OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Seahawks are ATS beasts, look at the numbers not the teams for MNF

"Saints are SB contenders they say" and 6.5 or +7 is too much? I thought the same thing until I saw the numbers of the Hawks ATS numbers at home. The number did seem high but the Hawks have every ATS trend going their way. Plus with Payton I thought theres no way he would lose by more than a TD since he's the best preparing a gameplan in the league behind Belicheat.

Despite being put in the SB by nearly everyone from pundits to vegas, they are still 7-4 ATS this year as favorites in all 11 games. The seahawks this year:

-They are 16-5 ATS (and 17-4 SU) in home games over the last 3 years
    -They are 2-1 ATS (3-0 SU) this year and 5-1 ATS in the past 3 years against NFC south teams
    -They are 8-1 ATS in december games the last 3 years
    -Against teams over .500 during the second half of the year they are 8-0 ATS

Meanwhile the Saints are
    -1-4 ATS on the road this year
    -0-3 ATS (0-3 SU) as a short road dog the past 3 years
    -0-2 ATS this year in a road game with a moderate total 45-49
    -1-4 ATS (2-3 SU) against NFC West teams the past 3 years

(Edit: For those that don't follow ATS trends because they look like cherrypicking numbers, you will suffer the same failure I did two years ago when I would only use numbers and trends to confirm my hunch instead of guide them)

Now, having said that do I think the Seahawks win a blowout? No not likely. The seahawks very well could have 5 losses as 4 of their wins came on the opposing team not making a play on its last offensive touch of the game (Panthers fumbled inside the 10, the Rams couldnt score 1st and goal at the 6, the Texans blew a huge 4th quarter lead, etc). However, despite all this the Hawks are outperforming a heavy public favorite and covering the juiced up lines they are getting.

Be cautious of the Saints, I switched from Saints +7 to hawks -6

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Winner