Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Josh Freeman is released.

I can't believe they couldn't make a deal to at least eat some of his contract.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Schiano will be next.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I thought this read blessed. Apparently it does.

Out of that clusterfukk, and paid? Good for him.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

jets should sign him.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: leetreaper

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    jets should sign him.
    That would make so much sense, it's probably next to impossible that it happens.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

smoke will love this release

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Guy was a cancer

Good move

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

bengals should grab him fukk Dalton that teams a QB away From being Elite don't kid yourself Dalton has a good offensive line weapons galore kid still cant hit simple throws freeman would look real good with that line and those targets... jags need him but is the offensive line good enough for it to matter who they put back there?

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Guy was a cancer

Good move
    I know right he came off immature in that interview wonder what that was about schiano and him must have had a lot of friction.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Man huge upgrade for the Jets I hope they dont get him

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I can't believe they couldn't make a deal to at least eat some of his contract.
    Every team knew he wanted out and the Bucs wanted him gone. No one was gonna give up anything outside of maybe a 7th round draft pick, but why even burn that when this was the inevitable result. He'll be on someone's roster. I'll guess Raiders. Bucs former OC is OC there now.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    bengals should grab him fukk Dalton that teams a QB away From being Elite don't kid yourself Dalton has a good offensive line weapons galore kid still cant hit simple throws freeman would look real good with that line and those targets... jags need him but is the offensive line good enough for it to matter who they put back there?
    Id take that ginger and the chemistry he has built over this rental disaster that wont be good enough to be around next year.

If Rex Grossman can make the Superbowl with literally Hester and their defense, Cinci can make a run with a competent ginger and all the pieces around him, to include the best Dline in the league currently.

ChalkyDog

Freeman might have a legit case here, as in he can sue. Wouldn't be shocked if this mitigates that.

The way they handled freeman was real bad.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Id take that ginger and the chemistry he has built over this rental disaster that wont be good enough to be around anyway.

If Rex Grossman can make the Superbowl with literally Hester and their defense, Cinci can make a run with a competent ginger and all the pieces around him, to include the best Dline in the league currently.
    Teams loaded hes the weakest link .... name me one place bengals are weak? Defense front 7 all those dudes and margus hunt are studs some of the backups like hunt are studs. I'm telling you Daltons not the guy hes not even good enough to be Flacco and be a manager. A manager has to be able to make simple throws in clutch situations this fumbling,high throwing, mis reading defenses ginger is never going to get them deep in the playoffs. Trust me im no Bengal fan I've been watching andy since his TCU days hes a gamer hes just over his skis here he would be a really good backup QB hes not an NFL Elite starting QB and never will be. Frustrating he can make all the throws he just doesn't hit the easy throws which brings 2nd and 3rd and longs. IN short Hes a fukk up Josh Freeman was playing on the Bucs its a little bit different situation playing on the bengals loaded all the way around. Bengals should be scoring 30+ a game with the weapons they have. The offense is limited his stats look good because he gets some pretty easy throws but hes still not asked to carry that team he cant.

teaserpleaser

chalky remember what I said about Dalton come playoff time im heading to lunch don't have time to go back and forth .... Freeman wouldl be a decent upgrade

ChalkyDog

I have no idea where Freeman is mentally, I question if he is able to perform physically, and there is no way I fukk up a playoff team to find that out.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

absolutely shocked that they let him go after being their starter the past 3 years. After his first fullseason their was so much hype about him and he it looked like he would be the franchise quarterback. they were something like 9-7 or 10-6 that year don't remember the exact record. Can't believe he has come this low and their willing to let him go for nothing. He must have been a complete disaster in the locker room if they were willing to bench him for an unproven rookie and then release him despite not having another option at QB. He will make a good backup somewhere.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Every team knew he wanted out and the Bucs wanted him gone. No one was gonna give up anything outside of maybe a 7th round draft pick, but why even burn that when this was the inevitable result. He'll be on someone's roster. I'll guess Raiders. Bucs former OC is OC there now.
    Because someone might have bitten and traded for him? If you like him, do you want to lose out because you didn't give up a late pick?

Teams did inquire about him, so it might have happen.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Bucs couldn't even get betpoints for him.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    absolutely shocked that they let him go after being their starter the past 3 years. After his first fullseason their was so much hype about him and he it looked like he would be the franchise quarterback. they were something like 9-7 or 10-6 that year don't remember the exact record. Can't believe he has come this low and their willing to let him go for nothing. He must have been a complete disaster in the locker room if they were willing to bench him for an unproven rookie and then release him despite not having another option at QB. He will make a good backup somewhere.
    Tampa botched this big time.

Their handling of freeman caused his release much more than his play.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Schiano is very unprofessional.....Stuff I read how he handled freeman is childish. 2 sides to every story but no lube was handed out for sure.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Roadtrip635

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Guy was a cancer

Good move
    it doesnt matter what moves you make when you are 0-4

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

And he will never start AGAIN, lol.

theorudy
    theorudy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12920

After Glennon's come from ahead loss to Arizona including 2 clutch INTs in the 4th quarter, I figured Freeman was gone. They don't want the extra distraction of Freeman on the bench. Mike Glennon is the QB that can have them going toe to toe with Jacksonville for the #1 pick.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Anyone who thinks Freeman is an upgrade over Dalton is delusional. I live in Tampa and have watched every game he's played, all 5 years. Regardless who the coach is/was there is a constant refrain: he's not accurate (dumpoffs or long ball, doesn't matter), he still eyeballs receivers, poor pocket presence (holds the ball too long, takes unnecessary sacks), still throws off his back foot, doesn't read and make adjustments to the defense (and if he is he's terrible at it), still makes poor decisions (3rd and 5, takes off running and 1 yard short of the 1st down decides to throw to a covered receiver, or worse slides short), etc. etc. etc. Vincent Jackson's and Mike Williams' injuries are a direct result of god awful passes by Freeman, he's constantly throwing behind open receivers. F*king guy's been here 5 years and nothing's changed. He wasn't accurate in college and he isn't in the pros. His best games are the direct result of receivers making great plays, not the other way around. Worse he takes absolutely no responsibility for his poor play and his work ethic has been questioned more than once. Around here it's not a big secret that Josh likes to have a good time. I remember when Dilfer was here and the media skewered him because he liked to play golf on his off day instead of being at One Buc working on his game. Now it's poor Josh, Schiano's ruined him. He was backsliding from the "magical" 2010 season well before numbnuts got here. If Glennon never amounts to sh*t, he still throws the ball better than Freeman. Bengal fans should be careful what they wish for.

Last edited by swordsandtequila; 10-03-13 at 04:36 PM.

Bluehorseshoe

Tim Ryan just now on Fox Sports.....

"There's something wrong with Josh Freeman's behavior....He's a little bit off."

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Tim Ryan just now on Fox Sports.....

"There's something wrong with Josh Freeman's behavior....He's a little bit off."

Because the release of the information regarding his mental health didn't make it obvious?

Another Rupert Murdoch production.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

signed by the vikings apparently they don't have enough faith in Ponder. Already got a solid backup in Cassell as well, this should be interesting.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Anyone who thinks Freeman is an upgrade over Dalton is delusional. I live in Tampa and have watched every game he's played, all 5 years. Regardless who the coach is/was there is a constant refrain: he's not accurate (dumpoffs or long ball, doesn't matter), he still eyeballs receivers, poor pocket presence (holds the ball too long, takes unnecessary sacks), still throws off his back foot, doesn't read and make adjustments to the defense (and if he is he's terrible at it), still makes poor decisions (3rd and 5, takes off running and 1 yard short of the 1st down decides to throw to a covered receiver, or worse slides short), etc. etc. etc. Vincent Jackson's and Mike Williams' injuries are a direct result of god awful passes by Freeman, he's constantly throwing behind open receivers. F*king guy's been here 5 years and nothing's changed. He wasn't accurate in college and he isn't in the pros. His best games are the direct result of receivers making great plays, not the other way around. Worse he takes absolutely no responsibility for his poor play and his work ethic has been questioned more than once. Around here it's not a big secret that Josh likes to have a good time. I remember when Dilfer was here and the media skewered him because he liked to play golf on his off day instead of being at One Buc working on his game. Now it's poor Josh, Schiano's ruined him. He was backsliding from the "magical" 2010 season well before numbnuts got here. If Glennon never amounts to sh*t, he still throws the ball better than Freeman. Bengal fans should be careful what they wish for.

Exactly what I have seen. He had a what, 55% completion percentage in the Big 12? I agree he's had some "good games" but in this games his receivers made amazing plays that you don't see every day. How many dropped balls and tipped INTs have we seen in this early season and Josh Freeman's guys were making spectacular plays when he had success. Not because of his pinpoint accuracy or anything. Freeman is another failed quarterblack.

There is a good chance Freeman will be on 4 NFL teams in the next 3 years. He's done. He will be a career fill in when starters get hurt because he's not good enough to start himself. Your act is up Freeman.