Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Do you agree with Vince Wilforks request to be released?

He is one of my fav players. He would be the highest paid nose tackle at 8mil this year. He feels that he worked for the money and he did have on of the smaller salary while waiting for this. If they release wilfork and his 8mil it will clear 3.6mil in cap debt safe. Is he selfish or is he is just asking for what is owed and agreed and shouldn't budge?

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Rare game changing type of player, think he is worth what he asks. Pats are cheap, they should pay up

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    He is one of my fav players. He would be the highest paid nose tackle at 8mil this year. He feels that he worked for the money and he did have on of the smaller salary while waiting for this. If they release wilfork and his 8mil it will clear 3.6mil in cap debt safe. Is he selfish or is he is just asking for what is owed and agreed and shouldn't budge?
    He is due $7.5 million but he knows the Patriots aren't paying that to him, period, end of discussion. They will not pay his current contract and he will not restructure, so all he is saying is "since you're going to cut me anyway, please cut me now when I can maximize my value on the open market instead of waiting a couple months"

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Rare game changing type of player, think he is worth what he asks. Pats are cheap, they should pay up
    He is a 32 year old coming off a huge injury. He is not worth the $7.5 million due on his current deal and he will not be making that much next year (average annual value) no matter where he ends up.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Money is money in NFL. Avg career 5 years.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    He is a 32 year old coming off a huge injury. He is not worth the $7.5 million due on his current deal and he will not be making that much next year (average annual value) no matter where he ends up.
    Hes not a running back. Guy just needs to plug the running lanes and he is easily worth 7.5 mil

He takes double teams every time and you only need 3 linemen to be effective against the run. Allows other players 1v1 opportunities. Imagine how many sacks Chandler Jones would have if wilfork played with him

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    He is due $7.5 million but he knows the Patriots aren't paying that to him, period, end of discussion. They will not pay his current contract and he will not restructure, so all he is saying is "since you're going to cut me anyway, please cut me now when I can maximize my value on the open market instead of waiting a couple months"
    Yep. Rumor is the Pats asked him to take a pay cut and he's basically saying "FU".