Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Highlights from Browns coach Pettines press conference yesterday =>

Definitely some anxiety here

• “When I got hired, I just talked about just being back in the AFC North and what that meant,” said Pettine in an opening statement to the media. “We we’re excited when the schedule came out. I know people say, ‘Be careful what you ask for’, but I don’t think there’s any better test to kind of see where we are as a team, as a program, then to go down to play at Heinz Field.”
    • “I think more gets put into [preparing for Pittsburgh] because it’s the one game you’re looking forward to that entire off season,” said Pettine. “You probably do a little bit more work on it, probably over-prepare for it, but we don’t want to have the smoke clear from it and just be spent. It is a long year, and we’ll be ready.”
    • Pettine wanted to make sure his players were aware of how lopsided the Browns rivalry with the Steelers has become. In a team meeting, Pettine prepared a slideshow entitled: “Rivals?” - “From the Steelers standpoint, it’s not much of a rivalry,” said Pettine bluntly. The numbers are staggering. The Browns have five wins against the Steelers in their last 36 tries. The Browns are 2-12 all-time when playing at Heinz Field.
    • “It’s brutal when you truly look at it, but that’s something that’s a big part of our prep is understanding that that has nothing to do with us,” said Pettine. “That has nothing to do with this game. That has nothing to do with us moving forward. That was our message back in the spring when we said, ‘Hey, recognize the history, but break off the rear-view mirror.’ This is just another way to prove that.”

BOL

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kelly View Post
    The Browns have five wins against the Steelers in their last 36 tries. The Browns are 2-12 all-time when playing at Heinz Field.
    this is just plain wrong. Even including those numbers which are not "all time", but rather only the new Browns record, here's the all-time numbers:
    PIT: 67–57
    CLE, 36–26 @ Cleveland
    PIT, 41–21 @ Pittsburgh