BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    No he wont, but if you put some other qbs in Belicek's offense they would be successful also, probably not as successful as Tom because I do feel he's great, but still successful.

I just think Brady has a few intangibles that few have in sports today and they can't be quantified...He plays a near flawless game and its brutal on the opposing defenses..he still makes the throws, figures out which player to throw it to, changes plays at the line..everything we credit any other solid QB in the league for doing...Garrapolo looks like he has some skills, but he wont be TB12 unless he wins a SB in his first year or two.TB has been in the big moment too many times for it to be coincidence

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    I just think Brady has a few intangibles that few have in sports today and they can't be quantified...He plays a near flawless game and its brutal on the opposing defenses..he still makes the throws, figures out which player to throw it to, changes plays at the line..everything we credit any other solid QB in the league for doing...Garrapolo looks like he has some skills, but he wont be TB12 unless he wins a SB in his first year or two.TB has been in the big moment too many times for it to be coincidence
    I pretty much agree.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

If this is a shootout, take the Over.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: meader99

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Super Bowl preview.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

You get to have the Patriots and a field goal? and its +money? please tell me Im dreaming

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

Pats will probably find a way to win.
    They are the most reliable team in the NFL now.

BeanTownClown88

Would be sweet if pats win and start GB's snowball out of the playoffs if Det can win out

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

...if Det can win out

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Packers defense is swiss cheese and they still haven't beaten any decent competition unless you wan't to count Mark Sanchez, Patriots have a real shot to win this game outright.

Packers do this every year light up weak teams at Lambeau and then fail to step up against better competition.

I think the Patriots will win as they've beaten good competition and are more battle tested but ill be staying away from this game unless it moves to +3.5 or +4, much better options on the board.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Beantown take off your Patriots jersey for this discussion. I get that you're a fan but your bias is making you irrational here.

BeanTownClown88

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Beantown take off your Patriots jersey for this discussion. I get that you're a fan but your bias is making you irrational here.

How? GB ranks 3rd to last in the league in defending the run (Colts were 18th)..so what do you think the Pats will do? And it's not like NE has a scrub QB who can't convert third downs when needed and have tremendous punt and kick return game..the ball goes out of bounds less on kicks during cold weather btw.

Now factor in a defense built to defend not only the pass..but built to defend the game's most prolific passers and wr's..The spread is giving the team who can score at will free points..what am I missing?

Factor in who the Pats have beaten and all the nay-saying about how they'd perform against Denver, indy, and struggle to score on Detroit...NO Twizz..Not only will I leave my Brady jersey on..but I got the blinders on, the lucky underwear on, the Pats game day shirt under the jersey..I'm ready to slice n dice another shitty defense and not only cream another division leader, but hurt their feelings in the process. Don't be fade-able here, be smart

t-wizzle

And what if the Packers jump out to a lead? This isn't a team you can keep up with by running the ball. This also isn't the flimsy Broncos or Colts. Green Bay has the best offense in the league and it's not even really a debate.

For the record, I'm not a Pats hater. Brady goes down as a top 3 quarterback of all time and the best of his era. But Rodgers is the best now because of his mobility and the fact that he has the best arm in the game. Also, I took a future bet before the season on these two teams meeting in the Super Bowl at +3200 so obviously I think we're looking at the two best teams in football.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

This will be a good thread AFTER the game

BeanTownClown88

I will give credit where credit is due..but the Pats took over top scoring honors in the league last week against a top defense while GB surrendered it vs a crap team. Running the ball will beat GB if you can get 5 ypc or higher like the Pats should be able to do..GB may accumulate lots of yards between the 10 yard lines but inside the 10 the pats are way better than GB on defense not to mention we have gronk who you can try to double team.

Too many weapons, looks, possibilities on NE..GB doesnt scheme each week they just do their thing..GB wont look like the Gb you are used to watching vs Eagles Minnesota, Chicago and the other suck bag teams they've played. The last big game GB had was vs NO who is god awful and they lost..If the coach could make good game plans theres no way GB loses to NO

Can we all agree the Pats are better on offense in terms of ppg (and theyve done it vs great teams) and the Pats are better on defense?
    Basically GB needs a butt fumble, a helmet catch, and maybe Gronk to blow an acl to win this game..The Pats can play a B game and keep this close.GB needs an A+ game just to win

Just looked..NE leads GB in every offensive and every important defensive category

t-wizzle

Talent beats scheme in late season football. I think you are really underestimating the Packers and McCarthy for that matter. This game should humble you Pats fans.

BeanTownClown88

Scheme and talent has beaten talent all frickin year..you really think the pats dont score at will on GB?

You are underestimating NE..GB has played a few crappy teams over the past 4 or 5 weeks while NE has gone through the ringer..NE is already playing at the level needed to beat the top teams. The team with the easier schedule usually is in for a rude awakening when playing a team who has been smoking top ranked opponents.

You cant prepare the same way for the top team that you can for the bottom 5 team..but when you havent played a top 5 team, its hard to know what to expect
    Last edited by BeanTownClown88; 11-25-14 at 10:41 AM.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Seriously, Packers havent won against any good teams besides Eagles. They lost against all the good teams they faced; seattle/lions/saints?
    they went to the wire against dolphins, almost lost to jets, had a close game with vikings. Yea, they have dominated shitty teams.

Not sure how you dont take the Patriots here +3 just because who they have won against this year and their strength of schedule so far

t-wizzle

Honestly I might make Packers my biggest play of the year.

BeanTownClown88

Honestly I might make Packers my biggest play of the year.

And aren't these what everyone fades religiously on the forum? let us know if its a POY please

Your main premise was GB is #1 in scoring which is no longer true..and the Pats already dismantled your entire division, we should be 1st in two divisions honestly..You basically are taking GB under the reasoning that "its AR at home and he scores a lot there vs crap teams"

I'm at least presenting some facts, stats, ideas based on recent performances against the schedule. To go into NO and not have a plan that involves abusing their D line and lighting up the secondary is bush league coaching..Unless you think Baltimore is better than GB...I think Baltimore is better coached..GB is nothing special..they are a good team who cant play defense in a league where the champions play great defense.
    Last edited by BeanTownClown88; 11-25-14 at 10:54 AM.

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Just like last week when the Lions defense would shut the Patriots down? And the fact that everyone told you the Lions were hopeless on the road against good competition and you basically told everyone that meant nothing to you, how did that work out for you?

The Packers haven't beaten any decent competition that's a fact.

Good luck with your bet! I think this game is too dangerous for me to play so you have big balls to be betting your biggest bet of the year against Brady and Belichick, the home advantage could definetly see your bet winning but the Packers defense is suspect to me but the Patriots are probably due for a loss.

I just don't trust the Packers defense against good teams, i can't see them doing anything in the post season and their offense can't function properly against cover 2.
    Last edited by Scottish; 11-25-14 at 11:10 AM.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Two equally talented offenses. So comes down to defense and coaching. Browner jamming nelson with safety help over top and revis on Cobb. Who does Rodgers throw to? Belichick vs mike McCarthy is mismatch. NE +3 gift like + points vs Denver and Indy. NE won't lose another game the rest of the way only true morons can't see it.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    Seriously, Packers havent won against any good teams besides Eagles. They lost against all the good teams they faced; seattle/lions/saints?
    they went to the wire against dolphins, almost lost to jets, had a close game with vikings. Yea, they have dominated shitty teams.

Not sure how you dont take the Patriots here +3 just because who they have won against this year and their strength of schedule so far
    They lost to all those teams on the road. As for the Dophins and Jets, didn't the Pats struggle with those same Jets and lose outright to those same Dolphins?

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Sorry Pats fan, I'm a Brady fan and love how the Pats play. NE has covered 4 in a row(made me $$$$) and been playing at a very high level but now they go on the road to play maybe the best offense in football. I think Rogers will not be stopped and they will control the time of possession and will win by more then 10. Love GB in this spot. And I think all the teaser bettors who take NE lose.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

[QUOTE=Scottish;23069649]Just like last week when the Lions defense would shut the Patriots down? And the fact that everyone told you the Lions were hopeless on the road against good competition and you basically told everyone that meant nothing to you, how did that work out for you?

The Packers haven't beaten any decent competition that's a fact.

Good luck with your bet! I think this game is too dangerous for me to play so you have big balls to be betting your biggest bet of the year against Brady and Belichick, the home advantage could definetly see your bet winning but the Packers defense is suspect to me but the Patriots are probably due for a loss.

I just don't trust the Packers defense against good teams, i can't see them doing anything in the post season and their offense can't function properly against cover 2.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? Lovie's Bears played cover 2 almost extensively. Cover 2 works great against turnover prone teams. Not sure if you noticed, but Rodgers protects the ball better than any QB in the game.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

one game...............

Brady would be most peoples pick to win a game right now

BeanTownClown88

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    They lost to all those teams on the road. As for the Dophins and Jets, didn't the Pats struggle with those same Jets and lose outright to those same Dolphins?

The single biggest mistake GB could ever make would be to compare the NE team from week 1 to the NE team today. We both know that statement was pretty pointless. Watch the Pats clean out the Dolphins at home...especially for the revenge factor.

The team that cant stop the run will lose this game miserably..and Boomer check the offensive stats again, the Pats are number 1 in scoring and lead GB in all other areas..and incase you forgot who the Pats played to achieve these numbers..check the schedule again.

Pats won 7 in a row..BB always talks about the first 4 games being an extension of preseason where he figures out what he has..sometimes NE goes 4-0 sometimes 3-1 or 2-2 like this time around..if you are arguing that they haven't achieved the look they want to roll into the playoffs with, I dont know what to tell you..besides check the scoreboard from the past 7 weeks.

Didn't the pats steamroll the same vikings back when the pats "sucked" that GB beat by 4 points last sunday? I just think this game will have Gb fans scratching their heads..this is a better team than when brady rolled into GB and beat them last

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Since when is Green bay the best offense in football???? unreal, they put up 50 on a couple pretenders and everyone is suckin their diks now... Rodgers the best QB in the game? what game are you watching? he looks like great vrs Minnesota and Chicago, wait till he faces a good team... oh wait he did and put up 23 pts total vrs SEA and DET.

Green Bay has beaten 2 teams with a winning record (Miami and Philly), and scored 23 pts total vrs the only 2 good defenses they've played (DET and SEA). New England has beaten 5 teams with a winning record by an avg score of 40-17. Denver has beaten 5 plus took Seattle to OT @ Seattle. Seattle has beaten Green Bay, Denver, and Arizona. Shit, even Kansas City has beaten Seattle, New England, and San Diego. But yeah, lets crown Green Bay as the next dynasty... they put up 50 pts a game when they play Chicago

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Aaron Rodgers makes a white guy look like a great wide receiver, JJ.

Doesn't he get credit for that?

Nelson is a great wide receiver. Now Calvin Johnson makes Matthew Stafford

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

The single biggest mistake GB could ever make would be to compare the NE team from week 1 to the NE team today. We both know that statement was pretty pointless. Watch the Pats clean out the Dolphins at home...especially for the revenge factor.

The team that cant stop the run will lose this game miserably..and Boomer check the offensive stats again, the Pats are number 1 in scoring and lead GB in all other areas..and incase you forgot who the Pats played to achieve these numbers..check the schedule again.

Pats won 7 in a row..BB always talks about the first 4 games being an extension of preseason where he figures out what he has..sometimes NE goes 4-0 sometimes 3-1 or 2-2 like this time around..if you are arguing that they haven't achieved the look they want to roll into the playoffs with, I dont know what to tell you..besides check the scoreboard from the past 7 weeks.

Didn't the pats steamroll the same vikings back when the pats "sucked" that GB beat by 4 points last sunday? I just think this game will have Gb fans scratching their heads..this is a better team than when brady rolled into GB and beat them last
    People are blindly saying packers have better offense. First I'm not sure where they're getting this info from. Second its not offense vs offense. Its patriots offense vs GB defense and vice versa. Patriots have the better defense right now. They can do more on defense because of Revis. When you add in the coaching aspect there is no doubt NE is superior. GB can make up for it thru home field advantage and a key turnover or two but all things being equal the Patriots are superior to GB. This particular team is better than even the 07 team. They can do more things that the 07 team could not. When the season is complete people will look back and scratch their heads as to why NE was an underdog at all nevermind 3 of their last 4 games. Its truly amazing.

boomer62

Stats mean shit....good for NE being #1. In the past 4 games NE jumped on their opponent. I watch the games and these teams are evenly matched. GB will not be stopped and will move the ball and control the clock and NE will be forced to throw and come from behind against a good Packer secondary. You watch and see how good Rogers and GB are at home!!! Have some CHEESE with those SAM ADAMS

BeanTownClown88

If Stats mean shit than so do baseless opinions derived from a over-hyped team that people give a pass when they lose on the road.
    You know there are teams that show up and play well both on the road AND at home? It's called being mentally tough.

The time of possession wont matter if GB cant score td's..did you see what happened when Detroit tried to match fg's with NE touchdowns on Sunday? Game gets out of hand by second quarter..not saying this one is out of hand by the second quarter..but the team most likley to milk long drives is NE..since they should have no issue picking up near first downs every carry or two

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Lol. Gizelles at home on Sundays bangin herself to Aaron Rodgers.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

^^^ Wish Tom could see that quote. Would put whole stack on Pats.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Since when is Green bay the best offense in football???? unreal, they put up 50 on a couple pretenders and everyone is suckin their diks now... Rodgers the best QB in the game? what game are you watching? he looks like great vrs Minnesota and Chicago, wait till he faces a good team... oh wait he did and put up 23 pts total vrs SEA and DET.

Green Bay has beaten 2 teams with a winning record (Miami and Philly), and scored 23 pts total vrs the only 2 good defenses they've played (DET and SEA). New England has beaten 5 teams with a winning record by an avg score of 40-17. Denver has beaten 5 plus took Seattle to OT @ Seattle. Seattle has beaten Green Bay, Denver, and Arizona. Shit, even Kansas City has beaten Seattle, New England, and San Diego. But yeah, lets crown Green Bay as the next dynasty... they put up 50 pts a game when they play Chicago
    exactly!

not saying green bays offense isnt great because it is but they havent really put up great numbers against a winning team, they have been beating below .

boomer62

I've watched this team and you can't go by stats all the time. It's a west coast offense that is very hard to stop. They move the chains and control the clock. ROGERS AND BRADY are the best but I guarantee this game,NE will not be able to get off the field. GB takes this.
    Super Bowl neutral field, NE!

First 1234 Last