Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    ugh, another QB race debate. How about racist NFL owners catering rules to advance white QBs over black CBs?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

There are tons of sharp well educated African Americans !!!

Here are just a few

ndharper
    ndharper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 634

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    in the last 10 years there has been 1, Sam Bradford, who has been injured most of the time

the heisman trophy is a joke. RG3 won it over Andrew Luck, that says it all

there aren't many effective pocket passers in college football who get the opportunity to play on good teams in good programs because it is much easier to recruit an athletic QB who can pass when he has to and can hide behind a great offensive line

good luck with Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota (who I actually like) in this year's draft. they will be busts
    He also won rookie of the year over Luck. Is that a joke?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Long term win if you go with white over black

Spedizzo

Quote Originally Posted by ndharper View Post
    He also won rookie of the year over Luck. Is that a joke?
    no, he deserved it

who would you rather have as QB?

Spedizzo

Rookie of the Year is a very good tool in determining a player's long term worth

A young "explosive" QB comes in to a new offense, NFL defenses aren't used to seeing them, they have a good first year

AND THEN

- They get hit a couple times by linebackers

- Defenses adapt

- The law of averages kicks in

And you see them for how they really are
    Last edited by Spedizzo; 10-28-14 at 03:22 PM.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    I do not understand why the sports media and scouts completely hype up these black quarterbacks who have amazing college stats, primarily rushing, when they have great offensive lines and go up against slow crappy defense

it has been proven time and time again a scrambling QB cannot cut it in the NFL

they do not make good decisions because the thought to scramble is always a priority on their mind, and it doesn't work when you go up against beastly linebackers. It hinders their ability to pass in the pocket, and makes them become injury prone, turnover machines, or just ineffective

this applies to white QBs also (like Tebow) who are primarily used to scrambling and using read option plays, but it is mostly applicable to black QBs because their coaches want to utilize their speed (since blacks are naturally more athletic than whites)

Athletic QBs in college utilize their athleticism in college foremost, which stunts their ability to develop a good pocket passing game

you need a tall, pocket passing QB who makes good decisions and has some mobility (i.e Andrew Luck) to be successful in the current NFL landscape. The QB can be shorter if they have a rocket for a brain and a rocket for an arm (Drew Brees)

Blacks can be good QBs, but they do not get to develop a pocket passing game in college because their ability to scramble will be very effective against college defenses
    I'd like to add Mr.Kap from SF as well...I know I know.here come the racist idiots. 2 nfc games and a bowl.(ripped.off on that non call for.PI on crabtree) and has better and.very.similar stats to Steve young through his first 29 games.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

There is no controversy here. One is a backup the other one is a stud.

Spedizzo

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    I'd like to add Mr.Kap from SF as well...I know I know.here come the racist idiots. 2 nfc games and a bowl.(ripped.off on that non call for.PI on crabtree) and has better and.very.similar stats to Steve young through his first 29 games.
    I acknowledged and mentioned Kap and Wilson as being recent exceptions

But as I also mentioned they also had the two best defenses the last 2-3 years in the NFL behind them to keep them in the close games when their scrambling and passing was ineffective

Kap also has a rocket for an arm and his first instinct isn't the scramble ala Vick/RG3 if someone isn't immediately open

Alex Smith was also just as successful behind center on the 49ers

And if you want to bring race into it, Wilson and Kap aren't 100% black

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

there's been only one qualified black qb in recent memory, and he was a damn good one too. his name be donavon mccNabb. But 5 dollar Footlong didn't think he needed mCCnabb's advice. Oh well. yeah, don't take advice from a fellow brotha and borderline hall of fame player.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

I'm pulling for McCoy because he is humble. RG3 comes off as spoiled like he is entitled to something.

Spedizzo

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    I'm pulling for McCoy because he is humble. RG3 comes off as spoiled like he is entitled to something.
    like Geno Smith in the draft last year when he walked out cause he wasn't taken?

must be something in their water

First 12