MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Football Futures to win it all....Any chance here?

Won a small parlay earlier and threw 20 bones on each of these futures with the winnings.....Why the hell not?

Just found some semi-longshots I feel have a chance....Probably end up being Florida State and Seattle but fukk it....Any of these stand out??

ODDS TO WIN SUPERBOWL XLIX

[10001]CARDINALS +4394

[10002] FALCONS +3471

[10005] PANTHERS +3993

[10007] BENGALS +3784

[10009] COWBOYS +6684

[10011] LIONS +3873

[10013] TEXANS +3292

[10022] JETS +5927

[10029] RAMS +4300

[10032] REDSKINS +5457

ODDS TO WIN 2015 NCAA (F) NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

[13232] SOUTH CAROLINA +4500

[13205] BAYLOR +2375

[13211] GEORGIA +1760

[13216] LSU +2357

[13220] MISSISSIPPI +4300

[13239] UCLA +1760
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 07-31-14 at 10:21 PM.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Like LSU & South Carolina, South Carolina more. Saints for NFL.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Yeah Saints are a good choice.....Just at 13/1 too short of odds for me at the moment.....Will probably end up getting some money down on them if they start a little slow

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

really like oregon future

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    really like oregon future
    They will be in it for sure but again short odds for me at 8/1...Took a stab on UCLA as I think they have a great shot to come out of the Pac 12, really like their QB Hundley

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Bengals and LSU the most on that list

STAX

Also like the jets and u should throw $20 on Cleveland (+9000)

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Fan of the Cardinals and LSU bets. Falcons should bounce back as well.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Also like the jets and u should throw $20 on Cleveland (+9000)
    Yup their defense should keep them in games and Josh Gordon with an outside chance of winning his appeal

Going to bet them now

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Fan of the Cardinals and LSU bets. Falcons should bounce back as well.
    Yeah Falcons invested a lot into their d-line and their offense should be good....Losing Tony G will hurt though

Cardinals can win it all but the hard part will be making the playoffs in that division....If they get in, they can get hot and beat anyone

Lots of LSU love....They're always in it with that talent

Cuse0323

Yeah everyone on LSU scares me and with the Cardinals you're depending on Carson, so that's rough.

More I think about it, really like taking a shot on the Falcons. It's usually a new team every year in that division. Love the Freeman kid from FSU, great duo on the outside and a lot of play makers. TE will be rough but other than that, solid group all around.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Yeah everyone on LSU scares me and with the Cardinals you're depending on Carson, so that's rough.

More I think about it, really like taking a shot on the Falcons. It's usually a new team every year in that division. Love the Freeman kid from FSU, great duo on the outside and a lot of play makers. TE will be rough but other than that, solid group all around.
    Yup...Freeman one of my sleepers in FF

Falcons undervalued for sure....last year more of a mulligan year IMO but we'll see

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

if anyone can find a marshall future thats solid. should be around 70-1

they are stacked with returners and one outlet has them at 20% to go undefeated in the regular season. and with the playoff format a 12-0 midmajor team might get a shot this year

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    if anyone can find a marshall future thats solid. should be around 70-1

they are stacked with returners and one outlet has them at 20% to go undefeated in the regular season. and with the playoff format a 12-0 midmajor team might get a shot this year
    good find

STAX

Also like the Bills at +12500. Already decent to good defense, added Watkins with Robert Woods and Marquis Goodwin (def some talent there). TE Chandler good in red zone (added Toni Meioki from KC too) Have 3 RBs who could start for someone else (Bryce Brown, Fred Jackson, Spiller). EJ Manuel is the key, and I dont know about their O-line... Miami will finish last in that division, and Im not convinced NE is gonna run away with it. This isn't New England of old, although you can never count them out. I think Jets win 8-10 and Bills win 7-9 games. Bet them both and get one in the playoffs and its a good bet.

I dont really like the Cards and Rams bets... thats toughest division in NFL. Unless things go crazy, they are both competing with the rest of the NFC for 1 wildcard spot. I like to bet on longshots in wide open divisions (NFC South and East, AFC North) I actually think the AFC East is wide open this year too. Colts and Broncos should win their division easily (love Colts at +2500), but i think the other 4 AFC playoffs spots are up for grabs between basically every team but Oakland and Miami. I even give the Jags a smidge of a shot.

I bet similar to you on some SB futures but took a few favs mixed in
    Last edited by STAX; 08-01-14 at 12:50 AM.
    Points Awarded:

slacker00 gave STAX 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its a lot of luck for a team to win a title everything has to go right and of course you need the talent plus injury free

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Don't sweat Palmer, he's improved in his 2nd year with the Bengals and the Raiders. 2nd year in Aryans' system, O-line should be much improved this year. Ellington is a weapon and Floyd poised for a solid year.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

In a word, none. It is wagers like these that pay for all of those fancy neon lights in Vegas. Cleveland? Really? Buffalo? Every one of those pro wagers is a loser. College? You are way too heavy on SEC teams. There is a playoff system now and it is extremely unlikely that a two team loss is going to get in. LSU plays Ole Miss and Georgia plays South Carolina, so you have probably eliminated two of your teams right there.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

you might as well just

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Don't sweat Palmer, he's improved in his 2nd year with the Bengals and the Raiders. 2nd year in Aryans' system, O-line should be much improved this year. Ellington is a weapon and Floyd poised for a solid year.
    I do have a nice feeling about him this year, he throws too many INT's but another year like you said and they can get on the same page offensively. My only future this year will be on the Cardinals.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    In a word, none. It is wagers like these that pay for all of those fancy neon lights in Vegas. Cleveland? Really? Buffalo? Every one of those pro wagers is a loser. College? You are way too heavy on SEC teams. There is a playoff system now and it is extremely unlikely that a two team loss is going to get in. LSU plays Ole Miss and Georgia plays South Carolina, so you have probably eliminated two of your teams right there.
    OK...None have a chance? Tell us all who will win then and I'll bet em

I know those SEC teams play eachother.....Alteast one of em will make it to Atlanta, possibly 2

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    you might as well just
    I said in the OP that I hit a small long shot parlay just messing around and put some of the winnings on these wagers.....If they all lose I don't care at all

20 dollar bets here totaling like $320.....I expect a few of these NFL teams to make the playoffs and atleast 1 of these college football teams I got to make the final 4 playoff, then who knows.....More for entertainment value of having some futures alive and maybe get a little lucky and make some cash

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I said in the OP that I hit a small long shot parlay just messing around and put some of the winnings on these wagers.....If they all lose I don't care at all

20 dollar bets here totaling like $320.....I expect a few of these NFL teams to make the playoffs and atleast 1 of these college football teams I got to make the final 4 playoff, then who knows.....More for entertainment value of having some futures alive and maybe get a little lucky and make some cash
    Think about it? If I lose I don't care? You just threw away 320 on a hope and a prayer, that 320 could have been bet on something worthwhile. Playing futures is a losing proposition. This were self discipline and money management come in. Almost every team has no shot except the JETS ,LMAO.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

SF just missed a few times and were probably the best team the last 2 years in NFL

Can they come back again??

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    Think about it? If I lose I don't care? You just threw away 320 on a hope and a prayer, that 320 could have been bet on something worthwhile. Playing futures is a losing proposition. This were self discipline and money management come in. Almost every team has no shot except the JETS ,LMAO.
    It's 300 dollars that will last the whole football season rooting for these teams...I don't expect to win money but I do expect a few of these teams to make it interesting in the playoffs and then who knows?

It's all a gamble in the end...If you worry about when you lose money you're never going to make money

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

if you are a rec bettor futures are good. they are a good way to tie up money that you cant lose when you go on tilt

if you are a pro you can still cherry pick some good futures now and then. FSU was 23-1 the day before they buttraped clemson in death valley last year. and they were favored in that game remember. some futures are good but you need multiple books to find the gems

OckertCR
    OckertCR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

I would stay away from the falcons if I were you.

They don't have the mindset of a true contender.

This was the second straight year that the defense was clearly the biggest issue with the football team and they continually fail to address that aspect.

They aren't built to win anything.

Saints are a few classes above them

STAX

Love all the advice from losing gamblers.... lmao. I got you MoneyLineDog...

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Also like the Bills at +12500. Already decent to good defense, added Watkins with Robert Woods and Marquis Goodwin (def some talent there). TE Chandler good in red zone (added Toni Meioki from KC too) Have 3 RBs who could start for someone else (Bryce Brown, Fred Jackson, Spiller). EJ Manuel is the key, and I dont know about their O-line... Miami will finish last in that division, and Im not convinced NE is gonna run away with it. This isn't New England of old, although you can never count them out. I think Jets win 8-10 and Bills win 7-9 games. Bet them both and get one in the playoffs and its a good bet.

I dont really like the Cards and Rams bets... thats toughest division in NFL. Unless things go crazy, they are both competing with the rest of the NFC for 1 wildcard spot. I like to bet on longshots in wide open divisions (NFC South and East, AFC North) I actually think the AFC East is wide open this year too. Colts and Broncos should win their division easily (love Colts at +2500), but i think the other 4 AFC playoffs spots are up for grabs between basically every team but Oakland and Miami. I even give the Jags a smidge of a shot.

I bet similar to you on some SB futures but took a few favs mixed in
    Bills over 6.5

Cuse0323

I forgot how much I love the Giants futures until tonight. Nothing to do with the game, just a reminder. The over and them winning the division is a great bet to me.

Cardinals and Giants, my two futures for this year. Not the SB for the Giants though.

STAX

Cards are going no where this year I hate to say. 7 wins max

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I'm taking a long shot future. I'd never bet the falcons. I think they will finish at the bottom of the south. The front 7 of their D is a huge question, along with o line (Matthews should help). Panthers I worry secondary, offensive weapons, o line. The south will come down to the saints or Tampa.

like Cards, Rams, Jets bets. All have strong D, o lines that I like. Everyone of those teams is better than last year. Rams and cards are in the toughest division I've ever seen. I doubt they can even make the playoffs. And obv the jets aren't winning the Super Bowl so you'll be wasting money almost for sure.

everyone else on the list is drawing dead. Lions have a small chance, great front 4 and a lot of weapons on O. The bungles have a small chance on paper. But c'mon they never win a game that matters. Doubt that will change.