Jakenv21
    Update your status
    Jakenv21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6714

My immediate reaction when I first saw the matchup was, the only way Denver wins this game is if the old Denver shows up.

What do I mean old Denver? Well the first half of the year team. The one that put up over 40 almost every week. The one that rushed to the line almost every play to catch the D off guard. Obviously there was no way they could keep that up all year as the D would get tired and killed with injuries. They seem to have slowed their pace down. Can they get back to their old ways? Absolutely. Will they is the better question.

Most of the games Denver played was against the bottom half of league in defense and didn't really play any stellar defense. Seattle played one of the better offenses in the league New Orleans and shut them down twice.

Seattle wins IMO. someone debunk my argument.
    Last edited by Jakenv21; 02-01-14 at 03:09 PM.

badboybrown
    badboybrown's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 797

They beat the chit out of Pats, so i have to roll with Manning for the win. Easy money this year, cash it!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Jakenv21 View Post
    My immediate reaction when I first saw the matchup was, the only way Denver wins this game is if the old Denver shows up.

What do I mean old Denver? Well the first half of the year team. The one that put up over 40 alm
    Half of Denver's players are on IR from the early part of the season. Seattle is actually getting guys like Harvin back.

Jakenv21
    Update your status
    Jakenv21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6714

Quote Originally Posted by badboybrown View Post
    They beat the chit out of Pats, so i have to roll with Manning for the win. Easy money this year, cash it!
    The only argument people make for Denver is Manning this Manning that

badboybrown

one of the top offenses in the league this year, thats where i get my stats jake.

badboybrown

Not a manning fan but he stepped up this year broke records and made a few believers believe in him again, I am a die hard Pats fan, but Denver brought it to us. The better team won that game and the better team will win the Superbowl. good luck with your bet.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by badboybrown View Post
    Not a manning fan but he stepped up this year broke records and made a few believers believe in him again, I am a die hard Pats fan, but Denver brought it to us. The better team won that game and the better team will win the Superbowl. good luck with your bet.
    Breaking records is the kiss of death. Remember when Brady broke all the records, he lost in the Super Bowl. Remember when Peyton broke all the records the first time, almost 10 years ago, he lost in the playoffs. Back in 1998, Minnesota was breaking all the records but couldn't get it done in the playoffs. Heck, go back to when Dan Marino set every record that wouldn't be broken for decades, he lost to Joe Montana's 49ers in the Super Bowl.

If a QB has to carry a team like that, they are one-dimenional and it catches up to them against legitimate defenses. Lucky for Peyton, all of the legitimate defenses were in the NFC this year (SEA, SF, CAR), so at least he got to make it to the Super Bowl this year by passing through a down year for the AFC.

badboybrown

Agree SLACK, Good points. i'm still going with Denver. Good luck on your bet and side.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakenv21 View Post

What do I mean old Denver? Well the first half of the year team. The one that put up over 40 almost every week. The one that rushed to the line almost every play to catch the D off guard. Obviously there was no way they could keep that up all year as the D would get tired and killed with injuries. They seem to have slowed their pace down. Can they get back to their old ways? Absolutely. Will they is the better question.

Most of the games Denver played was against the bottom half of league in defense and didn't really play any stellar defense. Seattle played one of the better offenses in the league New Orleans and shut them down twice.

Seattle wins IMO. someone debunk my argument.
    This is ridiculous. You mean they played better defense and were more methodical on offense? You don't beat strong defensive teams by trying to hit homeruns on every possession. This is not a game to play loose.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22140

Den did in fact chg their style of play but I think that was mainly b/c they realized their defense sucked. Defense got exposed even more b/c of how quick the den offensive possesions were. Hurry up? Not anymore. Manning runs to the line, says omaha, and other garbage, and then they snap it with 1 second on the play clock.

MikeyD323
    MikeyD323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 387

Clearly denver is gna smash fruithawks. I already have 1K on it. Id post a pic if i knew how lol