DABOOK
    At The Spectrum
    DABOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18419

Why You should Take Chargers +7

I have none please post yours here. Chargers had a huge let down at home vs hou. Both lines are weak. Skill positions are thin. King Dunlap is an Eagle cast off now he starts for Chargers.
    Eagles were unstopple in the first half vs Wash at their house. Eagles at home will not take foot off of gas in opener.
    Now this is where it gets strange. If the line opened at Eagles -7 then creeped to 7.5 then 8 I would understand. This game went 7 then 8 then 9.5 and now sits back at 7. SD travels west coast to east coast and kicks at 1 pm. What the hell am I missing. I am from Philly but the weird line move from 7 to 9.5 back to 7 has me totally lost. In no way do I think this is an easy Phlly win. The line move has got me stuck.Thoughts?

besuccessfulone
    besuccessfulone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Did you see chargers defense run out of gas in the 4th qrter? Against high octane offense

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

best answer is before last week this line was less than 7 so in principle alone you should not bet philly as in no way should what happened 1 week influence a line so much short of a huge injury.. or more logically as much as i love philly offense their d is straight trash and happened to catch rg3 at a really good time, whether philly jumps out early again and rivers battles back cause yes they will take their foot off the gas if they have lead considering they are playing in the next thu night gm or whether rivers just hangs td for td with them against a suspect secondary..lots of reasons not to bet philly ats, not that im sure they great reasons to back chargers but it a mistake to take a line that inflated so much based off a week and even worse when it large enough to get backdoored and the team you backing is gonna have to pace itself especially on a short week and a thu gm looming...you asked, i really like what chip kelly got going on tho and bet the over soon as it came out..

DABOOK
    At The Spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    best answer is before last week this line was less than 7 so in principle alone you should not bet philly as in no way should what happened 1 week influence a line so much short of a huge injury.. or more logically as much as i love philly offense their d is straight trash and happened to catch rg3 at a really good time, whether philly jumps out early again and rivers battles back cause yes they will take their foot off the gas if they have lead considering they are playing in the next thu night gm or whether rivers just hangs td for td with them against a suspect secondary..lots of reasons not to bet philly ats, not that im sure they great reasons to back chargers but it a mistake to take a line that inflated so much based off a week and even worse when it large enough to get backdoored and the team you backing is gonna have to pace itself especially on a short week and a thu gm looming...you asked, i really like what chip kelly got going on tho and bet the over soon as it came out..
    Thanks. Many good points there. Philly D is not good on paper but did stop the run the better than I expected. I think laying 7.5 would be a back door set up. Not -7. In the home opener vs a west coast team playing at 1pm eastern I'm feeling a 14 point victory. The look ahead scenario is the one that I missed. The question is who bet it all the way to 9.5. It got to 9 and enough money put it to 9.5. That is just insane.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DABOOK View Post
    Thanks. Many good points there. Philly D is not good on paper but did stop the run the better than I expected. I think laying 7.5 would be a back door set up. Not -7. In the home opener vs a west coast team playing at 1pm eastern I'm feeling a 14 point victory. The look ahead scenario is the one that I missed. The question is who bet it all the way to 9.5. It got to 9 and enough money put it to 9.5. That is just insane.
    more teaser protection than anything as they a sweet looking tease option, books tend to limit their exposure on those during the week by pushing it up to a pretty dead number to prevent 6 point teases from crossing the 7 and 3.. they were good vs run last week but rg3 wasnt ready to play and they could key on it, not to mention they got up so fast kinda took the run gm away.. defense can be had for sure\, but not like sd sporting much of a run gm or a very solid oline,, love the offense but i gotta believe with them playing monday and a thu gm with kc on deck if they jump out there a good chance they shut it down early... and again it simply not good business long term to bet into a inflated number as this was -6.5 last week before philly did their thing in front of everyone, not that it wont hit but just something i think if you do enough it will cost you...gl whatever you decide

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Does anyone think SD wins this game?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Does anyone think SD wins this game?
    nope..but i admittedly have a man crush on this philly offense..always liked vick, like djax and shady and think chip a freaking genius..even use them in madden even tho the d blows!

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

if you play sd, parlay with the over

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by iwantcougars View Post
    if you play sd, parlay with the over
    oh it going over either way

Oteder
    Oteder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1428

I'm on s.d. There d line is tough a Lil shaky in the back but guys sd is not no slouch they are under valued Philip rivers is no weeden or no gabbarth I watched them good they had a let down look for them to come and fight guys

DABOOK
    At The Spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    more teaser protection than anything as they a sweet looking tease option, books tend to limit their exposure on those during the week by pushing it up to a pretty dead number to prevent 6 point teases from crossing the 7 and 3.. they were good vs run last week but rg3 wasnt ready to play and they could key on it, not to mention they got up so fast kinda took the run gm away.. defense can be had for sure\, but not like sd sporting much of a run gm or a very solid oline,, love the offense but i gotta believe with them playing monday and a thu gm with kc on deck if they jump out there a good chance they shut it down early... and again it simply not good business long term to bet into a inflated number as this was -6.5 last week before philly did their thing in front of everyone, not that it wont hit but just something i think if you do enough it will cost you...gl whatever you decide
    Ahhh! Teaser protection. Makes sense. I have a man crush on Birds Offense as well. I didnt know how much i hated Reid until last week. I sware I had his playbook in my head. I used to call out his playcalls like Rainman before the snap and be right more time than not. Enjoy the game. Birds 35 -21

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Oteder View Post
    I'm on s.d. There d line is tough a Lil shaky in the back but guys sd is not no slouch they are under valued Philip rivers is no weeden or no gabbarth I watched them good they had a let down look for them to come and fight guys
    i agree with you if you play a side it has to be chargers, as i said i just dont think it a good idea to bet into a line that is jacked up based off the previous week.. that said ive had a plan with philly since day 1 and it is pound the shit out of their overs until books start lining them over 56 so i hit the over soon as it dropped this week of coarse this will be a dilemma for me on thu aa i auto play every thu night 1st half under so hoping they hang about 90 today so it a really big number thu!!

DABOOK
    At The Spectrum

Well. Turns out the Eagle D is what I thought they were in Aug. BAD !!! Couldnt stop rivers at home. I watched Rivers last year and he stunck. This week he was Joe Montana. Congrats to Sd backers. Keep on cashing. Enjoy

DABOOK
    At The Spectrum

Bumpington for thoughts. Rain delay style. Or Va. Delay indusrtries. Importing and exporting

Oteder
    Oteder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1428

Told u book taking candy from a baby like I said rivers is no slouch he cut chip Kelly ass up!