KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

My Top 5 teams after week 1

I know its week one, we haven't seen anything yet. Still, at this point you have to start somewhere.

1. San Francisco 49ers- I said on Sunday they just appear to be playing on a 60 yard field. Kaepernick proved yesterday he is just as accurate as ANY starter currently in the NFL. Offensive line looked stellar. Team just doesn't make mistakes. Receivers are bigger and faster than any core in the league. Defense only weakness is at corner but give that a few weeks.

2. Denver Broncos- Addition of Wes Welker totally changed what they can do on offense. Didn't have that kind of speed and knowledge at that position last year. Defense didn't have its best pass rusher and didn't skip a beat. Team looks very hungry.

3. Baltimore Ravens- Your goin huh?? I know they got lit up but that offense is still gonna be top 5 in NFL and the defense will come around. Flacco still has Ray Rice and Torrey Smith which Boldin will be missed, but their offense can be run without a big physical receiver. Still same head coach. Ravens will be fine.

4. Detroit Lions- Really like this team this year. Love what they did getting Reggie Bush and said that before Sunday, haven't had a dynamic option like that in Yeats. Defense is very underrated. Schwartz is getting to the point where he's been around a couple years and isn't going to throw challenge flags in middle of plays. Watch for them to win NFC north.

5. Philadelphia Eagles- May be a lil premature on this but I see Vick really focused and actually GETTING it. He has a plethora of targets and has been on record saying this is his favorite offense he's ever ran. If he can stay healthy and that defense is better especially with Williams I like Philly to win this division barely over the Cowboys.

Sure some will disagree, just my thoughts.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

swartz is a terrible coach and these the most undisciplined group of clowns in the league....if anyone taking the div from the pack it is the bears, great defense, Jeffery and marshall are studs on the outside, bennett another beast in the middle, forte looks as good as ive ever seen him as he appears to have a burst he been lacking in recent years. that 4 legit weapons to throw to and tressman bringing in saints former oline coach has appeared to do wonders as they kept cutler clean vs a very good cincy front 7, . i know everyone will knock cutler but we shall see what a difference it makes that he not getting creamed on every play and ive always thought the dude has gotten a bad wrap..

while i love philly they not a top 5 team, they wil be fun to watch but that defense has a lot of holes that wernt exposed last night cause rg3 a scrub. i think phi will be right in the thick of the div race but mainly cause everyone in that div will hoover around 8-8 and a break here or there and presto 9-7 prob gets you in, same as usual in the nfc least.

forget balty being a top 5 team, dont care what happened thu night they wernt a top 5 team before the playoffs last yr as they couldnt win a meaningful road gm to save their lives (obviously they got hot at right time), they lost too much and only reason they even get in the playoffs is cause the have the good fortune of playing in the afc...

honestly not sure how you can make this list and not have sea on it? its all objective and to each is own but leaving off arguably the best team kinda makes the list seem hollow...

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

You can disagree, I didn't see your list.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Not even close. Baltimore? Detroit? Philly? Dream world?

1. New Orleans
    2. Denver
    3. San Francisco
    4. Seattle
    5. Houston

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Not even close. Baltimore? Dream world?

1. New Orleans
    2. Denver
    3. San Francisco
    4. Seattle
    5. Houston
    I wouldn't disagree with New Orleans and Seattle. You guus, the opening line of the post is what I saw week one. Not LOCK THIS IN REST OF SEASON. Seattle dropped 12 points tho.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

2dabank, I only saw you mention bears, I'd take Flacco and his core over double chin Turkey Cutler any day of the week wouldn't think twice.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Cutler sports his helmet just above his eyebrow for godsake dude can't even see the field and he runs like a virgin.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Not even close. Baltimore? Detroit? Philly? Dream world?

1. New Orleans
    2. Denver
    3. San Francisco
    4. Seattle
    5. Houston
    lmfao...you say he not close then you list saints as #1? gtfoh saints are not in the top 5 in the nfc...talk to me after they lose to tampa this week.. saints

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    2dabank, I only saw you mention bears, I'd take Flacco and his core over double chin Turkey Cutler any day of the week wouldn't think twice.
    i dont even make bears top 5 i just think if you picking a team to knock off the pack in that div i think chi is the ones to do it..

here you want a list? again not that it means much but what the hell...

1) SF..we agree here, they should have won the sb last year and unlike previous teams that fall off after coming up short these guys are hungry with prob the best coach, a qb who is taking over the league, the best oline. honestly i thought the loss of crabtree would be devastating as kinda thought w/o that guy to blow the top off defenses the pistol would be easier to defend (not talking zone read just the pistol formation in general). thought bolden looked fat and slow most of last yr until the playoffs and wasnt sure he was the answer and maybe this still turns out to be the case as clearly gb was terrified of keap running so they sat back and let him pick them apart and really gb prob still should have won that gm...as of now tho ill stick with the niners..

2) seachickens.. greatest home field in all of sports, shorthanded in the front 7 right now and still went to car and won a impressive gm imo, huge adv having corners that are just as or bigger than most these wrs and can run with anyone, secondary what really makes this team scary. wilson is like a fast drew brees imo, very cerebral gm for a 2nd yr player, punishing ground gm, no elite wrs but a strong group, if harvin didnt get hurt id prob have them 1..

3)broncos.. so many weapons they dont even need a damn defense, when miller and champ get back really no one in the afc that can mess with them, only question is can mannings arm hold up in cold playoff gms in the mountains cause they should really be the afc champions..

4) packers....these guys had sf beat in sf last week, addition of lacy finally gives them a run gm teams have to worry about which should serve them well when the weather gets cold..despite getting shredded by keapernick think the d can be good enough with this offense and a run gm to keep them off the field.

5)this is tough, id like to put cincy here but at same time i just watched bears beat them, i can see why you went out on a limb with philly here simply cause i could say 5 different teams and still not be sure which was right.. so i guess ill go with the team that i talked about already and drink the tressman kool aid BEARS

player101
    player101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Houston keeps playing down to it's competition...gonna be a long year...my thoughts as to teams that played hard week 1: Denver sf gb no philly det chig k.c. Lets see what next week brings...my really bad teams: Jax clev pitt t.b. ....bad teams that played hard: Jets ok buff car.....just my thoughts...grade them yourself