RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Seahwaks Cracked Mannings Hand Signals in 1st Quarter

Seahawks star Richard Sherman says they cracked Peyton Manning's hand signal code during the Super Bowl so they were able to predict every play

• Controversial quarterback Richard Sherman said that he and the other defenders were able to 'crack the code' on Manning's hand signals
    • Said they figured out which plays went with which hand motions during the first quarter of the Super Bowl
    • Sherman equated the game to a mental match, saying they were 'playing chess, not checkers' on the field on Sunday
    • Seattle won 43-8 in a surprisingly low-scoring game for the Broncos

By Meghan Keneally
    PUBLISHED: 09:25 EST, 4 February 2014 | UPDATED: 10:25 EST, 4 February 2014

The Seattle Seahawks have revealed that a good part of their defensive strategy at the Super Bowl came from the fact that they were able to decode Peyton Manning's hand signals on the field.
    Controversial corner back Richard Sherman said that he and his fellow defenders cracked the code that the Denver Broncos quarterback was using, meaning that they knew exactly what to expect for each play.
    'We knew what route concepts they liked on different downs, so we jumped all the routes. Then we figured out the hand signals for a few of the route audibles in the first half,' he said.

Cracking the code: The Seattle defense allegedly figured out what plays were associated with each of Peyton Manning's calls, meaning that they were able to prepare for them precisely each play

Reading the field: Manning reportedly changes his hand signals each game, but Seahawks' corner back Richard Sherman said that they were able to break the code during the first quarter of the Super Bowl

Not change enough: Though he only said 'Omaha' twice during the game, he did stick to his same hand signals throughout, meaning that the Seahawks were able to use their cracked code in all four quarters

If true, that would explain why the Broncos had so much trouble scoring, getting their only points on the board in the third quarter.
    'All we did was play situational football,' Sherman told Sports Illustrated's blog The MMQB (The Monday Morning Quarterback).

'Me, Earl (Thomas), Kam (Chancellor)... we’re not just three All-Pro players. We’re three All-Pro minds.'

The Stanford-educated football player, who took criticism and was fined for his self-agrandizing speech following the NFC Championship playoff game, later described the Super Bowl as 'playing chess, not checkers'.

Victorious: Richard Sherman got hurt during the game, but that didn't stop him from celebrating afterwards

Bad way to end: The five-time NFL MVP was clearly disappointed in his performance

New title: The Super Bowl loss means that Manning has taken over the title of 'most post season losses by a quarterback' which was previously held by Brett Favre

Manning's hand signals are known within the league for being one of his common traits on the field, just as the call 'Omaha' is associated with the 37-year-old.
    Manning is so closely associated with 'Omaha' that 15 companies pledged to donate $1,500 to charity each time that he said it during the Super Bowl.
    Instead of his typical double digit mentions, he only said it twice during Sunday night's big game. (By comparison, Fox Sports reported that he said it 31 times during the AFC title game.)
    In post game interviews, however, Manning and other Broncos offensive linemen explained that the noise at MetLife stadium stopped some of their verbal messages to one another.

Hero's welcome: The Seahawks arrived back Monday ahead of the Wednesday parade in their honor

Home ground: Sherman, who is now on crutches, and the team arrived back in Seattle Monday morning

'None of us heard the snap count,' Denver offensive lineman Manny Ramirez said.
    'I thought I did and when I snapped it, I guess Peyton was actually trying to walk up to me at the time. I'm not 100 per cent sure. It's unfortunate things didn't go as planned.'
    As for the hand signals, Manning is said to change them every game but this time the other team was paying very close attention early on, explaining how they were able to thwart his plans in the first quarter.
    The other problem that plagued Manning was that he didn't switch up the system after realizing that it wasn't working.
    'Now, if Peyton had thrown in some double moves, if he had gone out of character, we could’ve been exposed,' Sherman said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dict-play.html

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

seattle was a better team. they were faster and they were tougher in every phase. they took advantage of the refs not calling the hand checking and grabbing and denver could not overcome that. the finesse bullshit was not working against this team. manning is old and his arm sucks, sorry buddy not working against this defense unless you can run for 150 yds and no turnovers. get tougher or go home.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Hard to believe they were smart enough to think that fast...they're football players

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

dude went to stanford, hes smart

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    He's smart enough to create this bullshit story. Just like the interview with that ho Andrews. He's taking the public for a ride.

Twiz
    Twiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1018

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    Dude got a 1000 on his SAT. He's a true idiot. Watch his interview with skip and try to say differently...

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

If it was that easy to figure out Peyton, teams would have been doing it a decade ago.

But it is fun to know the play beforehand. Back when I played, coach moved me from offense to defense, I was lighting people up for a while in practice because I knew what they were running every time.

TommyDog
    TommyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

If Sherman is smart enough to pick up Manning's hand signals, he's smart enough not to reveal it publicly.

That being said, I remember years and years ago, a below-average St. Louis defense completely shutting down Tony Dorsett. After the game I was listening to KMOX out of St. Louis, and one of the Cards' defensive players was being interviewed. He was asked about why Dorsett gained next to nothing...... "Simple, whenever Tony wore his mouthpiece we knew he was getting the ball. When the mouthpiece was in his hand the ball was going elsewhere."

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Thanks for giving Manning a heads up since these two will see each other again in the regular season next year, assuming Manning doesn't retire. Dude was probably not smart enough to realize he plays the AFC west in 2014. This same dude also called the 49ers the 2nd best team for a reason after the Superbowl. He finally got it into his thick skull that he will see those same 49ers that he thrashed twice next year, so he better biotch up and apologize because them Niners are going to take him out Talib style, LOL.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

wow

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Not sure how much of a difference it made, but why say anything? Oh well, I don't get a lot of things lol

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Just goes to show how imcompetent a coach john fox is. Don't even change up your signals for a fukkin superbowl whenyou have 2 weeks of prep time.

Baldwin said they studied film the whole 2 weeks and picked up on the hand signs.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

They cracked his confidence in 30 seconds.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Or maybe, they were just better.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Sherman is more educated than 90% of the NFL. That being said he is not a genius. He graduated second in his class but of course that was Compton. His 990 SAT is below average. His wonderlic was 24.

If any poster here had an SAT of 990 without his athletic ability, they wouldn't be able to get into a decent university let alone Stanford.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Just watched the game again on NFL NETWORK. The Broncos actually moved the ball well in the 2nd quarter despite what this idiot claims. Prior to the Manning pick six the Broncos were in decent field goal range, and just before half time Juliuis gets bumped with no PI called at the 10 yard line. Denver had a great chance to cut that game 10-15 and it would of been a different game.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Just watched the game again on NFL NETWORK. The Broncos actually moved the ball well in the 2nd quarter despite what this idiot claims. Prior to the Manning pick six the Broncos were in decent field goal range, and just before half time Juliuis gets bumped with no PI called at the 10 yard line. Denver had a great chance to cut that game 10-15 and it would of been a different game.
    I agree broncos win if they get that PI call.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Fix was in, that's the only decode.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Thanks for giving Manning a heads up since these two will see each other again in the regular season next year, assuming Manning doesn't retire. Dude was probably not smart enough to realize he plays the AFC west in 2014. This same dude also called the 49ers the 2nd best team for a reason after the Superbowl. He finally got it into his thick skull that he will see those same 49ers that he thrashed twice next year, so he better biotch up and apologize because them Niners are going to take him out Talib style, LOL.
    they can give noodle arm and his band of punk illegal pick setting wrs all the info they want it wont change the fact they soft like every team peyton ever been a part of or that welker scared to death to even touch a ball against a real d.. hopefully a real contender emerges out of nowhere in the pathetic afc where all you gotta do is beat the sorry ass chargers and a pats team that was pulling guys off the street to fill in..or do you think getting some pothead defensive end back gonna change things? i guess it be funny to watch peyton get another free pass to sb so sf can kick the shit out of him next.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

i still say john fox is a idiot , only coach in football worse than him is les miles ..two pure fuk ups

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    i still say john fox is a idiot , only coach in football worse than him is les miles ..two pure fuk ups
    not his fault elway brought in a qb that cant throw.. they be better off if elway suited back up..

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Sea........hawks!!!!!!

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

some guys just make a habit out of making themselves look like fukking retards... sherman is one of them

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

richard sherman has big nostrils, he can initimidate white players with his external openings
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-19-15 at 10:22 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-19-15 at 10:22 AM. Reason: image does not exist

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    they can give noodle arm and his band of punk illegal pick setting wrs all the info they want it wont change the fact they soft like every team peyton ever been a part of or that welker scared to death to even touch a ball against a real d.. hopefully a real contender emerges out of nowhere in the pathetic afc where all you gotta do is beat the sorry ass chargers and a pats team that was pulling guys off the street to fill in..or do you think getting some pothead defensive end back gonna change things? i guess it be funny to watch peyton get another free pass to sb so sf can kick the shit out of him next.
    funny how you mention free passes to the SB

like when the 16-0 pats beat the freaking Jags and a Chargers team where the star RB TE & QB were all injured.

or in 2011 when all the pats had to do was punk the Teblow Broncos and then watch as the Ravens choked at the end of the AFCCG... another free ride to the SB to lose to the Giants yet again

talking bout easy roads to the Super Bowl