Betpoints: 843

C-Gold's week 13 NFL, 4-1 last week, 15-5 last month

Week 12
    Pittsburgh +1 -------Win Beat Browns
    Baltimore ML --------Win Killed Jets
    NY Giants -----------Loss lost to Dallas
    New England +2.5 ---WIN beat Denver
    New England/Denver Over 53 easy cover

4-1 on games picked but Baltimore was a ML.
    3-1 ATS

Some of you have asked about my season long stats
    33-22 ATS = 60% on 55 picks
    2-2 on Teasers
    3-0 on Totals
    1-1 ML not part of my 55 picks

I have been posting thoughts on all the games, even most of the leans and postings on the games I didn't bet on were spot on. For example I said Tampa + the points, or San Diego is good enough to go into KC and win etc. I talked about a low scoring low total in the Ravens/Jets game etc. I try and play my top 2-5 games and build a solid card. You really should check my threads out if you want to make money.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!

Green Bay @ Detroit

Packers Veteran LG Josh Sitton came out and said that Detroit plays dirty. Of course he was talking about Suh, but he said it starts with the head coach, the defensive coordinator and the line coach. He said he doesn't like them, they play dirty and he wouldn't care to play for that coach.

Jim Schwartz is a fake tough guy and he is Detroit's worst enemy. The Lions have good players, they should be winning, but their coaches stupidity is holding them back. A stupid fake FG against the Steelers, A loss to Tampa in a game they were over a touchdown favorites at home. A close loss to the Bengals. You can't say they don't have talent.

Green Bay owns Detroit and has won 9 out of the last 10 meetings but the Packers are reeling. Matt Damon lit the Lions up a couple of years ago for 500 yards, 6 TD and a new contract but that was at home when the hear was done. Now he will be on the road in a loud stadium.

The Packers played an entire overtime period, and are traveling on 3 days rest to play a better team, they are going to lose.

Forget about what Matt Damon did years ago, the Pack will lose this game. Their run game has been better, but Detroit has the D-Line. The only thing that scares me in this game is Detroit's coach. The Lions don't make it easy. The Lions are favored by a TD, do you know what was the last time they won by 7? Keep in mind this is a 6-5 first place team. The Lions won one game by 14 and one game by 8. They don't win "big". For that reason I would like to tease the Lions with another team.

C-Gold

Oakland @ Dallas

I liked McGloin in college, he seemed like a good decision maker to me but of course nobody would want him because he doesn't have a cannon arm or run a 4.5 40. I said why not give him a chance? He had good coaching in college, and made good decisions, I like McGloin but at this point he is a developmental backup. Dallas has a crappy defense, how is this guy going to exploit that?

If Terrell Pryor were playing this would be a harder decision, TP could be a franchise QB. He is a guy that I didn't like in college but he improved a lot and he would easily get redrafted as a 1st round pick. He is easily way better than EJ Manuel and GINA Smith. Pryor also looks better than Tannehill another high pick and he looks better than RGSGHEET. I don't think Pryor will play but if he does he is still not 100% healthy.

Everybody gets scared because Dallas plays up and down to their competition, but let's look at their last few home games.
    10 point Fav to MIN- This game fits the stereotype, they should have stomped MIN, but barely beat a crappy Ponder led team.
    31-16 win vs Washington on prime time, this is a game I would more equate this game to.
    48-51 loss to Denver, they played up to their competition
    31-7 win vs the Rams. They blew out an inferior team

So yeah everybody has Minnesota fresh in their mind but what about beating the Redskins on prime time, that game wasn't even as close as the score? What about beating a crappy rams team? They didn't play down to that competition. I think Dallas wins and covers. You could even go with that Turkey teaser with the Lions and Cowboys vs 2 backup QB's.

C-Gold

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore

I rode Baltimore last week, their defense is better at home but I still don't like their offense at all. Pittsburgh has won 3 in a row. This game looks like a no play for me but check out this stat.

Bal 16 Pitt 19 ---- 3 point margin
    Pitt 23 Balt 20 ----- 3 point margin
    Balt 13 Pitt 10 ----- 3 point margin
    Balt 23 Pitt 20 ----- 3 point margin
    Pitt 7 Balt 35 ------- 28 point margin
    Balt 24 Pitt 31 ------- 7 point margin
    Pitt 13 Balt 10 -------- 3 point margin
    Balt 17 Pitt 14 -------- 3 point margin
    Balt 20 Pitt 23 --------- 3 point margin
    Pitt 17 Balt 20---------- 3 point margin

That's 8 out of the last 10 games folks. Pitt is getting 3. That means if you tease them you can get them up to +10. This game is going to be at night, in the cold. Neither team is having much success running the ball. Points should be at a premium. Baltimore knows they couldn't run the ball last week against the Jets stout run D so they were having Tyrod Taylor run wild cat option.

Neither team is that good, neither team is complete. I might consider taking the points and teasing Pitt to +10. If these teams get into a dog fight low scoring game then great.

C-Gold

New England @ Houston +7.5

New England is coming off a huge emotional win vs Denver. Houston has hit rock bottom losing to the Jags. People are saying they wouldn't bet on the Texans at any price.

Before the season started Houston was supposed to win the AFC South pretty easily. I am sure NFL schedule makers would think this is a big divisional match up with playoff implications. The Texans still have one of the best defenses in the league, on paper, especially against the pass. The Patriots are good at passing, and their RBs had fumbling problems last week.

Everybody and their mom is on New England. They really should win but man, doesn't that worry you that everybody is on the Pats? I'd feel better teasing them down. Houston shouldn't be that bad. They outgained opponents in yardage 7 out of their last 10 games, this isn't some crappy team, they have talent but keep losing games.

I keep talking about teasers, I think NE is a decent teaser candidate. I probably wouldn't want to take them ATS.

C-Gold

Titans @ Indy

I said I like Fitzpatrick, guy has 320 yards, 2 TD 0 INT last week. He is better than some teams starters and is an excellent backup. This guy keeps finding a home because he can play.

The Colts won on Thursday night football 2 weeks ago in Tennessee and they should win at home. I would lean the Colts here but the Titans have played every game closely that Ryan Fitzpatrick has started. I am not playing this game. I don't know enough about the Titans and I think their QB is underrated.

C-Gold

Jacksonville @ Cleveland

The Jags aren't the last placed team in the NFL but I feel like they are still regarded as the worst team in the league. The spread is an even 7 who knows? All I know is if you are betting this game and are not a loyal Cleveland Browns fan then you need help.

C-Gold

Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Another solid week for Mike Glennon. The Bucs are averaging 24.5 PPG under Glennon and that is even without Doug Martin, they were averaging 11.75PPG under the Bi Sexual Bi Racial Druggie Cry baby party animal Josh Freeman. Funny how everybody thought that the coach was a jerk and that Freeman was unfairly targeted. He was a vet that showed no leadership and his own team didn't back him but of course our PC media would take his side. Well guess what, Greg Sciano was right to bench his BI quarterback. The offense has doubled it's production and that's with a rookie. Mike Glennon has a big arm and shows promise, he has read defenses very well. Josh Freeman just wanted to hang out and get paid with a contract. Glennon hasn't really had a bad game yet, it has all been decent or good, he almost beat Seattle in Seattle and the Bucs are 3-3 under Glennon and 0-4 under the Bi Sexual Bi Racial Freeman.

Carolina has won 7 in a row. I love their front 7 but I still don't like their QB, offense or coaching staff. Cam Newton isn't there yet. The play calling is weak and doesn't even utilize Cam's skills, and Ron Rivera is still one of the worst head coaches in the NFC.

Tampa has their own 3 game win streak but the Panthers did blow them out last time they played and that was in Tampa. Carolina is getting a lot of hype but this is a divisional game and I wouldn't want to lay more than a TD. This game is a no play for me, I think Tampa is still a little underrated as a team.

C-Gold

Chicago @ Minnesota

Every week I mention it but I will mention it again. Minnesota made the playoffs last year but I picked them to go 4-12 this year. Adrian Peterson could go down in history as the best RB ever but he is being wasted away because of a crappy head coach and a crappy QB. Leslie Frazier sucks and needs to get the pink slip.

Part of the reason why Marc Trestman had to coach in Canada is because the NFL is hell bent on diversity. So guys like Romeo Crenell, Mike Singeltary, Leslie Frazier, Jim Caldwell or Raheem Morris get head coaching jobs they have no business getting while guys like Trestman have to go off to Canada.

The Bears are on the road and are starting their backup QB but are favored and I would still lean to them. Probably a no play though.

C-Gold

Arizona @ Phila

Who ever wins the turnover battle is going to win this game. Carson Palmer has been a turnover machine. The Eagles led the NFL in turnovers last year with their d dumb dog killer QB, Foles hasn't thrown a pick yet but they still have a turnover prone team.

These teams are also tied to the Kevin Kolb DRC trade that both teams seamingly lost.

Arizona is quietly 7-4 and they are 7-4 ATS. They actually had a decent D last year but some of the worst QB play I can remember. Phila can be run and thrown on, but Arizona has a turnover prone QB and they still aren't that good at running the ball.

Arizona has a good D, but maybe Phila's hurry up Oregon offense will give them a little bit of an edge against that stout D?

The Eagles have been a weird team that wins on the road, but losses at home. Their fans are animals and put a lot of pressure on them, it has been that way since Andy Reid and Mcnabb were getting tough love from the fans.

The stats and analysis say that Arizona should win, they should be able to stop the Eagles run attack but they have a losing record on the road. My hunch says Phila wins to keep pace with Dallas here. How will they do it? I'd say Carson Palmer losses the game instead of Phila winning it. I don't think I want to play this game.

C-Gold

Miami @ Jets

I don't really want to play this game but depending on the weather I might consider it. Gina Smith looks like the worst guy in the NFL taking snaps.
    9 completions 2 INT and 13 incompletions last week
    8 completions 3 INT and 15 incompletions the week before
    8 completions 11 incompletions and 115 yards the week before that
    20 completions 2 INT and 10 incompletions the week before that

Geno Smith hasn't thrown a TD pass in 5 weeks! This is coming in an NFL with watered down rules where we see guys like Matt Stafford throw for 5000 yards.

Here is a little tip. Gina Smith has a weak arm and can't read an NFL defense. He can't play in the cold or wind. It was cold and windy in Baltimore last week and he struggled mightily and should have been benched for Simms. Even Dan Dierdorf the dumb ass was wondering why he wasn't benched. They kept running Josh Cribbs wildcat and passes instead of Gina.

The only reason why Miami isn't a big play is because
    A) Miami's offense isn't very good either and their O-Line is a mess.
    B) Jets really do have an awesome run D and I am not scared of Tannehill and Miami's pass protection sucks.
    C) Miami has had a decent D the past few years, but they have been vulnerable to the run, and the Jets want to ground and pound and that's all they should do with Gina Smith.

Seriously, look at all the backup QB's out there and they are better than Gina. Josh McCown is better than Gina Smith. Ryan Fitzpatrick is better than Gina Smith. Nick Foles is technically the backup QB, he is better than Gina Smith. Matt Cassell started a couple games. Mike Glennon is a rookie and took over and he is way better. Matt Flynn has bounced around the league and he's better. Kellen Clemens is better. I mean who is Gina Smith really better than?

The fear though is that Miami's offense does nothing, which is likely, and Gina just hands it off to Ivory and Powell who rush for a combined 140, sprinkle in a few screens and dump offs and the Jets win a low scoring snooze fest.

C-Gold

Atlanta @ Buffalo

I sort of like Buffalo here.

Atlanta sucks. They are missing their 2 stud receivers, and they have no run game. That means Matt Ryan is in 3rd and long after 3rd and long. That takes away a lot of the solid play calling they had last year. Also remember, Matt Ryan never was as good outside on the road as he was at home AND the Bills have a solid front 7.

Now on defense. Atlanta's D sucks, why? No Pass rush. That is perfect for a robot like EJ Manuel. The Bills can run the ball with Spiller and Jackson, and sprinkle in some easy dump offs, screens, short passes to keep the chains moving. Anybody can have success without a hard pass rush, even EJ Manuel. He is a future backup QB, the Bills will learn the hard way but he can do it here.

So the Bills stats are going to get messed up due to their fast style of play but look at this.
    Bills average 134 yards per game rushing.
    Atlanta D gives up 130 per game on the ground, or 4.6 per carry.

That is perfect for the Bills! This is outside, in the cold, out of conference opponent, and EJ Manuel will have time and should be in shorter down and distances. Matt Ryan will be in lots of 3rd and longs and he will have Kyle Williams, Marcel Darious and Mario Williams in his face.

The Bills are -3 at 5 dimes and I like them here. Atlanta hasn't won a road game yet this year and they are every bit as bad as their 2-9 record. I am considering playing Buffalo -3.

C-Gold

Rams @ 49ers

I was scared to take the 49ers last week because it was so obvious, it was MNF and all the money was on the 49ers. Well guess what, sometimes the public wins.

All I can say is wow, they easily have the best LB core in the NFL. Willis, Bowman, Brooks and Smith. People always say that Ahmad Brooks is underrated, last week was proof of just how great he is. The 49ers really have something special there and I think their defense is extra good on grass.

Vernon Davis was another guy, a TE that was abusing a corner and beating him deep.

Even with the 49ers going to the super bowl last year the Rams won the season series with a win and a tie, and they actually should have won the tie game if not for an awful call late in the game. To me that comes down to scouting. The Rams knew how to attack the 49ers last year and they kept going to Amendola and it worked.

The Rams already got blown out at home to SF, with Bradford. I think the 49ers will win and cover here short week and all.

C-Gold

Denver @ KC

I said that Denver was going to lose to NE and that they would win all the rest of their games on the way to the SB.

They should win this one, the script might call for a loss here, to scare people into thinking they won't win it but I still think Denver wins. They are not as good on the road, Peyton had trouble in the cold, but I still think they get it done here. The books think Denver wins by 3 or 4.

C-Gold

Giants @ Wash

Giants should win and cover, it is so obvious but everybody is on the giants.

C-Gold

Saints @ Seahawks

I lean Seattle at home to eat them up

The Saints are never as good on the road, or out on grass or on the West Coast. Remember the playoffs a couple years ago, you thought this time it was different with their historically good offense.

Look at what the Saints do though.
    #1 receptions leader is Graham with 65
    #2 receptions leader is Pierre Thomas with 56
    #3 receptions leader is Darren Sproles with 48
    #4 receptions leader is Colston with 43

This is sort of what goes back to me saying Brees is overrated. Guy led the entire NFL in picks last year. He was #2 in picks two years before that. He completes more passes to TE and RB than any other top QB. I mean the guy is getting 800 free yards per year throwing low risk screen passes to Darren Sproles on 3rd downs. Sean Payton makes sure his team is one of the best, top 3 at running screens and Brees benefits from that. His #1 receiver has the 4th most receptions on the team? He has a dominant target in Graham, he has the screen game, and he mixes receivers in. His game is very different than guys like Aaron Rodgers who hits all his receivers or Payton Manning. Brady hits a lot of screens and he had 2 dominant TE last year but Brady doesn't throw picks like Brees. Drew Brees is not in the same class as Rodgers, Brady and Manning in my opinion. He's probably the next best guy out there but he's not on their level.

Earlier in the year we saw a physical Akib Taleb match up with Jimmy Graham, if anybody has the size to get in his head it is Seattle. Brandon Browner is the perfect guy to check him but he's done. Sherman is probably too skinny for him but on the other side Sproles didn't play last week either and at best won't be 100% which will hurt the Saints.

I lean Seattle here but I want to see how my week is going before I do anything.

C-Gold

This is what I am looking at for tomorrow.
    Lions/Steelers Teaser
    Dallas -7.5

Sunday
    Buffalo -3
    Maybe Denver ML
    Depending on what happens maybe tease NE or the 49ers.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Your doing work love your writeups especially the picks..Great Job

C-Gold

Today
    1. Tease Lions + Steelers
    2. Dallas -7.5

I am locking in Buffalo for Sunday at -3. This game could potentially go to -3.5. This game won't get as much action as other games but it could still rise.

Detroit is untrustworthy but the Packers just played 75min of football on Sunday and now have 3 days or rest before this game. They are already bitching the Lions play dirty. If this is tactic to get the refs to keep an eye on it and potentially get some flags then I think it was a brilliant move but it sounds like Josh Sitton was just speaking his mind about Suh, and the Lions coaching staff. Just a guy speaking his mind without the politically correct blinders on.

Steelers Ravens, I couldn't tell you who will win but it should be low scoring, so getting all those points helps, and 8 out of the last 10 times it came down to a FG anyway. The Ravens are much better at home, but their offense isn't very good and Big Ben is the better QB here.

Dallas has the spotlight on them and should run away with this game. To me they are have the prime time slot. People are passed out drunk by the late game, and eating or doing family stuff with the early game. The middle game on Thanksgiving is the prime time game. I expect Dez and the Cowboys to whoop up on an inferior opponent to stroke their egos.

C-Gold

Lot of money coming in on Detroit. Maybe DET wins and GB covers?

Maybe Vegas lets the pub win the first game because they know people will get drunk and pi ss that money away later?

C-Gold

Week 13 card so far
    Tease Detroit + Pittsburgh
    Dallas -7.5
    Buffalo -3

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

$$$
    Great picks

C-Gold

My Gawd Detroit is so poorly coached. 150 yards to 50 yards and they are losing 10-3 to a backup QB. So glad I didn't lay all the points with this poorly coached team. Their coach is retarded.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Now 17-10 bud Detroit's run game gonna blow this game out even if Detroit has more turnovers

C-Gold

Did you tease it or lay the points?

Don't forget, Green Bay played a full overtime period last week and are on the road on 3 days rest. They could be gassed in the 2nd half.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Great job on the year so far.

Just a FYI, The bills game this week will be played in Toronto in the dome.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Great job on the year so far.

Just a FYI, The bills game this week will be played in Toronto in the dome.
    I did not know that, thanks for the tip.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Have it in two teasers and detroit -7 also over 48.5

All looking good want to see Stafford light up Green Bays Secondary and run d 2nd half as you stated Green bay is going to be gassed 2nd half

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

10 pt three teamer. Detroits Pitt Dallas
    6pt teamer Detroit -1 Pitt +9

Put 150. On live bet 4th score Detroit. -200 knew they would..but honestly was scared as crap when bush ran into traffic...looking at more live bets in this game 2nd half

Family isnt coming over untill 2 so trying to pack my acct. Early my brown loves football as well and has a acct so well be enjoying the family then talking stragedy during cig/cigar breaks LOL.
    Last edited by SEAHAWKHARRY; 11-28-13 at 01:23 PM.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Brother...not Brown my freaking phone spellcheck is going nuts

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post

Steelers Ravens, I couldn't tell you who will win but it should be low scoring, so getting all those points helps, and 8 out of the last 10 times it came down to a FG anyway. The Ravens are much better at home, but their offense isn't very good and Big Ben is the better QB here.

Dallas has the spotlight on them and should run away with this game. To me they are have the prime time slot. People are passed out drunk by the late game, and eating or doing family stuff with the early game. The middle game on Thanksgiving is the prime time game. I expect Dez and the Cowboys to whoop up on an inferior opponent to stroke their egos.
    I have
    Ravens -2.5
    Oakland +10

Scorpion
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Saints @ Seahawks

I lean Seattle at home to eat them up

The Saints are never as good on the road, or out on grass or on the West Coast. Remember the playoffs a couple years ago, you thought this time it was different with their historically good offense.

Sherman is probably too skinny for him but on the other side Sproles didn't play last week either and at best won't be 100% which will hurt the Saints.

I lean Seattle here but I want to see how my week is going before I do anything.
    I'll take Seattle if Darren Sproles is out, NO scored only 3pts in the 2nd half last week vs shitty Atl defense

C-Gold

Some notes.

Tough loss not buying the hook in the Dallas game. The Raiders bring the moose to Dallas for that late, back door cover FG. That stings.

Mike Tomlin should be suspended by the league front office for sticking his foot out inches away from the field of play like a true jackass. He changed the path of the runner and may have prevented a TD. People get fined for just standing close to the field, nevermind becoming part of the game.

What is up with the Steelers LG pre-snap? He stands there, looks back at Big Ben, gets the calls, then taps the C and the ball is snapped. Does that mean he is the one making the calls on the offensive line and not the center? I have never seen anything like that before. Did anybody else pick that up>

Pittsburgh receivers did a poor job on deep balls. They had 3 or 4 balls they could have caught for huge gains but they made poor plays on the ball and it cost them.

Obviously the Kicker's false start hurt Pitt who ended up losing by 2.

Levean Bell played very hard for Pittsburgh. I'd take a look at him in fantasy football next year when he is healthy. They will use him and he might not be such a high round pick. DeCastro is healthy and the O-Line looks better. Big Ben had an awesome game last night and he plays well late in games. He made some plays that nobody else could make.

The Ravens are a team I really don't want to bet against at home, I think they will have decent value the rest of the year, and I like Flacco in cold weather and windy games. He has the strongest arm in the league and that helps from now on out. The Ravens D is very good and I'd look at their under in any home game from here on out.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Mike Tomlin i s a fuking clown, despicable from a head coach. What kind of character flaw is that. That’s bush-league, sad day for the Steelers, to make it worse this piece of garbage is smiling about it. That’s a real classy coach in Pitt, motherfuker, his little smirk on the sidelines after is a giveaway that he knew what he was doing. Players learn their classlessness from their coach, such a low ball ignorant move

1234 Last