LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

If Josh Gordon Loses Appeal of Suspension, Career COULD be Over

per Cleveland Plain Dealer:

Sources close to Josh Gordon tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer they're "concerned" Gordon "will have a tough time making it back into the NFL" if his one-year suspension stands.

The appeal of Gordon's ban will be held in late July. Per the Plain Dealer, the people are worried about Gordon losing his "support system," as he'll be away from the Browns' organization and ineligible to participate in football activities. The sources reportedly point to Jaguars WR Justin Blackmon, who was suspended indefinitely last November and is not expected to be reinstated in 2014.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

His own fault just a typical ghetto guy that does not know how to live in society

Libanese
    Libanese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Well if they are talking about his mental makeup, I would agree.

If they are talking physically, I would pull Gordon into my office and tell him they had hired a "personal life coach" for the year who will keep him on the straight and narrow and in shape. If he doesn't utilize this offer, they will have recourse but to release him.

By doing this, it all but insures knowing where Gordon's heart and head are during his suspension.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Why do these thugs need a support system? Have you ever seen soccer player at the World Cup needing a support system to play?

Tough luck Gordon. Don't do the crime so you won't do the time you spoiled brat.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 07-05-14 at 08:28 AM.

Libanese

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Why do these thugs need a support system? Have you ever seen soccer player at the World Cup needing a support system to play?

Tough luck Gordon. Don't do the crime so you won't to the time you spoiled brat.
    Pavy, I'm talking from an owners perspective. This is my investment. I'm trying to make Gordon's feelings about his future transparent.

Do I think as a person, Gordon deserves a personal life coach? No. As an investment, it's almost a no brainer.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I don't know Lebanese. They pay this bum millions and they ask him to come to the park 16 times a year and run and occasionally catch a ball thrown in his general direction. And this baboon needs a support system or o a personal life coach to do it. All he does is run and catches a ball once every quarter in a game.

Libanese

I don't know Lebanese. They pay this bum millions and they ask him to come to the park 16 times a year and run and occasionally catch a ball thrown in his general direction. And this baboon needs a support system or o a personal life coach to do it. All he does is run and catches a ball once every quarter in a game.
    Regardless how limited and task light his work load is, it's what they pay him to do.

When he does do it, he is arguably one of the 3 best in the league.

Cleveland can for a pretty nominal fee assure they know how to go forward with him by getting him a life coach.

I mean, if he disagrees with the idea or at anytime walks away from the life coach, Cleveland would know to start trade talks or release him outright.

It's a lot better than waiting a year and hoping he stays on the straight and narrow on his own.

smittyallsports
    smittyallsports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6929

I mean are you a moron or something? You are too busy trying to be witty and clever while completely missing the point.

jjgold

these guys just love drugs and getting women pregnant too much paver

its their life..oh yeh and IQ's of 20

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    these guys just love drugs and getting women pregnant too much paver

its their life..oh yeh and IQ's of 20
    Can you imagine if you go to an interview for a job and you ask your boss for a support system and a personal life coach else you won't be able to cut grass or paint houses?

Libanese

Can you imagine if you go to an interview for a job and you ask your boss for a support system and a personal life coach else you won't be able to cut grass or paint houses?
    He's not interviewing though.

He is under a contract.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 326

Quote Originally Posted by Libanese View Post
    He's not interviewing though.

He is under a contract.
    Ya they want him to be able to get back to being great and helping them win. Manny painters out there not that many josh gordons

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

gordon is simply a case of a guy that never had any money that now has a million dollars.....thats enough for him to buy a house, car, and all the weed he wants.....what he doesnt realize is that if he plays by the rules....theres 50 million out there for him.....instead hes just lighting 50 mil on fire

the guy hasnt even made 4 million dollars in his career yet....so tax that and thats about what he really has....for most people its great....for an nfl guy expected to live the lifestyle and who is on the verge of stardom...its shit.......hope he gets shit straight...hes basically rolling a joint inside of a winning lottery ticket

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Libanese View Post
    Well if they are talking about his mental makeup, I would agree.

If they are talking physically, I would pull Gordon into my office and tell him they had hired a "personal life coach" for the year who will keep him on the straight and narrow and in shape. If he doesn't utilize this offer, they will have recourse but to release him.

By doing this, it all but insures knowing where Gordon's heart and head are during his suspension.
    That's well said Libaweed

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11101

What rock are you living under? Footballers dope and use more drugs than NBA and NFL combined. Since 2010, UK anti-doping, FIFA, don't even keep records nor make failed drug tests public. Prior to 2010 at least a dozen players a year would get busted for recreational drug use (cocaine, ecstasy, marijuana)

Diego Maradona

Midfielder soccer star Diego Maradona struggled with a twenty-year cocaine addiction, leading to three suspensions and multiple failed drug tests during his career.

The last time a player tested positive at this event was 20 years ago, when Diego Maradona was kicked out of the 1994 tournament for using the stimulant ephedrine.

Do you really believe that no one has had a drug problem in 20 years???

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...topping#!8R4AN
    The truth is that soccer may have had a doping problem for longer than anyone is willing to admit. Doping in the sport can be traced back to the 1950s, when the West Germany team at the 1954 World Cup was found to be under the influence of pervitin. After beating Hungary in the final, a caretaker at the host stadium reportedly found discarded syringes on the floor of the West Germany dressing room.
    More recently, the WADA recorded 117 anti-doping rule violations among FIFA-registered athletes in 2011, which is the highest number of positive tests in any of the professional sports committed to WADA regulations.

FIFA President, Sepp Blatter, who actually sits on the WADA board, seems unconcerned by the prospect of widespread doping in soccer, once remarking that "it is not a question of fighting doping. But one should not really go for a witch-hunt." Anyone who raises the discussion of doping in soccer is quickly discredited by powerful figures, such as Blatter. It is this sort of resistance that soccer must dissolve.
    For instance, when Jean Pierre Paclet, a former French national team doctor, explained in his bookL'Implosion that several French players provided dubious blood samples at the 1998 World Cup, a tournament won by France, little note was taken. That was the case even after it emerged Didier Deschamps, captain of the French team, had once recorded a red blood cell count of 51.2 percent, a reading that would have seen him reprimanded in competitive cycling.
    Many are in no doubt of doping's prevalence in the sport. "Doping exists in soccer," Marcel Desailly, a World Cup winner with France in 1998, put it bluntly. "That's so obvious it would be stupid to deny it." Arsene Wenger once noted the "abnormally high" blood values of players arriving at Arsenal, adding, "some clubs dope players without their knowledge."

Tough luck Gordon. Don't do the crime so you won't do the time you spoiled brat.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11101

I'm all for legalizing drugs, especially Marijuana BUT to say that it's not addictive is horseshit. Gordon had $5 million reasons to quit but couldn't/wouldn't. So did Will Hill, Lavon Brazill, Daryl Washington, Brandon Browner, etc...

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should just switch to addictive painkillers like the government and NFL want you to do
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: texhooper

Libanese

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    That's well said Libaweed
    Thank you. I will try to live up to the standards of Seaweed.

I have no idea how he posts or if he was any good, but so far he seems like people love him or hate him.

Reminds me of a former poster I am close with from back in the day circa 2009

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Usually when a guy takes a year off, they are never the same person. Most likely this kids career is over. I hope he proves me wrong.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

what a fukking waste. this guy is so talented but has an iq of a mole rat.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I'm all for legalizing drugs, especially Marijuana BUT to say that it's not addictive is horseshit. Gordon had $5 million reasons to quit but couldn't/wouldn't. So did Will Hill, Lavon Brazill, Daryl Washington, Brandon Browner, etc...
    cigarette is harder to quit than weed... and this is from experience.

these athletes are just weak minded or just plain stupid.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    What rock are you living under? Footballers dope and use more drugs than NBA and NFL combined. Since 2010, UK anti-doping, FIFA, don't even keep records nor make failed drug tests public. Prior to 2010 at least a dozen players a year would get busted for recreational drug use (cocaine, ecstasy, marijuana)

Diego Maradona

Midfielder soccer star Diego Maradona struggled with a twenty-year cocaine addiction, leading to three suspensions and multiple failed drug tests during his career.

The last time a player tested positive at this event was 20 years ago, when Diego Maradona was kicked out of the 1994 tournament for using the stimulant ephedrine.

Do you really believe that no one has had a drug problem in 20 years???

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...topping#!8R4AN
    The truth is that soccer may have had a doping problem for longer than anyone is willing to admit. Doping in the sport can be traced back to the 1950s, when the West Germany team at the 1954 World Cup was found to be under the influence of pervitin. After beating Hungary in the final, a caretaker at the host stadium reportedly found discarded syringes on the floor of the West Germany dressing room.
    More recently, the WADA recorded 117 anti-doping rule violations among FIFA-registered athletes in 2011, which is the highest number of positive tests in any of the professional sports committed to WADA regulations.

FIFA President, Sepp Blatter, who actually sits on the WADA board, seems unconcerned by the prospect of widespread doping in soccer, once remarking that "it is not a question of fighting doping. But one should not really go for a witch-hunt." Anyone who raises the discussion of doping in soccer is quickly discredited by powerful figures, such as Blatter. It is this sort of resistance that soccer must dissolve.
    For instance, when Jean Pierre Paclet, a former French national team doctor, explained in his bookL'Implosion that several French players provided dubious blood samples at the 1998 World Cup, a tournament won by France, little note was taken. That was the case even after it emerged Didier Deschamps, captain of the French team, had once recorded a red blood cell count of 51.2 percent, a reading that would have seen him reprimanded in competitive cycling.
    Many are in no doubt of doping's prevalence in the sport. "Doping exists in soccer," Marcel Desailly, a World Cup winner with France in 1998, put it bluntly. "That's so obvious it would be stupid to deny it." Arsene Wenger once noted the "abnormally high" blood values of players arriving at Arsenal, adding, "some clubs dope players without their knowledge."

Who said footballers don't do drugs?

I said they don't need a support system to stay off drugs.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Johnny Football will not be pleased.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you fukkin kidding me? Arrested again?

At least he was festive:

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20316

Ok now he's just stupid

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

No need to suspend him guys. Lets get him a support system together along with a personal life coach so he won't drink and drive.

Libanese

No need to suspend him guys. Lets get him a support system together along with a personal life coach so he won't drink and drive.

If it keeps him on the straight and narrow and he's able to play football to the level he his able, it's fiscally imperative the owner does it.

Last time I checked a life coach for a year costs 1/20th of what a POSSIBLE stud WR would cost.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Dime a dozen. Ain't hard to find a receiver these days with the joke nfl rules.

Dude was never even good in college.
    Just a lot of garbage time with Cleveland cause there always losing. Throw it up enough times, someone's gotta catch it.

jjgold

K13 correct

Plenty of guys that can do what he does

He finished with a lifetime ban coming

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Why couldn't this guy behave himself?

He needs to find Jesus.

jjgold

guy a loser

nobody would even care if he died

Libanese

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Dime a dozen. Ain't hard to find a receiver these days with the joke nfl rules.

Dude was never even good in college.
    Just a lot of garbage time with Cleveland cause there always losing. Throw it up enough times, someone's gotta catch it.
    He wasn't making catches in garbage time. He is a top 5 WR.

If it's so easy finding a stud WR, why doesn't every team have one?

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20316

He's easily a top 5 WR....but that means nothing now since he probably won't play again.

Both him and Justin Blackmon wasting their careers/life away with stupid decisions.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

This brotha needs a role model

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I still don't get it. If I had that kind of money, I would never drive again. Hire me a personal driver every where I go. At minimum, if you go out to drink - have a driver. No excuse. Ship him off to the CFL.

123 Last