No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

You've just gotta love the NFL

Damn "sharp" lines on these last two games, eh?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Scripted perfectly by Vegas ....lmao

NFL is sooooo fixed it's hilarious.

JassieJames
    JassieJames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

How can anyone ever say the NFL is not fixed?

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

Quote Originally Posted by JassieJames View Post
    How can anyone ever say the NFL is not fixed?
    who are you gonna fix? players that are millionaires? the subtle change of rules in the middle of a game? lol

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Yeah these primetime games seem to always be extra ,"sharp" with crazy endings don't they?!? With that said tho final score pretty common for this matchup they are always tight as hell.

DoggyStyle
    Stackin' Stacks
    DoggyStyle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

when you write the game it's easy to predict an accurate line set. NFL is scripted almost as bad as the NBA anymore.

Phanteezy
    Phanteezy's Avatar Become A Pro!

That spread hit feels so so good on the other side

JassieJames
    JassieJames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

Nfl = wwe

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Steelers player was inhibited during the 2 points conversion therefore the game ends in whatever favors Vegas %'s.

Happy Thanksgiving.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by JassieJames View Post
    Nfl = wwe
    At least every sensible person knows the WWE is fake. There are still some foolish people here that believe the NFL is 100% legit.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Shouldn't the NFL's motto echo the NBA's... "Where Amazing happens"?!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Since when the fukk can the coach stand on the field of play when an opposing player is running down the field?

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

that cowboys game ****** sooooo many people its sickening

bradleysnyder

I was counting it as a win.The fact that dallas had to settle fir that FG after having it 1st and goal from the 5 is beyond me.So so sick.Absolutley killed my night with that bullshit in the dallas game.

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

Books actually lose when games come out close to the line. Lots of pushes and all teasers win. Vegas hates games like today.

Not saying there isn't corruption in the world. Just not likely in this case.

cburland10
    cburland10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 788

Somewhat new to betting.. Do people actually think professional sports are staged?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
    Books actually lose when games come out close to the line. Lots of pushes and all teasers win. Vegas hates games like today.

Actually the books made out with Baltimore winning but not covering the 2.5/3

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

At the end of the night, when people who lost bets and people who are just blown away at how close the lines were are discussing how rigged and scripted the NFL is, no one ever explains exactly how an NFL game gets "fixed." Like someone go through the process of what happened say, tonight, for example.

bradleysnyder

Quote Originally Posted by cburland10 View Post
    Somewhat new to betting.. Do people actually think professional sports are staged?

I can tell you FIRST hand its not fixed to the knowledge of the players anyway.I know someone who is VERY close to brady quinn and it has been a question asked too him for me.His exact reply was NO the nfl is not rigged and people who think that have a gambling problem,that is why they think that....It luterally has been confirmed by him that it is NOT fixed

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

Quote Originally Posted by cburland10 View Post
    Yep...it's a common topic here. I think it makes people feel better after losing. Kind of like going home and beating your wife after your boss tells you you're a piece of shit for the 100th time.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

fyi not everyone who believes sports are rigged lost their bet. this is the common comeback when someone mentions they think a game was fixed. this comeback is for lack of a better description is cerebrally lacking. yes sports games are rigged and yes on a massive scale. if you need someone to spell it out for you then you just might be a moron. good day people.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by Potentate View Post
    At the end of the night, when people who lost bets and people who are just blown away at how close the lines were are discussing how rigged and scripted the NFL is, no one ever explains exactly how an NFL game gets "fixed." Like someone go through the process of what happened say, tonight, for example.
    Well for example Potentate, look at the way games are officiated, people say they are "rules" but those exact rules exist to control the outcomes of games.

Not to say that every game is fixed, you cannot make up for live variables and outcomes, but on any given play a ref can throw a flag - holding is rampant through the NFL - so why does it favor certain teams in a game and not others??

It's just to control the flow and generally the outcome of a game. I find that refs contribute more to totals than spreads, but ultimately those calls influence everything.

At least penalties in the NFL don't lead directly to points like in the NBA....

bradleysnyder

i use to question the integrity of all professional sports,but when you put it in simple terms what does anyone who makes millions play pro sports have to gain by fixing it?Kinda like the heat coneback last year when allen hit that 3 with seconds left???How can you fix him hitting that corner shot with secinds left and two defenders in his face?You cant script that.....You cant make him hit that shot.That was pure luck on the part of the heat.Unless the ball and hoop are magnetic and a sqitch was flipped on that shot then its not possible to fix a shot like that

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Anyone that blames games on being "fixed" however should realize what they are doing ultimately, it's gambling.

We have all lost and won by hooks, and penalties that have resulted in our favor or opposite. It's part of gambling.

bo281
    bo281's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1241

Quote Originally Posted by bradleysnyder View Post
    I was counting it as a win.The fact that dallas had to settle fir that FG after having it 1st and goal from the 5 is beyond me.So so sick.Absolutley killed my night with that bullshit in the dallas game.
    Comments like this are hilarious. When did you mark it as a win,for the 45 seconds of game time they were covering by 1 pt? Dallas was clearly the wrong pick from the opening kick off, just don't see how anyone who is a regular bettor can come here and bitch about that game. Ravens bettors is a different story.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by bradleysnyder View Post
    I can tell you FIRST hand its not fixed to the knowledge of the players anyway.I know someone who is VERY close to brady quinn and it has been a question asked too him for me.His exact reply was NO the nfl is not rigged and people who think that have a gambling problem,that is why they think that....It luterally has been confirmed by him that it is NOT fixed

So Brady Quinn is your reference??? Quinn is a complete joke and is not the right person to be asking. The easiest players to pay off that are under the radar but can have a dramatic impact on the score of a game are not the quarterbacks .....it's the cornerbacks and safeties.

Mikhail is right in saying that not all people that believe the NFL is fixed are on the losing end. When I saw that Ravens was going to let Pitt have that one last drive, I immediately put a live bet on Steelers. I've been betting on this sport for too long to not see a backdoor cover when it's brewing. That Steelers 3rd and 23 play converting on a screen play was hilarious.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

understanding that games are controlled and not up to chance does not mean you cannot be successful at capping and wagering them. On the contrary, it's actually makes you a better handicapper. Since I've opened my mind and eyes to the big picture I've found that I am better able to make decisions regarding my picks and overall capping.

cburland10
    cburland10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 788

I doubt that the players in any way are getting paid off. I think it's more likely the referees involved in that.

nammertl
    nammertl's Avatar Become A Pro!

i just love how objective this thread is. lol.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MatI

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

This is why it always pays to tease the NFL games. What do you want to bet the Seahawks win on Monday night by 3 points?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

damn right i love nfl...hit dal over at open which beat closer by 5 points and got the keesh, hit pit/bal 1st half under, and relaxed as dal and pit teased was never a concern for me

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Had Dallas (-9) and Baltimore-Pittsburgh under 41 in 2K Combo. Guess what:
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 08-12-15 at 11:53 AM. Reason: image does not exist

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by mtofell View Post

Exactly, Vegas did not have a good day. Killed on parlays and teasers.

12 Last