wolvesguy89
    wolvesguy89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

Cleveland/Pittsburgh

Is there a reason this has gone to 7 now? These two teams seem to matchup pretty similarly. I know Hoyer isn't great and they don't have Gordon but this Pittsburgh D ain't what it used to be. And the Browns D can hold their own as well. Am I missing something here?

NWportland
    NWportland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Prob because the Steelers are 18-1 vs Browns when Ben is healthy. Or because of Dick LeBeau, and Hoyer having never faced the Steelers. Hoyer did however spend time in Pitt backing up Batch when Leftwitch and Ben were out in 2012 and Tomlin spoke highly of him. I know both of these teams had crap preseason, but the Browns needed their preseason more than Pitt. For me I just look at the Browns having Norv Turner on staff and I auto-pick to Steelers or no-bet. One problem for Pitt is their terrible offensive coordinator Tod Haley or whoever that guy is. They actually have a good offense when they go no huddle and Ben is calling the plays. It will prob be a close game and both teams have problems, but the game is in Pittsburgh for the love of god, you would think the Steelers could sack up and beat the Browns by 7.

Timetoplay
    Timetoplay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

yeah i don't see Pitt having any problems in their home opener.

Timetoplay
    Timetoplay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I have a rather large (for me) play on the Steelers as well Snowball

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Dick labeau vs rookies, enough for me

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by NWportland View Post
    Prob because the Steelers are 18-1 vs Browns when Ben is healthy. Or because of Dick LeBeau, and Hoyer having never faced the Steelers. Hoyer did however spend time in Pitt backing up Batch when Leftwitch and Ben were out in 2012 and Tomlin spoke highly of him. I know both of these teams had crap preseason, but the Browns needed their preseason more than Pitt. For me I just look at the Browns having Norv Turner on staff and I auto-pick to Steelers or no-bet. One problem for Pitt is their terrible offensive coordinator Tod Haley or whoever that guy is. They actually have a good offense when they go no huddle and Ben is calling the plays. It will prob be a close game and both teams have problems, but the game is in Pittsburgh for the love of god, you would think the Steelers could sack up and beat the Browns by 7.
    Good point about Hoyer spending time with PIT. Tomlin & Lebeau will have unique wisdom on how to break him down.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by NWportland View Post
    Yeah and Terry Bradshaw is due for a humdinger

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Yeah and Terry Bradshaw is due for a humdinger
    I'll take Norv over Kyle Shanahan any day. But even Bill Walsh would struggle with the offensive talent void in CLE.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I'll take Norv over Kyle Shanahan any day. But even Bill Walsh would struggle with the offensive talent void in CLE.
    tate and the oline fit shannys offense really well tho.. i think it really tough to lay a full td here (even 6.5 honestly), i think cle can and will have success rushing in this gm and it not like pit gonna light up that defense hich really damn good.

Playmaker
    Playmaker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

The Browns are 1 and 14 their last 15 NFL Openers so will see if that trend continues ..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Playmaker View Post
    The Browns are 1 and 14 their last 15 NFL Openers so will see if that trend continues ..
    most likely continues, they been steelers whipping boy for some time now...if you made me play it id take the points tho..

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    tate and the oline fit shannys offense really well tho.. i think it really tough to lay a full td here (even 6.5 honestly), i think cle can and will have success rushing in this gm and it not like pit gonna light up that defense hich really damn good.
    What can CLE do if PIT stacks the box? I agree CLE D is damn good, but Ben is damn good when healthy too.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    What can CLE do if PIT stacks the box? I agree CLE D is damn good, but Ben is damn good when healthy too.
    browns d has the tougher task no doubt, plus antonio brown is one of the few guys haden doesnt shut down. i like steelers to put up around 20ish, honestly i dunno if browns can get the 14-17 i think they would need to cover. if i trusted them to hit 17 (hell even 14) id take the points but i really dont. kinda scared of playing many unders this week or id really consider that..all im saying is that everyone including ppl i respect seem really quick to lay the points here and i have my doubts, im wrong plenty tho and if tate cant get off or hoyer cant beat a stacked box then everyone on pit be happy. i have enough respect for pit to think their d will be improved but they could be run on last season..

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Hoyer is better than most realize. I'm a Steeler fan and would not lay the -7.