No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

We can argue forever about Cam Newton's true effectiveness

But can we at least all agree that Carolina's defense is approaching an elite level?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

After Seattle and SF, I think Carolina probably has the next best defense. I think they could improve a little in the secondary, but their front 7 more than makes up for it.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    After Seattle and SF, I think Carolina probably has the next best defense. I think they could improve a little in the secondary, but their front 7 more than makes up for it.
    Agree. I'd rank them in that order.

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

He's been very effective in this game and so far this season. It's only his 3rd year in the NFL and will only continue to get better. Maybe the best defense in the league.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Gruber View Post
    He's been very effective in this game and so far this season. It's only his 3rd year in the NFL and will only continue to get better. Maybe the best defense in the league.
    I think Cam's pretty good. I do. He's not anywhere near the upper-echelon of QB's, but he's light years ahead of the mediocre/bad ones in the league (and there are a lot of them).

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I think Cam is a good QB too. I just don't think he has much to work with. His best option is an aging Steve Smith. Olsen is a decent TE. But after that, he has nothing. It's not like he has a great offensive mind on the sidelines either.

Of the young QB's, Cam is right up there with Luck and Wilson.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I think Cam is a good QB too. I just don't think he has much to work with. His best option is an aging Steve Smith. Olsen is a decent TE. But after that, he has nothing. It's not like he has a great offensive mind on the sidelines either.

Of the young QB's, Cam is right up there with Luck and Wilson.
    Agree. If it was the Steve Smith of 5 years ago, it might be a different story.