POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Anyone have stats on third straight divisional game?

Raiders just had Denver followed by San Diego. Now they get Kansas City. Pretty brutal schedule for anyone, especially brutal for a team as bad as Oakland.

Any noteworthy trends/stats in games like this? Makes it especially weird because it's a Thursday as well. My gut says they're tired from throwing the kitchen sink at Denver and San Diego, but who knows.

incognitoh
    incognitoh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4202

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Raiders just had Denver followed by San Diego. Now they get Kansas City. Pretty brutal schedule for anyone, especially brutal for a team as bad as Oakland.

Any noteworthy trends/stats in games like this? Makes it especially weird because it's a Thursday as well. My gut says they're tired from throwing the kitchen sink at Denver and San Diego, but who knows.
    Good point, but KC just played a very tough, physical game against Seattle with a very short turnaround where they have to travel.

Right now, I lean Oakland +7.5 but would probably lean KC at less than a TD... However, I still have additional analysis to do; this is just off the top of my head...

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

any stat can be diminished to the thursday game, throws everything off.

i think oakland has no shot here.

chiefs are too good all around and well coached to lay an egg in primtime against a team that hasnt wonin over ayear.

POOLSIDE

Don't forget that Oakland is also a team that loses by winning. They're a game up on Jacksonville right now and they have little to no motivation to give that spot up. With only six games left, it's officially time to start Tankwatch 2014.

incognitoh

Don't forget that Oakland is also a team that loses by winning. They're a game up on Jacksonville right now and they have little to no motivation to give that spot up. With only six games left, it's officially time to start Tankwatch 2014.
    Players are playing for their jobs next year, coaches coaching for their jobs and Executives are worried about their jobs too... The only people thinking about tanking are their fans...

Look at what happened to Colts, everyone got fired (Coaches and GM) and then they picked Luck... Great for fans but not so much Coaches and GM...

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by incognitoh View Post
    Players are playing for their jobs next year, coaches coaching for their jobs and Executives are worried about their jobs too... The only people thinking about tanking are their fans...

Look at what happened to Colts, everyone got fired (Coaches and GM) and then they picked Luck... Great for fans but not so much Coaches and GM...
    What jobs? They already fired their head coach, their defense is playing well enough for the coordinator to keep his job, Sporano certainly isn't the long term answer, the offense is an abortion. As for players, they've got a handful of vets collecting a check (Tuck, Woodson, MJD zzz) who are gone even if they win out. The rest of them have had their chance to show something. If they haven't made an impression in ten games, it's time to put them on the bench and play the guys we haven't seen yet. Maybe there's a diamond in the rough. Otherwise, blow things up and start over again. Again.

They're the worst team in the NFL by a loooongshot. Joke's over.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13158

What jobs? They already fired their head coach, their defense is playing well enough for the coordinator to keep his job, Sporano certainly isn't the long term answer, the offense is an abortion. As for players, they've got a handful of vets collecting a check (Tuck, Woodson, MJD zzz) who are gone even if they win out. The rest of them have had their chance to show something. If they haven't made an impression in ten games, it's time to put them on the bench and play the guys we haven't seen yet. Maybe there's a diamond in the rough. Otherwise, blow things up and start over again. Again.

Agree with everything you said. However, you guys left out one important person: The owner is to blame for a lot of this BS. He either doesn't want to spend the money or no coach worth his salt is going to walk into this land mine.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Those are the guys fighting for their NFL lives. Every play on the field is a chance to build a resume.

You sound like a fan that wants that #1 pick, but NFL players and coaches didn't get to this point by laying down.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Those are the guys fighting for their NFL lives. Every play on the field is a chance to build a resume.

You sound like a fan that wants that #1 pick, but NFL players and coaches didn't get to this point by laying down.
    Right. Those are the guys that should be given a chance to play. I feel like we're agreeing here. Give those dudes a shot. Try some new lineups. Experiment with different formations. Throw some trick plays in there. The greater focus becomes evaluating talent. Winning games is simply not the priority.

Are there guys on the roster that would like to win some football games? Yes, absolutely. Obviously, that's not enough. I'm not suggesting the players will roll over and let teams win. I'm suggesting it doesn't matter what they do as they're awful.

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Alex Smith throws a TD to a receiver Thursday night and Chiefs rush for at least 140 YDS IMO. I think the time of possession is going to be 60-70% in KC's favor in this one. Lean the 1st half under as well. Grabbed the chiefs at 6.5, I think 7.5 is still safe. The majority of these TNF have been one sided. COuple stats;

Chiefs 8-2 ATS this year. They covered both big spreads as favorites, STL/NJY
    Raiders 5-5 ATS, but 1-3 as a home underdog. Their only cover came against SD at home.

16kredit
    16kredit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4644

While KC has everything they need to blow them out, question is, do they really want? Do they want to embarass the raiders, or are they satisfied with the win alone. Im thinking of a garbage time TD ruining the -7

incognitoh

Yeah, they were tanking all the way because they did not care... Thanks for your participation...

slacker00

Hopefully, lesson learned for some of u. NFL teams simply do not tank for the #1 pick, this is a well known fact.

This is unique to the NFL, the NBA lottery was implemented because teams did tank. NFL isn't the NBA.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by incognitoh View Post
    Yeah, they were tanking all the way because they did not care... Thanks for your participation...
    Right. They played some younger unknown players like I suggested and maybe found a diamond in the rough. Guy had like ten career carries coming into the game. Gets the ball four times and scores twice, averaging over thirty yards per carry. That's exactly what I suggested they do, play the guys we haven't seen.

Meanwhile, he gets injured and they're forced to play MJD and McFadden again. Those two guys combine to run the ball fifteen times for less than thirty yards lolololol.

slacker00

Right. Those are the guys that should be given a chance to play. I feel like we're agreeing here. Give those dudes a shot. Try some new lineups. Experiment with different formations. Throw some trick plays in there. The greater focus becomes evaluating talent. Winning games is simply not the priority.

Are there guys on the roster that would like to win some football games? Yes, absolutely. Obviously, that's not enough. I'm not suggesting the players will roll over and let teams win. I'm suggesting it doesn't matter what they do as they're awful.