior talent and speed all over the field with their defense. NE might have a slightly better secondary w/Revis but Talib, Harris, Roby aren't scrubs by any means.

thezzzone

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    I'm a Peyton homer but I still think Denver has much more talent from A-Z than NE. The Broncos have more explosive WRs and CJ Anderson is real talent at RB plus Hillman did pretty well vs NE last game and could star in a Sproles type roll. The mystery is why Denver's D always falls apart in Foxboro? They have superior talent and speed all over the field with their defense. NE might have a slightly better secondary w/Revis but Talib, Harris, Roby aren't scrubs by any means.
    CJ Anderson and Talib are STUDS!!

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

NE hasn't given up a second half TD while their starters have been playing since ...the Colts game I think. That's a miraculous stat and is a testament to not only how well BB can adjust, but highlights the defenses ability to fulfill the plan. Baltimore is a tough team but they haven't got enough to win..Pats would have to come out flat and with how hungry those guys are right now, I cant see that happening

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Beantown.... were the Patriots resting starters against Jets and Bills?

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Just bills...jets play tough generally against NE..can also see NE trying to pace themselves and just do enough to keep 1st place..hoping they come out hot tmrw

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by thezzzone View Post
    I gotta be honest here, the game against Pitts was the first time Flacco has played half-way decent in like 5 games. They don't even deserve to be in the way they played at home against Cleveland when they absolutely had to win. But they are in and they kicked the snot outta Pitts. in dominating fashion both sides of the ball. They do love playing NE. Should be fun to watch.
    seriously bro? Flaccid is one of the best QB in the league hands down

MMA Fan

I'll still flabbergasted that New England was near even money to win the AFC. They should have been like -200 or -250.

Congrats to everyone that got their free money on the AFC prop and will likely get a nice profit if you hedge or let it ride on the Super Bowl +340 prop

MMA Fan

How many cashed on this prop? New England was at +343 at the start of the playoffs. Crazy