C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Andrew Luck is the best young QB in the game.

LOT of hype from ESPN over Bob Griffen III, Kaepernick, Scam Newton and Russell "midet" Wilson but Andrew Luck was the #1 pick in the draft for a reason. He is clearly the best young QB in the game. Guy took a 2 win team to the playoffs last year and they will go again this year. The Colts won 11 games last year. Colts had the 4th best record in the AFC last year. The Colts had a better regular season record than the Ravens. Yes, they benefited from a crappy division but still. The team is 3-1 this year with a signature win @ San Francisco where they blew out the 49ers.

Luck is the prototype. He's 6'4, 240. Strong arm, smart, experienced, and excellent pocket awareness. He was a top recruit out of high school and he lived up to all the hype in college. If he came out a year early he would have been the #1 pick but he stayed and perfected his skills. He doesn't have to roll out to his right all the time because he can't see over the offensive line (I'm looking at you Russell Wilson). He doesn't have 2 torn knees in 4 years like RG3. He has better mental make up than Cam Newton. He has more experience than Kaepernick.

THE TRUTH
    - Luck had more yards than all the other young QB's. He was 7th in the NFL with 4,375 yards.
    - Luck had more completions than all other young QB's, 339 completions.
    - Luck was #2 in the NFL with 65 completions over 20 yards. Clearly more than the other young guys.
    - Tied for #5 with 11 completions over 40 yards, better than the other guys.
    - 255 rushing yards and 5 rushing TD. He's underrated as a runner.
    - He did all this while being young and the 4th most sacked QB in the NFL.

How many guys play behind a not so good offensive line, take sacks and can't play anymore? Luck has excellent pocket awareness. Last year he easily could have used poor line play as an excuse but he didn't, he went 11-5 and had the 7th most passing yards in the league, and he wasn't throwing dump offs like many young QBs. He threw down field as much as anybody. His pocket awareness is really going to help him in his career. It doesn't always show up in the stats but it will help him immensely over his career. So many young QB's can't feel the pass rush and it stunts their growth, and some experienced QBs get happy feet. Luck looks like a top 5 NFL QB in the way he stands in the pocket and delivers accurate throws. It is very impressive and underrated.

The 1 knock on Luck is that he threw picks last year. That's OK for a first year rookie QB who was 1 completion shy of having the most 20+ yard completions in the NFL. How many young guys are throwing dump offs to their RB, WR screens, play action, drag routes to the tight end. When Big Ben was a young game manager Bruce Arians took away 1 side of the field to give him less reads, to make him succeed. Luck was throwing the ball down field. He's young, he's learning the speed of the game. The interceptions will come down. He is already a top 5-10 QB and he's only in year 2.

Look at how much the other guys are struggling and ESPN just makes excuses and continues to hype them up. I can't believe how little hype Luck gets, he's the best and he has the most potential. That's right, he's the best right now AND he has the most potential. The NFL is a passing league and he is already the best passer and he's destined to get better.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Agreed.

He is a lot smarter than the other guys too.

I'll take the white dude from Stanford to win a Superbowl before I would take any of the others.

C-Gold

Luck is now 4-1 and beat the over hyped Seahawks. I am scared people are learning that Luck is already a top 5-10 QB. Last year it was all running QBs, now people are learning how good Luck is.

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

He will be the GOAT if not close to it, in a very good argument

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Russell Wilson over Andrew Luck still. I just like Russell Wilson's ability to escape tackles and buy time in the pocket. Kaepernick I knew was going to have a tough time in the league, because the pistol offense is why he got so much yards and once teams figured it out his passing ability is not great. Cam Newton was all hype and Robert Griffin III you cannot play like that in the NFL.
    Last edited by DoYouNotGetIT; 10-06-13 at 09:19 PM.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouNotGetIT View Post
    Russell Wilson over Andrew Luck still. I just like Russell Wilson's ability to escape tackles. Kaepernick I knew was going to have a tough time in the league, because the pistol offense is why he got so much yards and once teams figured it out his passing ability is not great.
    Completely Ignorant statement. Escaping tackles? Are you looking for a running back or a quarterback? So you wouldn't want Peyton Manning or Tom brady? They aren't "mobile" and even the ignorant crowd can see they are good. Russell Wilson averaged under 200 yards per game last year and there is a decent shot he will this year as well. There is a decent chance that the 5'10 QB of the Seahawks won't even be starting for any team in 5 years.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Agreed 100%. Luck is the best young QB we've seen in a while.

gambler705
    gambler705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2364

Russ wilson over Luck??? Please... When will people get it that you cant win with quarterbLacks? And before u get your panties in a bunch, ill tell u right now u aint winning in the NBA with 5 white guys in the starting 5 either.

Russell Wilson over Andrew Luck still. I just like Russell Wilson's ability to escape tackles and buy time in the pocket. Kaepernick I knew was going to have a tough time in the league, because the pistol offense is why he got so much yards and once teams figured it out his passing ability is not great. Cam Newton was all hype and Robert Griffin III you cannot play like that in the NFL.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: C-Gold

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

We will see who wins their first Super Bowl title first. My money is on Russell Wilson.

gambler705
    gambler705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2364

Wont be because Wilson is better than Luck if they do...
    Its not even close... Wilson is an average qb at best

We will see who wins their first Super Bowl title first. My money is on Russell Wilson.

FearTheBeard
    FearTheBeard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 718

Agreed, Andrew Luck is going to dominate the AFC south for years to come, and is, IMO a top 5 QB already. The problem is, his success started so early, will the Colts be able to draft enough players to allow them to win Super Bowls? Look at what happened with the Colts in Manning's last few years there - they competed every year cause the offense was so good but they had no depth cause they were picking so late in the draft.

C-Gold

Listening to the media today it seems like people are already getting that the Colts and Luck are for real. He already beat the mighty 49ers and mighty Seahawks. If not for a called back TD against Miami they could be undefeated right now with impressive wins.

Last year it was all black running QB's, "the nfl is changing", RG3 was being compared to Aaron Rodgers and they are all struggling now. Luck is clearly the best as I have been saying.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Yep no doubt Luck is head and shoulders above everyone else in that class.

Colts are impressive, I said that they would probably regret the Trent Richardson trade, but it is looking pretty good now that Bradshaw will likely need surgery. Still not completely sold on their defense, but it has become pretty clear they are the best team in the AFC South.