daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Bovada employee sets Broncos/Jags vs Alabama line

This has to be the dumbest thing I've read in a while. I'm taking out a loan to up on the Broncos and the Jags...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...2121--nfl.html

“If Denver is about 27-point favorites over Jacksonville in Week 6 at Denver, we would have to set the Broncos as at least 40.5 point favorites over the Crimson Tide,” Kevin Bradley, Sports Book Manager of Bovada.lv told Yahoo Sports. “Potentially even higher, as we would assume Denver would score almost every drive while Alabama would be lucky to score 10 points."

“We often will use historical data and how our bettors bet the lines we open and adjust odds from there on any given game. Having said that, even though the Jags are awful and 0-4, they would still be big 17.5-point favorites over Alabama.”

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Alabama wouldn't score on either
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

most bama players could start for an nfl team.

most jags players couldn't start for bama.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    most bama players could start for an nfl team.

Not sure if serious...

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

In reality, Jacksonville would win about 56-0 at worst. On Alabama's current roster, maybe 20 of them could make an NFL roster, with about half of that who could start. Jacksonville has 53 NFL players who can make an NFL roster and 22 starters.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

The funniest part of the article is when he says how they set lines.

i could've sworn all it takes is copy/paste
    Points Awarded:

MobFade gave RudyRuetigger 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Louisvillekid1 gave RudyRuetigger 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

edawg gave RudyRuetigger 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RubberKettle gave RudyRuetigger 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    This has to be the dumbest thing I've read in a while. I'm taking out a loan to up on the Broncos and the Jags...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...2121--nfl.html

“If Denver is about 27-point favorites over Jacksonville in Week 6 at Denver, we would have to set the Broncos as at least 40.5 point favorites over the Crimson Tide,” Kevin Bradley, Sports Book Manager of Bovada.lv told Yahoo Sports. “Potentially even higher, as we would assume Denver would score almost every drive while Alabama would be lucky to score 10 points."

“We often will use historical data and how our bettors bet the lines we open and adjust odds from there on any given game. Having said that, even though the Jags are awful and 0-4, they would still be big 17.5-point favorites over Alabama.”
    So where is the "dumb" part? Seems right on to me.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

In fact, Jags would be closer to -21 over Bama.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Seems right to me as well

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    So where is the "dumb" part? Seems right on to me.
    The Jaguars would be able to name the score against Bama. The Broncos could score close to 100 unless Alabama kills the clock. This is grown men against 18-20 year olds.
    Last edited by daneblazer; 10-02-13 at 04:33 PM.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

A Team like Baylor or Oregon would play the Jags closer than Bama

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

NBA is the sport where this is true that the NCAA champion would beat NBA's worst team most of the time. Look at how badly New Jersey and Charlottes line ups were over the recent years and how they had no team chemistry with crappy coaching. I just don't see how people think the NBA team would win. NBA team might have more talent. Most of these guys on the worst record teams are declining in skill because they are getting paid.

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22139

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouNotGetIT View Post
    NBA is the sport where this is true that the NCAA champion would beat NBA's worst team most of the time. Look at how badly New Jersey and Charlottes line ups were over the recent years and how they had no team chemistry with crappy coaching. I just don't see how people think the NBA team would win. NBA team might have more talent. Most of these guys on the worst record teams are declining in skill because they are getting paid.
    Many years ago in MSG in NY they used to have a game every year after the season. It would be the Knicks, who at the time were probably or close to the worst team in the NBA against a College All Star Team. The lowly Knicks blew out the college players with ease.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    In reality, Jacksonville would win about 56-0 at worst. On Alabama's current roster, maybe 20 of them could make an NFL roster, with about half of that who could start. Jacksonville has 53 NFL players who can make an NFL roster and 22 starters.
    jacksonville doesnt have 53 nfl players

thats why theyre at risk of going winless

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

The Broncos should be favored by 60 if anything, lines a joke. The Broncos will score on every single possession of the game. Were talking one of the best ever NFL QB playing against a bunch of amateurs. Maybe only 10% of that Alabama roster of players evens get drafted, let alone ever becoming an impact starter in the NFL. AJ Maccaron throwing against that D with success is a joke also.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Max on JAX -17 1/2

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Not only would the Jags destroy Bama....a lot of kids would end up hurt.

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    Many years ago in MSG in NY they used to have a game every year after the season. It would be the Knicks, who at the time were probably or close to the worst team in the NBA against a College All Star Team. The lowly Knicks blew out the college players with ease.
    College all stars of course that will happen. Those guys don't want to share the ball, the coach is much better on the NCAA Championship teams than the NBA coach they would face, depending upon the year NCAA champions would have anywhere from 2 to 6 NBA draft picks on the NCAA team, and college all stars would have no team chemistry. The difference between the worst, second worst, and third worst NBA team is miles apart. Orlando, Charlotte, and then there is Cleveland which is way better than the previous two.

Look at the NBA all-star games and freshman vs. sophomore both games feature no defense.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5937

This thread is worthless.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    This thread is worthless.
    it's an interesting thread....it just lost steam rather quickly

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

threads dead as a fukkin hammer

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Not only would the Jags destroy Bama....a lot of kids would end up hurt.
    Relax Don Nehlan

top level d1 schools play shitty fcs schools all the time. This isn't very different.

In fact I don't know why this is so hard to figure out the end result.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Jags would beat Bama 42-3
    This shit is lame though.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

id say denver by 42 , avg nfl team by 31.5

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    On top of what I said you can add the first time The Dream Team played a college team and they lost. All-star teams are thrown together teams based on stats. Take the NBA champion and put them against the US Olympic team minus NBA champion players of that year. The NBA champion would win a vast majority of the time.
    Last edited by DoYouNotGetIT; 10-03-13 at 11:50 PM.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4137

I see this argument come up every once in a while and I find it hilarious that there are people who believe the top college program would stand a rat's chance in hell against an NFL team, even one as bad as the Jags. It would literally be men against boys. The Jags would absolutely dominate in terms of depth and defensive speed. I am not going to guarantee a shutout because you never know what sort of crazy play might happen, but as another poster in here said, the Jags would set the score.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sarunas

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

See what Stanford did to Washington State? That's patty-cake compared to what an NFL team would do to college kids.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

The Jags backups would win 50-0.

It's laughable to even compare college teams to pro teams.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    Only Gabbert. God he is terrible.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

dane what the fuk is that in your avatar ?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Miley Cyrus twerking on Aaron Murray

bama11braves
    bama11braves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

I mean take Bama's 12 team for example. All 5 OL will be drafted and 3 will go in the first 15 picks of there respected drafts. You have an NFL QB in McCarron 2 NFL RB in Lacy and Yeldon to go along with probably 3 receievers that will play in the NFL and Cooper will be a first round pick. If you took the 2011 defense that had over the past 2 years 5 first round picks courntney upshaw who went 36 and cj mosley who will be a first rounder this year along with one of two others i think Bama could play with the Jags this year. Only if you took the 2011 defense and matched it with the 2012 offense. I know you people are going to ridicule me but I think theyd lose about 42-10 42-14. let the bashing begin but there is a ton of first round talent off the past 2 years on the offense and defensive side of the ball

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

worst pro teams would still own any top college team/semi pro team/minor league team any day of the week...in 100 games the pros would win 95 of them I bet

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

The price is right

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Last night I watched the Browns/Bills and thought what if the Browns had Johnny Football instead of Brian Hoyer Brandon Weeden? I look at the Bills D-Line with Marcel Darious, Kyle Williams and Mario Williams. Think about those grown men, chasing a guy like Johnny Football around? You think he'd be spinning around and looping around when Mario Williams who is bigger and faster is chasing him?

I don't think the best college team is historically that great this year. Maybe the 02' Hurricanes or something but not Bama or Oregon. I like how Oregon plays and I like their team speed, they probably would score but how would that d-line do against 5 NFL grown men starters?

Look at how guys like Glen Dorsey can dominate in the SEC against guys his age, then he goes to the NFL and he was a bust for years. That tells you all you need to know. Forget about the WRs and RB's, the college teams offensive and defensive lines would get blown up every single play. It's like watching Bama play a team that can't block them. It doesn't matter who the QB is when he has no time.

12 Last