Turkey Day Game Opinions?

+6 GB Packers - What do you guys think?

kevin101
    kevin101's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think detriot -6.5

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Tough game. Ill take Detroit though, Tolzien sucks.

Kav
    Kav's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    Tough game. Ill take Detroit though, Tolzien sucks.
    tolzien isnt even starting, flynn is.

Down_Goes Bookie
    Down_Goes Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm starting to lean GB +6. Detroit has averaged less than 25 points over its last five game... a middling performance given the team's talent and hardly an offensive juggernaut. Bad coaching, mistakes and lack of discipline.

Flynn obviously is a huge factor. Don't know much about that guy, other than he's acquitted himself well this year and back in January 2012 threw for 480 yards and 6 TDs against Detroit. I do wonder why GB started Tolzien rather than Flynn when Rodgers went down... did they see something in Flynn they didn't like?

6 is a pretty big number and with GB being a better coached team and better run organization and Detroit's recent underwhelming performances (not to mention their dismal record vs. GB and on Thanksgiving) I think I'll put a few bucks on the Pack.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

dont take pack with 6, if you like them wait till you find a 7, should be able to snag that at some point..

Down_Goes Bookie
    Down_Goes Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    dont take pack with 6, if you like them wait till you find a 7, should be able to snag that at some point..
    haha right, just checked the lines and am seeing +6.5 and +7, nice.

hus7ler
    hus7ler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

If Flynn starts and GB O line doesn't break, Flynn and GB still wins here.
    Megatron has been out cause of a knee injury and hasn't practiced a couple days. Shields would LOVE the opportunity to put himself on the map. Even though shields has a hamstring injury, its nowhere as vital as a knee injury, and megatron not practicing is proof that its not even good enough to practice. Megatron will not be able to get a step on shields too often. Sitton talking shit about Lions D will keep the refs and the public on red alert, so this turned out to be a publicity move that will help his team.

Now everyone knows that stafford will throw to a megatron triple team if he starts to feel the heat. Flynn's bread and butter is the short pass and the screen pass. With Lion D line focused on trying to get to the QB, it'll open up the game for TE and slotbacks. And just when there not expecting it, the long pass will work against Detroits already bad backs... The blessing in disguise is that Flynn will rather under throw the ball than overthrow it, which will reduce the effectiveness of the deep safety zones and will allow his wr's a 1v1 rather than a double team.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i really dont think this 1st gm worth betting.. here your choices, take a team of underachieving morons, with a terrible coach and a knack for losing games they should win, oh yea and you laying a td with them! appealing right? didnt think so,,

is it less appealing than backing a qb that the raiders cut? the biggest lotto winner in the history of the nfl. if im flynn i have more love for the lions than i ever will for gb, after all if it wasnt for det pathetic secondary instead of having generational wealth he would be selling insurance. he outta show his gratitude by throwing 3 picks, nice gesture plus it gets him back to where he wants to be, holding a clipboard..