iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

NFL Play for Week Five...

Week 5 Play: This week we might be looking at the perfect storm... One team had high hopes but their season is pretty much over 4 weeks in... The other never had any hopes, but they get their best player back after serving a 4 week suspension... Yes, I like the Jags this week, and trust me, I know Blaine Gabbert is the worst quarterback in the league... (Geno Smith is right on his heels, we can't count Mark Sanchez anymore? Right?? There's no way he starts another NFL game.)

Anyways, here's some of the reasons I like Jacksonville this week...

The Rams Can't Stop the Run- The Cardinals and Falcons didn't exploit this in the first 2 weeks, but the cat is out of the bag now... DeMarco Murray and Frank Gore gashed this defense the last two weeks... The Rams are undersized on defense and it is pretty obvious if you watch the tape... If there is one thing the Jaguars can do somewhat well it is run between the tackles with Maurice Jones-Drew... This will allow them to shorten the game and open up the passing game...

Jaguars Get Their Best Player Back- If you don't know who Justin Blackmon is, you will soon enough. He is one of the most talented young wide receivers in the game, and he returns this week for the Jaguars... He gives them the big play threat they desperately need... And he also allows WR Cecil Shorts to return to more of a secondary option where he thrived last year...

The Jags Suck, but not as much as you probably think- Three of the Jags four games this year have been against some very good teams... The Chiefs, Seahawks, and Colts all look to be playoff teams... So you can't expect a team without it's best receiver and only true play-maker to compete with teams like this... They fall behind early, and things get exponentially worse because they are forced to abandon their run-first gameplan and put the ball in the air with no receiving threats... With Blackmon back and the ability to run the ball somewhat effective against a soft run defense, they should be able to actually compete this week...

Summary: They say you should never bet on bad teams, well I think we have two bad teams playing each other this week... Believe it or not, I think the Jags have the better running game and I'm sure they'll have the best receiver on the field this Sunday... And as bad as Blaine Gabbert is, Sam Bradford isn't much better...

I think the Jags have a shot to win this game at more than 4-1 underdogs, but I will take the points and look to take any Maurice Jones-Drew rushing props I can find... (Anything around 70 yards is a must play on the over) The team total will probably be around 14-16 points, I think they go over that as well...

Week Five Play: Jaguars (+11) -110

POW Record: 3-0-1 +3.00 Units
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttwarrior1

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

There is some meat to this post.

Does this mean you've give up on Pabinator?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

agree..may even sprinkle the ml cause jags very well could win this gm..

LowRollin
    LowRollin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I actually think I agree

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Why bet on this garabage.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Why are rams giving 11.5 points?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Paber must be back

or foldy couldn't hold out anymore

ton of value in jags ML this week

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I don't think it's right that iifold is bringing over his record from other sites here.

I'm pretty sure if his record was 0-3 elsewhere, he wouldn't have started a thread saying he was 0-3.

I'm sorry, iifold. Your record is 0-0.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I don't think it's right that iifold is bringing over his record from other sites here.

I'm pretty sure if his record was 0-3 elsewhere, he wouldn't have started a thread saying he was 0-3.

I'm sorry, iifold. Your record is 0-0.
    Get 'em giant

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

iisuck fudging his record?

im shocked.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post

ton of value in jags ML this week

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

if chad henne was starting i wouldve hammered the jags money line and retired at age 27.

instead ill wait and pray they make a qb change in game with the game relatively close. i like your thread though and i agree with all the comments as well.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

unfortunately, while sam bradford sucks, b-gab is just absolutley fukin God awful and it really holds jacksonville back from trying to win this one.

so yeah i just dont see the ml hitting with gabbert at qb against a good rams defense. but any given sunday i guess

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    unfortunately, while sam bradford sucks, b-gab is just absolutley fukin God awful and it really holds jacksonville back from trying to win this one.

so yeah i just dont see the ml hitting with gabbert at qb against a good rams defense. but any given sunday i guess
    id def like it better if henne was qb for sure, think they playing gabbert knowing that locks up the 1st pick maybe? far as lambs defense i think it a stretch to callthem good, they should be good, they were good last year and added a stud in olgatree via the draft but its painful to watch them attempt to tackle this yr, it almost like they have quit already..

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Don't the Rams have some good corners?

Jax QB always gets shy to throw anyone unless they are wide open vs man coverage... he is horrible. He tries to make a play or two, throws a pick and then gets scared and just stands there and waits to get sacked. That... or he starts to feel the pocket collapsing on him even when it is not... he takes off outside of the pocket scrambling like an idiot and gets himself into more trouble.

Just saying... this spread will probably come down to some special teams turnover or a missed field goal.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Don't the Rams have some good corners?

Jax QB always gets shy to throw anyone unless they are wide open vs man coverage... he is horrible. He tries to make a play or two, throws a pick and then gets scared and just stands there and waits to get sacked. That... or he starts to feel the pocket collapsing on him even when it is not... he takes off outside of the pocket scrambling like an idiot and gets himself into more trouble.

Just saying... this spread will probably come down to some special teams turnover or a missed field goal.

theoretically rams have good corners and d in general but they certainly havnt been playing like it.. gabbert is the biggest pussy no doubt but blackmon being back should help as he can get separation and turn a slant into 6 against lambs non-tackling asses..think he also will open things up for mjd and again rams have been getting gashed in the run gm as well... surprised so many ppl like the jags tho and that worries me considering no one ever likes the jags, guess ppl have seen how horrible stl is and think it to many points and id agree but all a sudden books are gonna be happy if jags get blown out? not sure i like that, it like they flipped the script a little with this number, guess they were sick of everyone fading jags...lol

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

rams are not much better than jags 49rs mauled em blackmon and cecil shorts are dangerous receivers throw in ml bet on jags for me