CrunchinTV
    CrunchinTV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steelers @ Browns Week 6

Hey Guys,
    This match up is currently +2.0 for PITS (-110) on the road against Cleveland. (Bet365)
    Ben has only lost 1 game in his career on the road in Cleveland (not to mention him being undefeated at home against the Browns). Career record is 18-1.
    That one loss came in 2009 and coming into the game the Steelers had lost 4 straight games and were playing really poorly. Ben was sacked 8 times that game and Cleveland won 13-6. I feel like this team is not anything close to being in the same situation.
    In his 8 wins in Cleveland they average a win margin of 17.5 but it's to be noted that 3 of the 8 wins were by exactly 4 points. The other 5 wins came by margins of 14 to 41.
    Cleveland has been in 4 extremely close games. Losing to Pitts in week 1 by 3 and losing to Baltimore by 2 in Week 3. They beat NO by 2 and the Titans by 1 today. Obviously they will be extremely excited with their record breaking comeback in Week 5 but this team is very Jekyll and Hyde and is playing very inconsistent.
    With Cleveland sporting the 28th best pass D and 29th best run D I think they will be in tough against the Steelers who are ranked 8th in passing yards and 7th in the run.
    The flip side of this is Cleveland has the 4th most run yards per game right now but is ranked only 15th in passing. The Steelers D looks a lot more impressive though and is ranked 12th in passing D and 11th in Run D.
    Public money seems to be currently favoring Cleveland against the spread here about 60/40 and I want to hear what you guys are thinking about this game?
    I feel like this game will be a Steelers win and I am thinking about betting PIT ML or maybe even Pit - 2.5 (currently at +135).
    Thank you for your input!

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

pass for me, but gl. todd haley sucks.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

I don't know what to think of this game. If Cleveland doesn't take the first half off in week one, they trounce Pittsburgh. Right now, I'd say Browns or nothing. I personally think the Browns are a good football team when everything comes together, they're just so inconsistent. Either team could win by 20 and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Also, I don't care what the numbers say, Pittsburgh's defense is not that good and Cleveland's defense is certainly not that bad. Basing a wager around Cleveland having the worst defense in the league doesn't sit well with me.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ebumdude

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    I don't know what to think of this game. If Cleveland doesn't take the first half off in week one, they trounce Pittsburgh. Right now, I'd say Browns or nothing. I personally think the Browns are a good football team when everything comes together, they're just so inconsistent. Either team could win by 20 and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Also, I don't care what the numbers say, Pittsburgh's defense is not that good and Cleveland's defense is certainly not that bad. Basing a wager around Cleveland having the worst defense in the league doesn't sit well with me.
    i dunno about worst defense but they have been really bad. i certainly wouldnt have thought that coming into the season but there enough evidence now to say they have took major steps in the wrong direction.. oh and even when they were good brown has owned haden like very few others have throughout his career..

op i really hate the whole "big ben has such and such record vs a team" argument.. that previous crap means nothing. heard the same shit about rodgers vs the lions a few weeks ago, how that work out? neither team is anything the same as they were in all those other games you falling back on with that statement.. steelers d is straight garbage these days, in most those wins you talking about big rapist prob didnt have to do a ton with a great d vs a once terrible browns O. times have changed. if you like pit by all means but i hope it has nothing to do with that.. personally browns or nothing for me but not sure i get involved as im not really ready to back cle as favs cause they have issues of their own and i have yet to see them play a complete gm.

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

My pick against the Prick was Cleveland. It is also who I placed a slight wager on. (Cleveland + points). GL!

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i dunno about worst defense but they have been really bad. i certainly wouldnt have thought that coming into the season but there enough evidence now to say they have took major steps in the wrong direction.. oh and even when they were good brown has owned haden like very few others have throughout his career..

op i really hate the whole "big ben has such and such record vs a team" argument.. that previous crap means nothing. heard the same shit about rodgers vs the lions a few weeks ago, how that work out? neither team is anything the same as they were in all those other games you falling back on with that statement.. steelers d is straight garbage these days, in most those wins you talking about big rapist prob didnt have to do a ton with a great d vs a once terrible browns O. times have changed. if you like pit by all means but i hope it has nothing to do with that.. personally browns or nothing for me but not sure i get involved as im not really ready to back cle as favs cause they have issues of their own and i have yet to see them play a complete gm.
    They have been really bad. They've also been really good, too. They're inconsistent, that's what I'm saying. They were down 28-3 in the first half and held Tennessee, in Tennessee, to zero points from that point on. They also held them to multiple three and outs when they absolutely had to. They even blocked a punt in the process. Sure, it was after Locker left, but they also held Pittsburgh to pretty much nothing that second half in Pittsburgh.

Point being, they're capable of playing well. Combine that with the fact that Pittsburgh probably stinks way worse than most people notice, and this is for sure Cleveland or nothing. Steelers were up one point against the Jags till a rookie throws a gift wrapped pick six. One point. Jacksonville.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

I can say one thing, Cleveland is a great second half team and a lot better then the statistics reflect. If and when this comes together the Browns will be very dangerous. Cleveland wins the game 27-21. Don't sleep on them as i watch every play of every game every week. A very young team.