Alshon Jeffrey
    Brandon Marshall
    Matt Forte

with a awesome QB Jay Cutty

but can they play D?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21425

Nobody knows really, but they made a ton of changes, so don't rely too much on what happened last year. The remade D-Line seems like it should be good bringing in Jared Allen, Lamarr Houston and Willie Young with a healthy Ratliff and Paea. Peanut Tillman and Jennings with rookie Fuller at CB should be fine. Last year's rookie LB's Bostic and Greene seem to have progressed and they'll need to. Safety still in the air but they brought in a bunch of bodies.

Overall they should almost certainly improve over the last year, question is how much.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

6-10

inZane
    inZane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4906

I respectfully disagree. I think their d will gel, they're just tweaking it right now. I took their total over 8 wins a month ago, and I've just added them to win the NFC North at +275. Good luck...

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9870

Got rolled up by jAx Thursday. Think we will learn a lot next week at Seattle. Starters play longer and while they won't do a ton, if bears get blown off ball and beat like a drum by Seattle, will tell a lot.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by inZane View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I think their d will gel, they're just tweaking it right now. I took their total over 8 wins a month ago, and I've just added them to win the NFC North at +275. Good luck...
    might be some value in that +275

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

As long as Jay Cutler is the quarterback for the Bears will never go anywhere

Of course he will have good games but he'll have way more bad games

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Bears blow
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

They're garbage on D.....A few new pieces but it's going to take more help than this to even be a solid D, nevermind good

Just hope to win a bunch of shootouts and maybe cause a few timely turnovers on D, because as Bart Scott would say: "They can't stop a nosebleed!"

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

Bears defense sucks from what I saw

They left big wide gaping holes.

The running backs just put it on cruise control and ran right by them.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    might be some value in that +275
    Never gonna happen

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

I would question who their playmakers are on defense

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

fwiw

Paul Bessire from the Prediction Machine has said the biggest disparity in futures action is on the Bears win total. 95% of the money on that total is on the Over (8-). I'll go with the books that haven't moved it to 9 with all that action on one side but have juiced the crap out of the number.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5338

Best in the NFL lol

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Dilo View Post
    I would question who their playmakers are on defense
    Jared Allen is still one of the elite DE's in the NFL. Houston is just coming into his prime years, a guy to watch, especially lining up opposite Allen. If Briggs has enough gas left in the tank to be a leader of this defense, like Ray Lewis at the end, Bears could recapture some of their past glory.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Jared Allen is still one of the elite DE's in the NFL. Houston is just coming into his prime years, a guy to watch, especially lining up opposite Allen. If Briggs has enough gas left in the tank to be a leader of this defense, like Ray Lewis at the end, Bears could recapture some of their past glory.
    Plus Tillman and Jennings along with the #14 pick Fuller at CB. The questions are D are at LB and S. D-Line and CB's should be solid. Between personnel and injuries they had questions everywhere last season.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9870

I am pumped to have Jerad Allen - I really am - but in his third or fourth play last week he looked totally lost. Had a great bull rush that he got all off-balance from and offensive tackle just tossed him to the ground as RB ran past him. That was his biggest impact to the game - getting tossed around. Hopefully just something he learns from but Bears defense just has a lot of areas that need to improve to be good. holes in defense tends to lead to more holes in defense - so just the fact that Bears don't have a safety is reason enough to be concerned

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    I am pumped to have Jerad Allen - I really am - but in his third or fourth play last week he looked totally lost. Had a great bull rush that he got all off-balance from and offensive tackle just tossed him to the ground as RB ran past him. That was his biggest impact to the game - getting tossed around. Hopefully just something he learns from but Bears defense just has a lot of areas that need to improve to be good. holes in defense tends to lead to more holes in defense - so just the fact that Bears don't have a safety is reason enough to be concerned
    Don't worry about Allen's ability to get on the QB. One thing, with CHI's offense, he's gonna have his ears pinned back.

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

It comes down to what Allen has left. If he can get double digit sacks and help give the secondary a limited time they have to defend, they can be middle of the pack. But if they can't get sacks, every game they play will be in the 38-35 range. Plus Cutler is not likely to start all 16 games, so that hurts the team as well. I see 8-8, maybe 9-7 and sneak in

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by mrpooh View Post
    It comes down to what Allen has left. If he can get double digit sacks and help give the secondary a limited time they have to defend, they can be middle of the pack. But if they can't get sacks, every game they play will be in the 38-35 range. Plus Cutler is not likely to start all 16 games, so that hurts the team as well. I see 8-8, maybe 9-7 and sneak in
    Allen has shown no signs of slowing down, DD sacks 7 years running. He'll only be 32 this year, still a lot of NFL life left.

Dilo
    Big bets win big money

Allen has shown no signs of slowing down, DD sacks 7 years running. He'll only be 32 this year, still a lot of NFL life left.

so then, why did vikes not try to retain him?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mrpooh View Post
    Cutler has started 90% of games in the NFL and has never had nagging type injuries. His injury prone lablel is way overblown. Any QB could get hurt any time and most have at one time or another. Manning, Brady, Rodgers....you name it, they've all missed time.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

He knew he was leaving. He wants to have a chance to win a ring. This article from November 2013...http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ikings-in-2014

slacker00

It happens all the time in the NFL, it's called "free agency". Vikings feel Everson Griffen can replace him.

Dilo
    Big bets win big money

It happens all the time in the NFL, it's called "free agency". Vikings feel Everson Griffen can replace him.
    It's just hard to do. Jared Allen won't make it in Chicago.

slacker00

It's just hard to do. Jared Allen won't make it in Chicago.
    So, less than 10 sacks? I see no reason why he has less than 10 sacks this year.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

12.5 sacks is what i would guess.

he is the polar opposite of Julius Peppers.

Jared Allen has one hell of a motor.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20256

Hopefully better than last year. Oh man Bears had some of the worst safety play I have ever seen. That kid Conte took some of the worst angles I've ever seen.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Hopefully better than last year. Oh man Bears had some of the worst safety play I have ever seen. That kid Conte took some of the worst angles I've ever seen.
    A good pass rush can mask some weak safety play. A bad one exposes it like last season.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    A good pass rush can mask some weak safety play. A bad one exposes it like last season.
    this is the Carolina Panthers philosophy.

They have one of the worst secondaries in the NFL personel wise but they usually don't get exposed b/c of a strong pass rush.

slacker00

Yep, last year SEA had all kinds of depth that could get to the QB. It's a QB NFL and pressure is the solution.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Cutler is a fukkin queer. Cannot win a big game to save his life. Resembles a Turkey when he's in the pocket. Everytime he drops back I just hear gobble gobble turkey noises. Then he wears his helmet on his eye brows and can't see shit down the field and he wonders why he sucks. Get fukkin helmet you can see out of Cutler you fukkin queer. That d ain't nothin to be scared of if your an Aaron Rodgers or a Mathew Stafford.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Cutler is a fukkin queer. Cannot win a big game to save his life. Resembles a Turkey when he's in the pocket. Everytime he drops back I just hear gobble gobble turkey noises. Then he wears his helmet on his eye brows and can't see shit down the field and he wonders why he sucks. Get fukkin helmet you can see out of Cutler you fukkin queer. That d ain't nothin to be scared of if your an Aaron Rodgers or a Mathew Stafford.
    Let's talk in 6 months bro.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Cutler has 57 NFL wins, including a playoff win over SEA. He had GB beat last year week 17 until the D gave it away.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

D better than the O

123 Last