SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Obviously you take Johnny. He drives ticket sales and gives the whole organization a boost. Then you use the 2nd rd to get offensive lineman and 3rd too. In the 4th try to get a FB or TE.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

I don't really get the bortles hype . He has a good attitude and he's competitive and probably works hard but I just don't think hell be a guy to put an nfl franchise on its back

Harold Baines
    Harold Baines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

Clowney should be the pick based on talent alone. Stud defensive ends are very tough to come by. That said, I'm not sure that I'm confident in what will happen once he has millions in his bank account. He already seemed to be resting on his laurels last year. Maybe he's just a 'personality' who will be a star, maybe he turns into a real problem and gets lazy/himself into trouble. The guy already has a lot of baggage. I think that Houston is going to take Bridgewater.

I don't know what to make of Johnny Football. In theory, you wouldn't think that he would translate very well to the NFL, but I don't think that you can write him off. I'm sure he will help sell a lot of tickets, which is why I think he will end up in Jacksonville.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Per Tony Pauline:

Quote:
    At last count at least 17 quarterback coaches polled at the combine rank Derek Carr over Johnny Manziel.

I don't get the manziel hype either. Its a love or hate thing with him I guess. For me its either teddy or jadeveon. If you feel you can't put the franchise on teddys back then go clowney. Then hope you can fix schaub cause these qbs aren't good after teddy and blake . A lot of love from nfl teams on carr but I don't know if houston wants to go down that carr route again lol

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    I don't really get the bortles hype . He has a good attitude and he's competitive and probably works hard but I just don't think hell be a guy to put an nfl franchise on its back
    Yeah I am not saying I agree with it or anything, but it is what it is. Try to find a book offering future odds on the NFL Draft that has nice odds on Bortles going #1 overall.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Manziel seems to have a shotgun of an arm

Clowney could be a flop if he gets injured

Easier for DB to get hurt vs QB

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

this is like draft advice from Big Bear/Nino/Drinker in here

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11612

Clowney is "best player available" and there is space between him and whoever the debate says is next. Playing with Watt would only increase his impact.

Or Houston's GM can try and figure out which of the 3 QBs is the best.

Houston picks Clowney. It would be idiotic not to.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

all this hype for manziel and he will be another bust.the he will have more interceptions than tds every year he plays.better make his money now cause he will be another tebow or couch

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Clowney is "best player available" and there is space between him and whoever the debate says is next. Playing with Watt would only increase his impact.

This has been covered, O'Brien does not like Clowney's worth ethic, he won't take him if he has final say.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If I am Houston, I trade down with Cleveland and pick up a high 2nd round pick. There are a lot of QB's out there. Maniel has impressed no one. Clowney is a head case and apparently suseptable to injury.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Clowney is obviously a physical specimen......but lazy as can be. He had 3 sacks last season! THREE SACKS!! He sounds like another Albert Haynesworth. You can't teach desire. Don't waste your $$, Houston. Trade down for more picks. This draft is supposedly deep. The Texans are needy in a lot of areas. Last year was an embarrassment. Pass on the Clown and restock!! As for Manziel, everyone knows he's a punk. The kid is exciting though. I can definitely see him performing in the NFL. He's worth a gamble, but not at #1.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22786

JM is the pick, spoke with Steve after the Bowl Win & there are issues with the Clown..

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    JM is the pick, spoke with Steve after the Bowl Win & there are issues with the Clown..

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post

Dam good post. The more i think about it Bye is right. Clowney is an animal who is ready to go. AND there will still be a lot of good QB's left when they pick in the 2nd.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Dam good post. The more i think about it Bye is right. Clowney is an animal who is ready to go. AND there will still be a lot of good QB's left when they pick in the 2nd.
    Which QBs in this draft are "good"? Which ones are falling to the second round?

andrew64
    andrew64's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Clowney will be Number 1

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bortles by a mile. Thank me later.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Later round Sleepers

Lamarcus Joyner CB FSU

Tre Mason RB Auburn