a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Team A is "looking ahead" and Coaches facing former teams

Is there any proof to teams "looking ahead to next week" when underperforming? Or is the distance between good and bad teams not that large on any given Sunday? Has anyone ever heard a player or coach (or known one) say they were studying film for next week before this week's game was played? I personally think it's a losing gamblers excuse to being on the wrong side.

Also - has anyone ever done any research on coaches playing their former teams and the results? Schwartz (D coordinator for Buffalo) is playing Detroit this week and should know everything there is to know about the opponent he used to coach. I'm thinking the research here would be more relevant of prior head coaches facing a former team, not prior coordinators.

Kyle Williams (d-line) and Nigel Bradham (LB) are doubtful for Buffalo and are both key injuries. Orton should complete a few more passes than Manuel would, but the offensive scheme the Bills have been running has been so vanilla (and will likely continue to be with Orton not quite an expert in it) that on the road vs a very good defense, I like Detroit to win; just not sure by how much yet. Megatron's status will definitely affect my decision.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Rob Ryan coached against the Cowpies last week. That didn't turn out so well.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Rob Ryan coached against the Cowpies last week. That didn't turn out so well.
    He was never their head coach, so as I stated above, don't think it's as relevant

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

lions offense hasnt exactly been all its hyped up to be this year.. yea their d is really good, especially up front but so are the bills and i like the swartz angle (even tho i think he basically a idiot) i would imagine he understands the kinds of looks stafford struggles with, clearly there some things that bother him. if megatron was healthy id prob worry more cause bills can be had in the secondary, even if he plays tho he no where close to 100%. there no way bills make this move to orten unless they feel the talent is there for them to compete for a playoff spot cause it real early to admit ej was a mistake (stupid lambs held on hope for bradford for 5+ freaking years even tho it was clear he sucked). like the bills lions can be had in the secondary as well, bills have weapons it just a matter of having a qb capable of delivering the ball. Orten doesnt have to be great just be himself and this team will be better..i could be wrong, i was a bills believer going back to last season and been wanting manuel to make progress as qb the only glaring weakness on the team. the oline isnt great either and yea against det that gonna lead to orten getting hit but think bills can make as many plays as det and this a very competitive gm..lions prob win but do you really trust them if it close? i still have my doubts about them. bills +7 for me..

the only example i can give about the "looking ahead" angle is i believe both steelers and ravens have pretty poor ats records in the gm prior to their meetings..

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i'm more of an ncaaf guy but i couldn't agree more on the look-aheads, letdowns etc.... i think it is stupid money type thinking... would love to see some basic study...

the ex-hc and co-ordinator stuff i think is much more relevent in theory