LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Sounds Like David Wilson is Starting, Giants are an Intriguing Home Underdog

First of all, the signing of Brandon Jacobs should actually help Wilson as Jacobs was not brought in to challenge for his job. http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...brandon-jacobs Jacobs will be the third down back brought in to help the pass protection, the role that Andre Brown was supposed to have and that Wilson failed at last week. With that off of Wilson's plate, he could just concentrate on his running (and holding on to the ball), and remember that this is like deja vu as Wilson was benched after fumbling in his first game last year and then did not fumble the rest of the season. An effective Wilson plus a suspect Denver defense missing some pieces could allow for a more balanced Giant offense and longer sustained drives that keep Eli's big brother on the sidelines longer, which may be the Giants' best defense of the Broncos this game.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3165

Like the G men +4.5. Should be close if they put up around 24-28.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Victor Cruz is a beast

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

they won 2 Super Bowls with Jacobs, not sure why they let him go to begin with

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

this is pretty good news being a david wilson owner...although I really liked the idea of having wilson as an every down back, especially on passing downs as he has good hands as a receiver...but unfortunately he fumbled that away in the first week...still, as my flex back (gore/forte as my 2RB and a. bradshaw on my bench) I think it could be worse...seems like a pretty good buy-low candidate in fantasy as he has the capability to be a difference maker if he can get on the field and pretty much everyone hates him right now

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9269

Peyton will shit on his kid bro.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    this is pretty good news being a david wilson owner...although I really liked the idea of having wilson as an every down back, especially on passing downs as he has good hands as a receiver...but unfortunately he fumbled that away in the first week...still, as my flex back (gore/forte as my 2RB and a. bradshaw on my bench) I think it could be worse...seems like a pretty good buy-low candidate in fantasy as he has the capability to be a difference maker if he can get on the field and pretty much everyone hates him right now
    yea but the kid cant block... while sure gonna lose few ppr receptions (even tho he prob still get out on a screen or 2), the bad part is he may lose goaline touches but that was gonna be the case when i drafted him anyway til brown got hurt..i actually think this takes the pressure off worrying about the things he struggles with and gets him back into his role like in the preseason where he was busting big time runs.. actually feel much better about him today than i did earlier in the week, and he my damn 2 so if he your flex id feel great if i was you..im in deep ass league and really bradshaw and moreno my only other options, i think bradshaw will be putting up rb 2 numbers by the end of the month just think he needs another week or 2 to get himself up to gm speed after missing preseason..

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Payton Manning 2-0 Vs Eli Overrated MAnning. Oh He Won Two Supervised Big Bucking Deal. He Played Behind A Good Defense And Running Game. Took A Miracle Catch And Dropped Ball By Welker For Giants To Win A Couple Super Bowls. First Pass Eli Threw Was A Int He Is A Walking Turnover. Jacobs Hasn't Played Since When Coming Off A Knee Surgery.Not Really A Team Player. Giant Fans Look Out For Flying Helmet Into The Crowd. Denver Rolls In This One Payton Once Again Shows His Little Brother What A Hall Of Fame Qb Is.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    they won 2 Super Bowls with Jacobs, not sure why they let him go to begin with
    He is a cry baby. Stats downward spiral. No show in the playoffs. Need I go on.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Bringing in Jacobs will definitely help David Wilson. They were asking too much of him. The guy can't pass block. Period. Giants kind of put themselves in this position when they didn't sign anyone after Andre Brown went down. Even if he didn't have the fumble problem, at some point David Wilson's pass blocking was going to become a problem. Jacobs should take the pressure off Wilson, and he can just focus on breaking some big runs.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Ill be with the giants this week they have a better defense than the ravens and there at home

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Broncos defense without Von Miller and Champ Bailey with Elvis Dumervil traded away. Is a concern.
    No bet for me.

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Yeah,I like the Giants and the points.......Couch,will have this team focused after the embarrassing six turnovers in Dallas.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Bringing in Jacobs will definitely help David Wilson. They were asking too much of him. The guy can't pass block. Period. Giants kind of put themselves in this position when they didn't sign anyone after Andre Brown went down. Even if he didn't have the fumble problem, at some point David Wilson's pass blocking was going to become a problem. Jacobs should take the pressure off Wilson, and he can just focus on breaking some big runs.
    exactly..honestly i had no idea what a horrendous pass blocker this kid is. i didnt get to catch the sunday night gm live (recorded and used the fast forward to see what i needed to in 30 min ..man that kid just straight whiffs on blocks, not sure what worse his unwillingness to put a hat on a guy or his lack of understanding of where the pressure even gonna come from! 2 things that i would think he makes enough money to dedicate himself to improving as that all about desire and study, hopefully a guy like jacobs can teach him a thing or 2 about being a pro cause he certainly isnt the guy to be giving him tips on ball security as if memory serves me right jacobs fat ass had a knack for putting the ball on the turf himself...the one thing that bothers me is coughlin could maybe shut the fukk up with the berating him in every press conference as not everyone responds well to that shit, there more than one way to skin a cat ya old fukk! oh and didnt like the wilson tweet saying he didnt give a shit bout the fans or my fantasy team he screwing with! lol..

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Get rid of one fumbler for another

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Denver's D actually played better than I expected vs Balt. Welker gave them a td at the 1 yd line. Now if Wesley Woodyard is out and/or limited thats another story. He's prob their best player on D besides VM.....the guy is everywhere. I teased the Over a little but thats it at this point. Should def be a shootout....Denvers front 4 pounded Rice so Eli should have to throw and Denver doesn't look like their going to run it that well either.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    yea but the kid cant block... while sure gonna lose few ppr receptions (even tho he prob still get out on a screen or 2), the bad part is he may lose goaline touches but that was gonna be the case when i drafted him anyway til brown got hurt..i actually think this takes the pressure off worrying about the things he struggles with and gets him back into his role like in the preseason where he was busting big time runs.. actually feel much better about him today than i did earlier in the week, and he my damn 2 so if he your flex id feel great if i was you..im in deep ass league and really bradshaw and moreno my only other options, i think bradshaw will be putting up rb 2 numbers by the end of the month just think he needs another week or 2 to get himself up to gm speed after missing preseason..

i do agree, i feel better about him now than i did last week. but i drafted him after the preseason (as my #2 pick, in the second round, to be my RB2). this was because of andre browns injury and wilsons increase in snaps as a result. now, I find it hard to believe I will get back that 2nd round value out of him. as a contingency plan, I used my first 3 picks on running backs, forte, wilson, gore. so yeah, he is my flex, but only because forte and gore can handle being solid 1 and 2. and dont be mistaken, I am in a 12 team league with extra bench spots, 3WR, 2RB and 1 flex, so it is deep. There is no one in the player pool that is worth grabbing.

also, i am completely against the school of thought that you need to have a big bruiser for a goal line RB. i think this is a terrible idea. guys like lesean mccoy, jamal charles, etc have been some of the best goal line backs in the past few years. it makes no sense to use jacobs on the goal line, he is horrible there, but now that is just another chance at scoring taken away from d. wilson

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Everyone likes the Giants +5.5. You know what happens when this occurs. Vegas cleans up.

SGM
    SGM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I like them, Giants always play well when they are counted out.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Everyone likes the Giants +5.5. You know what happens when this occurs. Vegas cleans up.
    line should be 7.5

this game is unbettable.

If you want to bet NY Giants wait til week 3 and hammer them vs Carolina.

Game will be a pick'em and Giants are a bad matchup for carolina's pourous offensive line

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    exactly..honestly i had no idea what a horrendous pass blocker this kid is. i didnt get to catch the sunday night gm live (recorded and used the fast forward to see what i needed to in 30 min ..man that kid just straight whiffs on blocks, not sure what worse his unwillingness to put a hat on a guy or his lack of understanding of where the pressure even gonna come from! 2 things that i would think he makes enough money to dedicate himself to improving as that all about desire and study, hopefully a guy like jacobs can teach him a thing or 2 about being a pro cause he certainly isnt the guy to be giving him tips on ball security as if memory serves me right jacobs fat ass had a knack for putting the ball on the turf himself...the one thing that bothers me is coughlin could maybe shut the fukk up with the berating him in every press conference as not everyone responds well to that shit, there more than one way to skin a cat ya old fukk! oh and didnt like the wilson tweet saying he didnt give a shit bout the fans or my fantasy team he screwing with! lol..
    Hey bank get the NFL rewind its free all week and you can watch the condensed gm which shows every play in under 30mins plus if your like me and like to see what teams are running they have coach cam. And it's only 11$ a month all season if you like it post free trial.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    Hey bank get the NFL rewind its free all week and you can watch the condensed gm which shows every play in under 30mins plus if your like me and like to see what teams are running they have coach cam. And it's only 11$ a month all season if you like it post free trial.
    right on..got several boxes and just record the ones im interested in getting a closer look at then do my own editing but yea for 11 bucks that sounds lot easier, have to check out and see which i prefer..thanx for the heads up..

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Bumping to confirm Giants +4.5 as official play.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

if wilson fumbles again, i say his career is virtually over as a giant.

i'm predicting he holds on to the rock like a crack whore holding on to her rock.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9269

B Jacobs a factor again!

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Giants Getting Blown Out No Surprise here

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Man, I David Wilson has been a bum so far this season. Not a good sign with Jacobs stepping in and getting so much action right away.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post