No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Didn't watch the game

Thumbing through the play-by-play -- WTF was Luck doing throwing a pass on 3rd down up by 7 and in FG range with five minutes left in regulation? I don't understand. Someone needs to explain this to me, because unless he was blown up from behind and the ball popped into the air for a Eagle defender to pick off, that's the kind of throw/turnover a fourth-grade QB would be an idiot for making.

kj8210
    kj8210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14103

Its not really Lucks fault, the play shoulda just been a run to the middle to set up the kicker. Also the receiver fell/ got pushed by the defender and wasnt able to complete the route so it was picked off. The throw was on the money if the receiver was there it woulda been a first down.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Play call should have been a sideline route. One option, if it's not open throw it over his head out of bounds. A run is useless there. You're already in fg position in the center of the field. You're probably not gonna pick up seven yards so it makes a chip shot a little more of a chip shot? You gotta throw the ball and try for a first down but not in the middle of the field. The missed call was horrible too, but it all starts with the play call.

shookid
    shookid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1958

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Play call should have been a sideline route. One option, if it's not open throw it over his head out of bounds. A run is useless there. You're already in fg position in the center of the field. You're probably not gonna pick up seven yards so it makes a chip shot a little more of a chip shot? You gotta throw the ball and try for a first down but not in the middle of the field. The missed call was horrible too, but it all starts with the play call.
    a run play should have been called on thay 3rd down to let the clock run and make the fg shorter that it already was. the whole point here is to make it a 2 possession game not try and force this 1st down. you make it a 10 pt game that all but wraps it up. bad play call, bad no pass interference, bad andrew luck.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I don't know someone can just read the play by play and come to this kind of a judgement.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

The thread title says it all with the "I didn't watch the game"

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's so easy to play Monday morning Quarterback (no pun intended) although I have my own theories on why questionable play calling happens at crucial points of a game at the end of the day it's all speculation. Go Eagles!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I don't know someone can just read the play by play and come to this kind of a judgement.

incognitoh
    incognitoh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4202

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Well, he kind of nailed it by doing that, didn't he??? Morons...

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

No coin, you are correct. I watched the whole world thing and I can tell you indys play calling was atrocious. But that doesn't excuse luck. If he is truly elite he should override the 4th grAde call or call a timeout or abandon the pass n run himself. Any 4-yrold playing madden would've ran up the middle kick fg game over

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    No coin, you are correct. I watched the whole world thing and I can tell you indys play calling was atrocious. But that doesn't excuse luck. If he is truly elite he should override the 4th grAde call or call a timeout or abandon the pass n run himself. Any 4-yrold playing madden would've ran up the middle kick fg game over
    What was atrocious about that play call?

If they get a first down, they can run the clock way down and essentially win the game.

POOLSIDE

If they get a first down, they can run the clock way down and essentially win the game.
    Throwing the ball is 100% the correct play call. But not to the middle of the field. Easy to say after that result though. Luck threw a perfect pass which was likely caught for a first down if the receiver doesn't get dragged down from behind. Oh well. Lost some money. Move on.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

3-9-PHI 22 (5:15) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck pass short right intended for 13-T.Hilton INTERCEPTED by 27-M.Jenkins at PHI 16. 27-M.Jenkins to PHI 24 for 8 yards (87-R.Wayne). adam vinateri in a dome easy field goal game over. if you cant understand that you should watch ping pong

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Throwing the ball is 100% the correct play call. But not to the middle of the field. Easy to say after that result though. Luck threw a perfect pass which was likely caught for a first down if the receiver doesn't get dragged down from behind. Oh well. Lost some money. Move on.
    no damn way man,, the worst part is why when a fg and taking another 40 seconds off the clock basically seals it does the ultra conservative moron calling plays in indy all a sudden decide to not ground and pound? we talking bout the same moron that after philly tied it decided to run trich into the line on 1st and second down of the next drive leaving luck behind the sticks again! seriously if you are a conservative assclown that hell bent on making this team something that doesnt fit their personnel then why the fuk you throwing when you can wrap up the gm with a draw? makes absolutely no sense,, now if we talking the packers, broncos, saints, basically any team with a decent playcaller who's proud of their identity being a passing team then yea by all means throw it with a low risk play. doesnt matter that the refs botched it it was a out of character play call from a guy that seems to have no problem basically taking a knee any time colts are not trailing..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    3-9-PHI 22 (5:15) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck pass short right intended for 13-T.Hilton INTERCEPTED by 27-M.Jenkins at PHI 16. 27-M.Jenkins to PHI 24 for 8 yards (87-R.Wayne). adam vinateri in a dome easy field goal game over. if you cant understand that you should watch ping pong
    math and common sense will get you no where round this joint..

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    no damn way man,, the worst part is why when a fg and taking another 40 seconds off the clock basically seals it does the ultra conservative moron calling plays in indy all a sudden decide to not ground and pound? we talking bout the same moron that after philly tied it decided to run trich into the line on 1st and second down of the next drive leaving luck behind the sticks again! seriously if you are a conservative assclown that hell bent on making this team something that doesnt fit their personnel then why the fuk you throwing when you can wrap up the gm with a draw? makes absolutely no sense,, now if we talking the packers, broncos, saints, basically any team with a decent playcaller who's proud of their identity being a passing team then yea by all means throw it with a low risk play. doesnt matter that the refs botched it it was a out of character play call from a guy that seems to have no problem basically taking a knee any time colts are not trailing..
    In most scenarios, I'm agreeing. But the circumstances here seemed right. Luck can be trusted not to throw the ball away in this situation (again back to that uncalled penalty) and Philly's offense was just starting to click. Indy's defense looked shot already at this point and a first down here completely seals the deal, and maybe even leads to a td. Plus knowing Indy's oc, his running play call is probably a hand off to Richardson. It's not like he's money in the bank, dude already had two fumbles in the game. I totally understand the argument though, but who knows what Philly does there? Down two scores with a little under five minutes left. Well they basically got the ball in that same scenario except only down seven, and guess what they did? Scored twice in that timeframe. Impossible to say what happens if Indy just kicked a fg there, but if the rest of the game goes the same, we're looking at overtime or maybe even a late Philly td because they ran the clock out once they got in fg range. And I don't know that Indy's the favorite if it does go to ot, because again, Philly's offense was finally rolling and Indy's defense was dead.

2daBank

In most scenarios, I'm agreeing. But the circumstances here seemed right. Luck can be trusted not to throw the ball away in this situation (again back to that uncalled penalty) and Philly's offense was just starting to click. Indy's defense looked shot already at this point and a first down here completely seals the deal, and maybe even leads to a td. Plus knowing Indy's oc, his running play call is probably a hand off to Richardson. It's not like he's money in the bank, dude already had two fumbles in the game. I totally understand the argument though, but who knows what Philly does there? Down two scores with a little under five minutes left. Well they basically got the ball in that same scenario except only down seven, and guess what they did? Scored twice in that timeframe. Impossible to say what happens if Indy just kicked a fg there, but if the rest of the game goes the same, we're looking at overtime or maybe even a late Philly td because they ran the clock out once they got in fg range. And I don't know that Indy's the favorite if it does go to ot, because again, Philly's offense was finally rolling and Indy's defense was dead.
    i understand your point, just seemed incredibly out of character from the way the shit for brains oc called the rest of the gm.. if ref didnt have his head up his ass we not even talking bout it but i was still surprised as that really deviates from the way peps dumb ass calls plays any other time indy is not trailing.. you right bout trich also, personally i think a draw or dump off to bradshaw has just a high of success rate of getting the 1st there w/o the risk and keeping the clock moving but again just like pep a moron, organizationally they are hell bent on proving giving up any pick let alone a 1st damn rounder for that scrub richardson wasnt a mistake apparently to the point they rather lose gms than admit they were wrong, i mean they could always fall back on "hey we know the trich deal was stupid but ya gotta admit bradshaw was a good signing!" ..

t-wizzle

They didn't execute the play. Who cares where they threw it.

People get so worked up over play calls. It's hilarious.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Well given the fact that anything other than a turnover on that play leads to a mid-range FG with 4 minutes left that virtually ends the game, I'd say yeah, that particular play call was pretty critical.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i understand your point, just seemed incredibly out of character from the way the shit for brains oc called the rest of the gm.. if ref didnt have his head up his ass we not even talking bout it but i was still surprised as that really deviates from the way peps dumb ass calls plays any other time indy is not trailing.. you right bout trich also, personally i think a draw or dump off to bradshaw has just a high of success rate of getting the 1st there w/o the risk and keeping the clock moving but again just like pep a moron, organizationally they are hell bent on proving giving up any pick let alone a 1st damn rounder for that scrub richardson wasnt a mistake apparently to the point they rather lose gms than admit they were wrong, i mean they could always fall back on "hey we know the trich deal was stupid but ya gotta admit bradshaw was a good signing!" ..
    The risk is the important point here -- even more so than the play itself. You have to do everything possible to run a play that doesn't end in a turnover. If you do so -- even without a turnover -- the game is more or less over.

POOLSIDE

Wait. What? They did execute the play. The receiver was clearly pulled. That's not disputable. The defense getting away with a penalty is not the same thing as not executing a play.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

I'm not sure if the play call was all that bad on the 3rd and 7. If his receiver doesn't fall down, the game is easily over. What does surprise me is Pep Hamilton calls such a pussy game, so I would expect him to run on 3rd and 7 there. What does surprise me is Pep Hamilton calling two run plays in a row when the Colts had the ball with like 2 mins left. They ran, ran, threw and then punted. Put the ball in your best players hands, Andrew Luck.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

this thread exposes those who know nothing about football. anyone who thinks a pass play was acceptable should find a new hobby