strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

Who's going to hoist the Lombardi in Arizona next February?

Wanted to get people's opinions on who they think is taking it, and why...

I've been looking at 49ers since the odds opened and keeping a close eye on their off season and it's by far the deepest team that's been under Harbaugh. Kaepernick was throwing to a gritty solid possession receiver in Boldin and the only real threat was Davis for more than the first half of last season. I believe if he had Crabtree from the beginning they would've edged Seattle for the division (lost it by 1 game) but that's neither here nor there. Kaepernick has his weapons in Boldin, Crabtree, V. Davis and now Stevie Johnson in the mix I think Kaep breaks out this year. I don't know where I read it either but they also have an easier schedule than Seahawks as far as traveling less miles, lighter back to back opponents with high projected wins, and also the bye in the mid season instead of early season for the Seahawks. The Defense takes a hit with Aldon and Bowman out but I believe after Ray Rice getting 2 games and Goddell saying Aldon's volunteering to check into rehab will help his case. Bowman is ahead of schedule and is looking to be back by week 7. The only weakness I see is obviously the secondary but I even think that's beefed up with Reid and Bethea (both pro bowl safeties) and Brock coming back for another solid season at CB and word is Jimmie Ward is an absolute beast on the other side.

I want to get your input on who you guys truly think will win it, not who has the best value but you think wins straight up like if your life depended on it

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

If SEA gets home field again, they aren't losing.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

The team with the least catastrophic injuries.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    The team with the least catastrophic injuries.
    By that logic, last year's SB would have been KC over PHI. Even if we could predict injuries, it's not the whole story.

Here's some interesting analysis from football outsiders:
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...ted-games-lost

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Hard not to like Frisco they are probably the best all around team and have what it takes to win in Jan which is DEFENSE! Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Donkos repping the Afc again they made some nice upgrades on defense and probably rally around Bowlen and make that their battle cry. Think Seattle takes a step back the hunger might not be there as much and that offense is highly suspect as it is but really in trouble if Lynch is not all in and let's the contract crap cause too many distractions.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    By that logic, last year's SB would have been KC over PHI. Even if we could predict injuries, it's not the whole story.

Here's some interesting analysis from football outsiders:
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...ted-games-lost
    Perhaps KC makes it if they don't lose Charles early in their playoff loss.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Hard not to like Frisco they are probably the best all around team and have what it takes to win in Jan which is DEFENSE! Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Donkos repping the Afc again they made some nice upgrades on defense and probably rally around Bowlen and make that their battle cry. Think Seattle takes a step back the hunger might not be there as much and that offense is highly suspect as it is but really in trouble if Lynch is not all in and let's the contract crap cause too many distractions.
    On paper, Seattle is the favorite. They have added speed to the offense, but there are many teams that could be improved with the additions made. The Bears could have as good an offense as anyone in the NFL and added a number of guys to the defense. How those guys come together will decide how far they can go. The Packers addressed the top 2 needs on defense. The Rams have always played their division tough and this will be the make or break year for Bradford. Niners should be in the mix as should the Saints and Falcons. Before the games are played and we can see what impacts rookies and free agents play on some of these teams, than it has to be Seattle followed by everyone else.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah I agree Meader the Nfc is still head of the class. Not even joking when I say this but the whole Nfc west could have a great shot at beating anyone the Afc can bring to the table with those defenses. Hope you are right about Da Bears I'm a longtime Oakland fan before anything but Chicago was my first team as a kid and still root for them. I like Cutler alot personally but not sure I trust him all that much in the big games.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Agree with you on Pack as well with Rodgers anything is possible if that defense can be solid at least. Far as Seattle I'm holding firm thinking they take a step back. Not saying the gm was rigged or trying to be sour here but that Seattle home field was beaten this past season in Jan by Frisco...If the zebras had not stepped in and made a couple huge momentum shifting calls the Hags way when SF were in the driver's seat! Disagree on Falcunts tho they are a soft pussy team and have been for years, probably throw the Aints in there as well. Neither team very tough and cannot win a tough gm on the road vs someone equipped to punch them in the mouth!
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 07-26-14 at 05:15 PM.

pettifogger
    pettifogger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jerruh Jones gets plastered by meteorite. Cowboys go 17-0. Romo and Bryant share league MVP.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Perhaps KC makes it if they don't lose Charles early in their playoff loss.
    They gave up 45 points in the playoffs, they deserved to lose. Even if they won, they weren't winning @NE & @DEN.

KC overachieved by staying healthy and beating up on a soft schedule. KC isn't that good and more like 8-8 this year.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Seattle, they have depth for days that ppl completely forget about, Lynch's back up is a starter on over half the teams in the league, they don't need Lynch, this hold out will barley last. No reason to believe it won't be Seattle.
    Points Awarded:

slacker00 gave bob6199 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: slacker00

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

New Orleans

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    New Orleans
    Definitely a team capable of knocking off SEA/SF if they can get home field.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Definitely a team capable of knocking off SEA/SF if they can get home field.
    Which I believe they will have. All over them at 16-1 odds

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

SF now at +1200 due to the struggles their first 2 pre season games. GET IT WHILE ITS HOT MY FRIENDS!!!!